2020 Watch??

I'm no expert at all on this stuff, but if I understand you correctly your 2nd post above corrected the fact that cruises leaving and returning to a U.S. port CAN use a Mexican port stop to circumvent the maritime laws about this. I know for certain the 2012 14 night Hawaii DCL cruises departed from and returned to Long Beach, CA port with stops ONLY in Hawaii and a 1 port day stop in Ensenada, Mexico. :cutie:
14 night round trip is always okay so long as there is a stop outside the US (cruises to nowhere are not permitted), it’s the one way portion of this that is not permitted. You cannot sail from California to Hawaii with or without a stop in Mexico and exit the ship in Hawaii. Round trips departing from and returning to US ports are permitted.

I haven’t tracked cruises from the release date before, so I am wondering when the themes (Star Wars/Marvel) would generally be announced for these sailings.

My daughter is convinced the cruise won’t be fun without a theme. Kids!!

I haven’t tracked cruises from the release date before, so I am wondering when the themes (Star Wars/Marvel) would generally be announced for these sailings.

My guess - IF they keep doing them (given the survey they had, they may be planing to start mixing it up a little) - you're probably safe with the Magic or Fantasy during Jan, Feb, and March...maybe the early part of April. That's been the trend the past 2 years.

We booked opening day for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean on The Fantasy before the SWDAS announcement.

We are Silver & our opening day booking was Nov. 1st, 2017 for the Jan. 12th 2019 EC on The Fantasy. SWDAS was announced 1/24/18.

We booked opening day for our upcoming Eastern Caribbean on The Fantasy before the SWDAS announcement.

We are Silver & our opening day booking was Nov. 1st, 2017 for the Jan. 12th 2019 EC on The Fantasy. SWDAS was announced 1/24/18.
Thanks! Very helpful! Hoping for a SWDAS cruise but are pretty much tied to our sail date based on school calendars... so we shall see!

Thanks! Very helpful! Hoping for a SWDAS cruise but are pretty much tied to our sail date based on school calendars... so we shall see!

I'm really torn on the themed cruise issue too. My kids are very into Marvel now, but the Magic is a lot more expensive for families of 5 than the newer ships, so I would really only want to book on the Magic if I can be sure it is a Marvel cruise. I wish they announced them earlier...

I'm no expert at all on this stuff, but if I understand you correctly your 2nd post above corrected the fact that cruises leaving and returning to a U.S. port CAN use a Mexican port stop to circumvent the maritime laws about this. I know for certain the 2012 14 night Hawaii DCL cruises departed from and returned to Long Beach, CA port with stops ONLY in Hawaii and a 1 port day stop in Ensenada, Mexico. :cutie:
I agree, Princess Cruise line leaves out of SF RT to Hawaii all the time. Of course, they stop at Ensenada. I wish Disney would do this again.

If we’re all on early 2020 watch why can’t we post in the request thread? Bookings start in the morning.

I was on hold for 20 minutes and then got the request to rate my call experience and got disconnected. Arghh, now I'm calling back.

Called at 8 connected immediately.

All 7As gone already, I had OBB, I should have booked online and then called to add my OBB.

I picked a room with a white wall, darn it I didn't realize it till after. I will have to switch rooms eventually.
I believe I wii get todays price when I do that.

I was on hold for 20 minutes and then got the request to rate my call experience and got disconnected. Arghh, now I'm calling back.

Ugh! SO sorry! I was dialing in just seconds before 8a going through the prompts (LISTENING to all the prompts! Don't know any shortcuts), and the clock turned 8am while they were talking. I pressed "O" and immediately was disconnected and had to call back. BLEH. Was on hold about 12 minutes 2nd try before getting an agent.

I was online at 8AM and 7A's weren't listed so I wondered if they blocked them out. I have an OBB too and put one on hold online and still waiting on the phone since 8AM.

I picked a room with a white wall, darn it I didn't realize it till after. I will have to switch rooms eventually.

Which cruise, Lorimay?? I could not get my first choice of stateroom in the Cat 5C for the May 8th Hawaii sail. Try back or can you go into your rez and hit "change room"??? I just know the website was NOT giving me the choices I wanted. Plus, like you I had to call to use my placeholder. Good luck!

Called at 8 connected immediately.

All 7As gone already, I had OBB, I should have booked online and then called to add my OBB.

Don't wait too long -- the rooms you want may be gone ;)

Yikes -- I just went online for platinum booking and the Panama Canal pricing for March 2020 is already insane for 2 adults:

Mar 6, 2020
Returns: Mar 20, 2020
Ship: Disney Wonder
  • Inside: 4,553

• Oceanview: 5,309

• Verandah: 7,129

• Concierge:16,621

Which cruise, Lorimay?? I could not get my first choice of stateroom in the Cat 5C for the May 8th Hawaii sail. Try back or can you go into your rez and hit "change room"??? I just know the website was NOT giving me the choices I wanted. Plus, like you I had to call to use my placeholder. Good luck!

May 8th. Hawaii-Vancouver, hopefully a few days at Aulani again.
I got connected right away, I was shocked all 7A's were gone.
Which cruise did you book?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter