2020 Watch??

As someone who lives in Vancouver, the Hawaii cruises are perfect for us. Too bad my dh doesn't want to cruise to Hawaii (why cruise when we can just fly there??? he says :sad2:) Plus I'm not sure of pulling my kids out of school since we will have already pulled them out once that school year (Oct 2019 for the DVC member cruise).
I'm considering the WBPC eventhough I'd be pulling them out (the second week of that cruise coincides with their first week of spring break), since I could see it being 'educational'.....hmmmm....the 8 night Fantasy cruise during spring break appeals as well, but that will be pricey I'm sure considering it's, well, spring break. Don't think I'll be booking anything next week but a 3 day hold costs nothing.....:rolleyes1:ssst:

Almost exactly the same thoughts for us (also from Vancouver - well, Richmond). WBPC is top of my list right now. Haven't considered the Fantasy but only b/c we did that ship already. So tempting to consider Hawaii.

Re: Hawaii cruise pricing, I would expect pricing to be at least 50% more than those 2015 prices. Sigh.

Almost exactly the same thoughts for us (also from Vancouver - well, Richmond). WBPC is top of my list right now. Haven't considered the Fantasy but only b/c we did that ship already. So tempting to consider Hawaii.

Re: Hawaii cruise pricing, I would expect pricing to be at least 50% more than those 2015 prices. Sigh.

Hello from Surrey! My husband works in Richmond (by the airport) :) I'm most tempted by the WBPC; I just asked my girls if they would like more than 7 nights onboard and it was a resounding YES but when I suggested we cruise without my husband they changed their minds :sad2: Dang it.

Hello from Surrey! My husband works in Richmond (by the airport) :) I'm most tempted by the WBPC; I just asked my girls if they would like more than 7 nights onboard and it was a resounding YES but when I suggested we cruise without my husband they changed their minds :sad2: Dang it.

I'm so jealous of all you Vancouver folks! We were back there again this summer after Alaska cruise #2 (this time on Princess). No independent traveling this time, but we did rent cars and zipline in Whistler again. So beautiful there!

DH and I are traveling on our own now (both kids in college). We weren't sure what it would be like to cruise DCL by ourselves, so we tried a 3 nighter over Labor Day weekend and had a great time. I would love to do the WBPC, but one of the weeks falls over my DD's college spring break (I want to be home to see her when I can). Plus, no Castaway Cay kinda ruins it for me.

Richmond is so small that we are hardly ever far from the airport :D

We are doing EBTA in 2019 so I really should not be looking at 2020, but.... so tempting. Honestly I think we will end up booking whatever is cheapest between Hawaii and PC, but PC coinciding with Spring Break is slightly more helpful.... how sweet that your girls want the whole family to cruise together!

I'm so jealous of all you Vancouver folks! We were back there again this summer after Alaska cruise #2 (this time on Princess). No independent traveling this time, but we did rent cars and zipline in Whistler again. So beautiful there!

On days like today (clear sky, crisp fall air) I can't help but boast that Vancouver is the best city on earth. When the rain is torrential and the bottom of my pants are all wet from walking a block... I'm less effusive :D

No, they can do it as a 14-15 day round trip from LA or San Diego, they just have to stop in Ensanada on the return leg. What they can't do is sail between two different US ports (i.e. embark at LA, disembark at Oahu) without visiting a distant foreign port, or do a round trip without stopping in Mexico.
No, that still violates the Passenger Vessel Services Act, since Mexico is part of North America and thus does not qualify as the required “distant foreign port”. That’s why the Panama Canal cruises stop in Cartegena, Columbia. Otherwise the repo cruises between San Diego and Florida, Texas, or soon Louisiana would be in violation of the law. That also will prevent a San Diego to Vancouver back-to-back with the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, even though the dates line up, since that would be a cruise from California to Hawaii with no distant foreign port on the itinerary.

No, that still violates the Passenger Vessel Services Act, since Mexico is part of North America and thus does not qualify as the required “distant foreign port”. That’s why the Panama Canal cruises stop in Cartegena, Columbia. Otherwise the repo cruises between San Diego and Florida, Texas, or soon Louisiana would be in violation of the law. That also will prevent a San Diego to Vancouver back-to-back with the Vancouver to Hawaii sailing, even though the dates line up, since that would be a cruise from California to Hawaii with no distant foreign port on the itinerary.

Incorrect. Round-trip from the same US port only requires a foreign stop, not a distant foreign stop as required between two different US ports. If you don't believe me, look around at other cruise lines - there are several that do this itinerary either from CA via Ensenada or Seattle via Victoria, BC. I've sailed it on Celebrity about 10 years ago (round trip out of San Diego, with a 2 AM refueling stop in Ensenada), and the laws have not changed since then. I'm fuzzier on the details of how the PVSA and Jones Act apply to B2B cruises, but I believe you are correct that the San Diego -> Vancouver -> Hawaii B2B would be illegal.

Richmond is so small that we are hardly ever far from the airport :D

We are doing EBTA in 2019 so I really should not be looking at 2020, but.... so tempting. Honestly I think we will end up booking whatever is cheapest between Hawaii and PC, but PC coinciding with Spring Break is slightly more helpful.... how sweet that your girls want the whole family to cruise together!

To be fair I also asked them a while later if they would ever consider a vacation with just them and their dad and I stay home and that was met with a resounding NO as well, so it's nice to be loved :love: We, too, have cruises booked in 2019 so I really should not be looking at 2020 (or at least wait for the summer 2020 to be released) but the fact of the WBPC coinciding (partially) with our spring break makes it more tempting....

Incorrect. Round-trip from the same US port only requires a foreign stop, not a distant foreign stop as required between two different US ports. If you don't believe me, look around at other cruise lines - there are several that do this itinerary either from CA via Ensenada or Seattle via Victoria, BC. I've sailed it on Celebrity about 10 years ago (round trip out of San Diego, with a 2 AM refueling stop in Ensenada), and the laws have not changed since then. I'm fuzzier on the details of how the PVSA and Jones Act apply to B2B cruises, but I believe you are correct that the San Diego -> Vancouver -> Hawaii B2B would be illegal.

B2B is treated like one cruise for PVSA purposes.
You're right about the closed loop!

I would love to do Hawaii with Disney, but know it will be out of our price range now and plus we don't want to spend that many days at see to just go to four ports.

I told my TA to pull our waitlist requests -- nothing appeals to us this go around. I'll wait until the Summer releases and see.

When will we see pricing? I'm guessing (hoping!) a Platinum member will share details here on the DIS when their bookings open, but is a Silver member able to see prices on the official website before the day Silver booking opens? (My apologies if pricing is already available; I didn't see it anywhere.)

Silver will not be able to see prices before their booking day opens. But, you can follow the opening day price thread.

I'm a Platinum Castaway Club Member but also a DVC Member. Not sure if I would rather pay cash or use DVC points for this Hawaii Cruise. I know the consensus of most that using DVC points for cruises is not cost effective but my four daughters are unavailable to go with my husband and me due to High School Schedules and 3 of them being in college now so we have points to burn. Does anyone know how many DVC points the Hawaii cruises cost in 2015? I know the points needed will have increased just like the cash cost, but just curious if anyone knows. Thanks!

My DD will be in high school in 2020 so we'll only be able to cruise when she's on break. I'm so sad that Hawaii won't work for us. It's interesting that during her spring break week the Fantasy will be an 8 day cruise. We like the idea of an extra day but I hope the prices are too much higher as a result!

I'm in Surrey too! I'd loe to do Hawaii but don't want to pull the kids from school. We're looking at Spring break 2020.

Wife and I have been reviewing the new 2020 schedule looking for ... hoping for ... something really compelling. We love the idea of Disney sailing out of New Orleans, but it's on the Wonder and while we do love the ship, we would like to sail a different ship next time. We have also considered Hawaii and sailing to/from Vancouver seems like a nice option, but that is also the Wonder (yes, we know why). We just did the WBPC this past April and LOVED it, but we don't really want to do it again (at least not so soon) and this time it doesn't stop at Castaway Cay (because it leaves from New Orleans) nor Costa Rica (which we really enjoyed).

Both the Dream and Fantasy are doing their thing same as always. That leaves us to consider the Magic out of Miami. Thinking of an itinerary that includes Castaway Cay and Key West. Wish there was something more compelling but we may need to wait for the new ships to get that.

Considering Carnival at this point. The Havana Club looks amazing!!

I'm no expert at all on this stuff, but if I understand you correctly your 2nd post above corrected the fact that cruises leaving and returning to a U.S. port CAN use a Mexican port stop to circumvent the maritime laws about this. I know for certain the 2012 14 night Hawaii DCL cruises departed from and returned to Long Beach, CA port with stops ONLY in Hawaii and a 1 port day stop in Ensenada, Mexico. :cutie:

I'm definitely interested in the Hawaii itineraries. I'd prefer the 10 night though. I'm thinking $4k budget for cabin at whatever category 2 adults). I'm still only silver though :(

Exact same scenario for the wife and I, but I doubt we’re getting on the ship for less than 5K.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter