2022 cruise release?

With a year+ worth of cruises wiped out, any guesses on what the prices might look like for summer 2022?

LAX
I'm guessing prices will be high, especially for the unique itineraries. I'm expecting Greece to be through the roof! Not only is there pent up demand, lots of people have FCC to spend.

I'm guessing prices will be high, especially for the unique itineraries. I'm expecting Greece to be through the roof! Not only is there pent up demand, lots of people have FCC to spend.

It will be interesting to see. It will likely be higher than the last time a similar itinerary was offered, but I think the lines are smart enough to know that they cannot raise the prices absurdly as there will come a point when no one will pay it and they'll be emptier.

It will also be interesting to see - even with the "pent-up demand" how many people actually do come back - either immediately, especially given that masks will likely be required, vaccines mandatory for all eligible, etc.; or waiting a bit until masks are not required and things are more "normal" (honestly I don't see the vaccine requirement going away, so anti-vaxxers are likely going to be out of luck) - and how many people, FCC or not, are just too scared to get on a cruise ship knowing what can happen now.

It will be interesting to see. It will likely be higher than the last time a similar itinerary was offered, but I think the lines are smart enough to know that they cannot raise the prices absurdly as there will come a point when no one will pay it and they'll be emptier.

It will also be interesting to see - even with the "pent-up demand" how many people actually do come back - either immediately, especially given that masks will likely be required, vaccines mandatory for all eligible, etc.; or waiting a bit until masks are not required and things are more "normal" (honestly I don't see the vaccine requirement going away, so anti-vaxxers are likely going to be out of luck) - and how many people, FCC or not, are just too scared to get on a cruise ship knowing what can happen now.

I think a lot of people will book the cruises. Who knows how many people will actually take the cruise when final payment comes? This happens a lot on the unique cruises in a "normal" year and the price is driven up on Platinum/Gold days.

I agree with you. It will be very interesting to see. It's strange to be registering for a cruise in 2022 without being better guidance on what will be required when we eventually restart cruising. I absolutely think vaccines will be required, too, but maybe DCL doesn't want to state that and turn people off. You'd think they'd throw some kind of disclosure in there though ... maybe they will come Monday.

I agree with you. It will be very interesting to see. It's strange to be registering for a cruise in 2022 without being better guidance on what will be required when we eventually restart cruising. I absolutely think vaccines will be required, too, but maybe DCL doesn't want to state that and turn people off. You'd think they'd throw some kind of disclosure in there though ... maybe they will come Monday.
By the time Summer 2022 rolls around, covid19 could be gone, something new in its place, or we're back in line getting booster shots. Who knows. I'm just glad I can book a replacement (for the 3rd time) cruise.

I'm also bracing for a price hike, and the prices for Mediterranean itineraries were shockingly high to begin with. From looking at other cruise lines and comparing their Summer 2022 vs Summer 2020 prices, I'm guesstimating prices are currently 15-20% higher for Summer 2022. It's hard to tell though, as other lines such as Celebrity and Princess are throwing in specialty drinks/tips in their pricing for next year.

I'm also bracing for a price hike, and the prices for Mediterranean itineraries were shockingly high to begin with. From looking at other cruise lines and comparing their Summer 2022 vs Summer 2020 , I'm guesstimating prices are 15-20% higher for Summer 2022. It's hard to tell though, as other lines such as Celebrity and Princess are throwing in specialty drinks/tips in their pricing for next year.

Yeah. I don’t know about Princess, but Celebrity already had their new “always included” thing starting before COVID, so it’s not a “get them back onboard” thing with Celebrity.

Yes. The mods will set up a thread for pricing quotes where Platinum/Gold DISers will report their quotes/bookings. The mods will also set up a thread for pricing requests for people to make of Platinum DISers who can check them the first day.
Thank you!!

I think its too early for them to state that vaccines are required. We don‘t know how effective they are yet. As we’ve learned a lot can happen in a year.

I think its too early for them to state that vaccines are required. We don‘t know how effective they are yet. As we’ve learned a lot can happen in a year.
LOL, definitely a lot can happen in a year! But I suspect it's going to become the norm. I believe RC and Celebrity both announced today that they will be resuming caribbean cruises with proof of vaccination for adults and proof of negative COVID test for under 18s. https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-celebrity-north-america-cruise-restart/

LOL, definitely a lot can happen in a year! But I suspect it's going to become the norm. I believe RC and Celebrity both announced today that they will be resuming caribbean cruises with proof of vaccination for adults and proof of negative COVID test for under 18s. https://thepointsguy.com/news/royal-caribbean-celebrity-north-america-cruise-restart/
They are desperate to resume cruising. I'm just wondering how many people will want to fly to St. Martin to take a cruise with a lot of restrictions.

They are desperate to resume cruising. I'm just wondering how many people will want to fly to St. Martin to take a cruise with a lot of restrictions.

If we didn't have a kid that is still dependent upon us, I would do it in a minute. However, since we do, and I probably won't be able to get vaccinated by this summer, then I say no. However, I would probably consider the Celebrity options first.

My family and I are taking guesses on how much we think an o/v Alaska cruise will be in August.
No prize for the winner, just bragging rights! And likely no Disney Alaska cruise as it will be too expensive lol! Think we'll be jumping ship to RC.

Is it possible to move a cruise that was booked using the FCC online or does it need to be done over the phone. Sorry if this has been asked before.
thanks Michael

It was in this release but not easy to find.
EASTBOUND TRANSATLANTIC
2022 Disney Magic 13-Night Eastbound Transatlantic Cruise from Miami ending in Barcelona 5/8
• Ponta Delgada (Azores), Portugal• Lisbon, Portugal• Cadiz, Spain• Málaga, Spain• Cartagena, Spain• 7 days at sea
Thank you! :-) I'm hoping for the Westbound that is usually in September not the Eastbound. I did the Eastbound in 2019 and it was wonderful though.

I'd fly to Sint Maarten in a heartbeat (we have to fly to get to anywhere DCL currently sails anyway) but the question is still what would the restrictions be... :scratchin
I’m going to assume it cost a lot more to fly to st Martin then Florida. That could be deal breaker for some families.

I haven’t read through everyone’s thoughts yet but honestly I’m pretty disappointed in the Dream’s sailings from Miami. With the Wish likely doing the PC to Nassau run I was hoping they’d get more creative with the Dream but instead they are just going to run two ships back and forth to Nassau it seems.
The lack of great itineraries is really what led us to trying Royal in 2019. I just wish we had more than one ship doing the Caribbean ports

I haven’t read through everyone’s thoughts yet but honestly I’m pretty disappointed in the Dream’s sailings from Miami. With the Wish likely doing the PC to Nassau run I was hoping they’d get more creative with the Dream but instead they are just going to run two ships back and forth to Nassau it seems.
The lack of great itineraries is really what led us to trying Royal in 2019. I just wish we had more than one ship doing the Caribbean ports

Unless I read it wrong, the Dream is doing some Western Caribbean routes as well...

Unless I read it wrong, the Dream is doing some Western Caribbean routes as well...
Disney talked/hinted at the 5/5/4 intinerary's ages ago for when the first ship moved down to Miami. Those 5n itineray's are no different than what the Magic or Wonder have done in the past. We did the Coz run in 2015, we would happily do it again depending of course on pricing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter