2021 Point Reallocation

I support it- as long as the points are the same and there are no shenanigans. Let the analysis begin!
I've checked VGF, CCV, and PVB (resorts were points could be argued to move among unit types, but we all knew they couldn't) and it appears no extra points were moved from more costly units to less costly units like the original 2020 point charts. Also VGF is special with no dedicated studios and they didn't attempt to increase the lockoff premium there, which it's POS does explicitly allow. So less shenanigans at those properties for sure. I'm sure the rest of the resorts are similar.

If you look at my post a bit back I show the cost of the CCV units if you were to reserve the entire year for that unit for 2019, 2020, and 2021 and they are all near each other in cost.

All I looked at was BWV for March, because I am planning a big family trip for which I will need 2 two bedroom villas. The preferred view (BWV/P/G) were already out of our reach, and now each one is 12 points more expensive for the week than they were before. If I can snag two standard view two bedrooms, we will be fine for seven nights, but if I can’t then all I will be able to afford is six nights in each villa.

Ah well, from the analyses posted above it does appear that they made a good faith effort to adjust the seasons, as we have all been saying for years they needed to do. So, I can accept these changes without anger.

For my family it could be a blessing in disguise.
We like the end of February/early march time frame, which has increase.

Our first ever visit to WDW was end of April/early may which we liked. September looks good as well.
For us now that my son is older and involved in sports, hockey playoffs always run the risk of interrupting our vacation the last week of February. Rather than root against his playoff success, maybe we'll just move our vacation week.

It's hard to object to this in theory. We all know what October and November look like for demand, and the high points for summer definitely left units open.
Just wish the first 2 weeks of December were also in the mix doesn't make sense to keep them so low, but I guess we can ask only so much from DVCMC and this was great by standards set last year.

Well we like summer and Xmas. Any idea (sorry not been lazy but working and can’t look for lengthy periods ) roughly how much less a 1 bed is costing less in summer in 2021 compared to now at say SSR? What about week before and at Xmas, any changes?

:yay:
Well done to us Notorious 24!

How does early December compares with the previous years? It's still the second cheapest season, same points as last year?
Glad to have been apart of the 24. They didn't adjust the points required for those 2 weeks at all for CCV, PVB, or VGF (my guess would be all Resorts had not adjustments there). Though overall they seemed to be somewhat honest in the adjustments. But yeah we stopped DVC in their tracks it seems (one of us 24 must have been right in our arguments or combined arguments).

Last edited:
About early September: this year I got BLT standard at 7 months and BWV standard and AKV value with a wait list shortly after; all studios. So it is justified a reduction in points.
Of course there is a reason: I got lucky with Dorian as it didn't cause too much trouble at WDW, just minor inconveniences. With the rate hurricanes are hitting Orlando (3 times in 4 or 5 years, I think) early September is going to stay unpopular even with cheaper charts.

Last edited:
I note also released before the members meeting- you’d think they were reading these boards? Maybe DVC/ DVD management have decided it’s time to win back hearts and minds? I’d appreciate a ‘we’ve got it wrong the last few years, we have changed’- I and I suspect most members would really appreciate that and build bridges and maybe the constant criticism could start to subside as trust returns.

They didn't adjust the points required for those 2 weeks at all for CCV, PVB, or VGF (my guess would be all Resorts had not adjustments there). Though overall they seemed to be somewhat honest in the adjustments. But yeah we stopped DVC in their tracks it seems (one of us 24 must have been right in our arguments or combined arguments).

I see a shift in PVB and VGF for Dec although at first glance it's more a combining of the adventure and choice and close to averaging them. But the Dec adventure season requires more points and Choice a few less.

I note also released before the members meeting- you’d think they were reading these boards? Maybe DVC/ DVD management have decided it’s time to win back hearts and minds? I’d appreciate a ‘we’ve got it wrong the last few years, we have changed’- I and I suspect most members would really appreciate that and build bridges and maybe the constant criticism could start to subside as trust returns.
They do read the boards. I was specifically told which boards they read and monitor by DVC as a way to get member feedback (along with some fan websites). I believe that is nothing nefarious and an excellent way for DVC and Disney in general to understand what is going on in the public. As a lot of times direct feedback is skewed and hard to gauge the popularity of an opinion.

Just wish the first 2 weeks of December were also in the mix doesn't make sense to keep them so low, but I guess we can ask only so much from DVCMC and this was great by standards set last year.

As I mentioned I see some changes and it also doesn't take much to bump up against the ceiling for shifting points. That's why I suspect there will be more done next year. At least that's what I'm thinking just from glancing at it all.

:yay:
Well done to us Notorious 24!

How does early December compares with the previous years? It's still the second cheapest season, same points as last year?

I was there last week, 6 nights boardwalk view studio. Same - 91 points.

They do read the boards. I was specifically told which boards they read and monitor by DVC as a way to get member feedback (along with some fan websites). I believe that is nothing nefarious and an excellent way for DVC and Disney in general to understand what is going on in the public. As a lot of times direct feedback is skewed and hard to gauge the popularity of an opinion.
Yes I agree, they would be very stupid to not read these boards. They are permanent focus groups... for free.

I felt the same way. I always go during that time, and in 2021 my stay at BRV will be the same number of points. I expected it to go up.
Seems like my Sept VGF stay went down 5 points (standard view studio)

Releasing the Points Charts prior to the Annual Meeting must mean they are very confident with this change and will not be modifying like last year. All in all I can support this change, even though our preferred travel times will cost a few extra points.

Awesome sauce. We always go first week of June to OKW for a week. Studio down 14, 1 bedroom down 11, 2 bedroom down 16.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!