2020 Watch??

Just disembarked on Monday. Future cruise desk said October, which falls in line with previous releases. He believes the release will occur earlier rather than later in the month. Take it with a grain of salt though.

You know, that would have been a good question to ask when I turned in my placeholder, but I really didn't want to take up too much time there.

Nothing ticks me off more than waiting for the desk to open up while the people sitting there are looking at ship maps, dates, etc. Just give them $250 and sign up for a placeholder. Call your TA or DCL when you get off the boat. If nobody is waiting, go for it, but there was a 15 person line when I signed up. #endofrant

You know, that would have been a good question to ask when I turned in my placeholder, but I really didn't want to take up too much time there.

Nothing ticks me off more than waiting for the desk to open up while the people sitting there are looking at ship maps, dates, etc. Just give them $250 and sign up for a placeholder. Call your TA or DCL when you get off the boat. If nobody is waiting, go for it, but there was a 15 person line when I signed up. #endofrant

We went while most people were eating dinner, so luckily there was no line for us. I'm not sure I've ever waited in a line that long there (thank goodness).

We went while most people were eating dinner, so luckily there was no line for us. I'm not sure I've ever waited in a line that long there (thank goodness).

You can sign up on the wait list from the app, so it's not that bad, but it moves both really quickly and really slowly. You can go from 15th to 10th to 5th really fast, head to the desk, and that's when the slow pokes get to sit down and chat it up about if they want cabin 9570 or 9070.

When we were there, the sign that said you could just fill out a piece of paper and leave rather than talk to the agent had been knocked over. So we didn't realize we didn't have to wait and go through the whole process if we didn't have a specific cruise in mind. Which was a bummer because it took over an hour in line.

When we were there, the sign that said you could just fill out a piece of paper and leave rather than talk to the agent had been knocked over. So we didn't realize we didn't have to wait and go through the whole process if we didn't have a specific cruise in mind. Which was a bummer because it took over an hour in line.
I was a bit disappointed when we did leave a form to book a placeholder on day 2 of our cruise on the Magic. They put the place holder in the system on that day, and so the sail-by-date was two years from that date. I guess if we had waited until the last day to do this, we would have had a few extra days to work with.

We had the experience of dropping our card off with the CM at the desk and then it was lost. It took many hours on the phone with our TA and DCL over a couple of weeks to finally track down the form (and I'm convinced it was only found because I had made a note of the name of the CM who I gave the form to). After that bad experience, I wait in line and make sure I get a confirmation number before I leave.

We had the experience of dropping our card off with the CM at the desk and then it was lost. It took many hours on the phone with our TA and DCL over a couple of weeks to finally track down the form (and I'm convinced it was only found because I had made a note of the name of the CM who I gave the form to). After that bad experience, I wait in line and make sure I get a confirmation number before I leave.
I had a similar experience, and I now do the same - get that confirmation number.

Does anyone know what typically comes out in this batch of sailings? Is there a transatlantic or Panama Canal sailing?

Does anyone know what typically comes out in this batch of sailings? Is there a transatlantic or Panama Canal sailing?

No idea, but you can look at what they are doing in 2019. They haven't announced any new itineraries yet. The new ships coming online will change everything, but that will be later than the next release.

I really want to go to San Juan, but it looks like those are winter cruises. My husband doesn't want our son to miss a lot of school.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter