2022 Candlelight Processional dining package

I have the 12th booked, sorry the dates don't match. I am traveling from the.West.Coast, so have had dates locked in almost a year! During my stay it is IR, Josh Gad, the Shark Tank guy or Gloria Estefan. JG and IR were the only ones I had any interest in. Would have loved to see Mariska Hargitay or Simu though!

If you already booked the package you dont pick the showtime after. It was already given based on your meal time
I realize that. I booked 2 reservations, waiting to hear about a family member's availability/work schedule. I am going to drop one of my reservations as soon as I get that information. Assuming my family member is available for either time, I'm undecided about which showtime to choose - the 7 or the 8:30. It probably makes no difference, and will be best determined by individual plans. But having never attended CP before, I was curious if any experts felt strongly about one time or the other, or knew of any advantages. For example, I had always heard completely unverified rumors that the early show choirs were high school kids and the later show choirs were more experienced. I do not know if that's true.

I realize that. I booked 2 reservations, waiting to hear about a family member's availability/work schedule. I am going to drop one of my reservations as soon as I get that information. Assuming my family member is available for either time, I'm undecided about which showtime to choose - the 7 or the 8:30. It probably makes no difference, and will be best determined by individual plans. But having never attended CP before, I was curious if any experts felt strongly about one time or the other, or knew of any advantages. For example, I had always heard completely unverified rumors that the early show choirs were high school kids and the later show choirs were more experienced. I do not know if that's true.
For me, I like the 7 because there is time after to get a snack and then find a good spot for the fireworks

For us, we like the 8:30 p.m. show because it is completely dark and makes the atmosphere... and we can enjoy a hot drink (and or treat) we've picked up on the way in as a dessert.

Based on an in-depth article, you are partially correct on the choir. The "tree and its base" are Disney cast members and the Voices of Liberty. The surrounding mass choir is made up of school, church and community choirs from across the country, who had to audition to be part of the CP. The article I read said choirs ususally perform in the first performance or the 2nd and 3rd performance. Which seemed to indicate they don't perform at all three events. That said, there is no indication that somehow the 8:30 performance is getting better choirs than the 5:30 performance.

We attended three Candlelight Processionals...one which was so cold and probably would have preferred earlier time as it got really cold sitting on metal benches with wind off of the water. We bought two blankets outside of American Pavillion and were still so cold...

We can't start booking till next week for CP. (Would love to get either Josh Gad or NPH and LeCellier.) So, the booking process has so many steps to get there and get ready. I know I should be online before 6:00 a.m. on my day (maybe start trying around 5:30). Does anyone else have thoughts / tips you've used to get hard-to-get dining packages?

Last year - they only used professional choir members/CMs - no HS choirs. Don’t know if it’ll be the same this year or not.

Was able to get Josh Gad on the 10th, which was a huge win. If anyone is interested who can't book yet, there is still many spots open at various restaurants for 3+. Most are at Coral Reef, but Rose and Crown appears to the the only one completely sold out as of right now.

Couldn't get Ohana, on the morning we leave, but not surprised. I've had luck grabbing a cancelation in the past, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Reservations opened exactly at 6 am. The night before, the website was letting me pick the days I wanted to search (which had been grayed out until then), but returned an error with every search until 6 am.

Was able to get Josh Gad on the 10th, which was a huge win. If anyone is interested who can't book yet, there is still many spots open at various restaurants for 3+. Most are at Coral Reef, but Rose and Crown appears to the the only one completely sold out as of right now.

Couldn't get Ohana, on the morning we leave, but not surprised. I've had luck grabbing a cancelation in the past, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

Reservations opened exactly at 6 am. The night before, the website was letting me pick the days I wanted to search (which had been grayed out until then), but returned an error with every search until 6 am.
Also was able to get Josh Gad on the 10th.

While openings are there for larger parties, reservations available for solo diners are scarcer than hen’s teeth! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter