2020 Watch??

There's a sticky at the top you should check out that's 2020 watch. They'll post in there when the itineraries are released. Speculation is it might happen end of Feb beginning of March. Some are hoping they'll announce it this week when the promo ends.

There's a sticky at the top you should check out that's 2020 watch. They'll post in there when the itineraries are released. Speculation is it might happen end of Feb beginning of March. Some are hoping they'll announce it this week when the promo ends.

Yeah, I've been following the sticky and I've been through this rodeo multiple times waiting on release dates :) . I'm more just wishing out loud on a dreary, cold February day and dreaming of booking a cruise. February is the worst month of the year and booking a summer cruise would make it MUCH better.

Too funny, I was just going through the past release dates, I'm hoping for next week, but I think it should be within the next three. Booking a cruise will definitely help the winter blahs!

Called DCL last night and spoke with a CM...she said she'd been told the release would be at the beginning of March. Who knows if this is accurate but she said it several times and She said they'd all been told that.

That would be perfect for me. I'd put a deposit on an Alaskan cruise while on my PC cruise and then make up my mind later.

If you know you are going to do a Med. cruise at some point, get Rick Steves book/s on Cruise Med. Ports. Some libraries have them, too. He has videos on YouTube as well. Loads of info to help you through a lousy Feb. We have done the Med. cruise and loved it. Now we wait, like you, for 2020 announcements so that we can book one on our Baja cruise March 24. Cruise on...

Loved our Med cruise and agree to spend this dreary February planning what you want to do in each port. We did every day on our own, used Rick Steves book, and loved it. My son turned 8 on the day we went to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii which was our favorite stop.

My son turned 8 on the day we went to Mt. Vesuvius and Pompeii which was our favorite stop.

If you know you are going to do a Med. cruise at some point, get Rick Steves book/s on Cruise Med. Ports.

My husband and I were set to tour Pompeii in 2008 when we had a family tragedy and had to return home immediately. Our kids will be 9 and 11 when we visit to complete the circle. Thanks for the support everyone! The weatherman just threatened us with three more wintry mixes/snowstorms in the next week so I am definitely distracting myself with sunny images of the Med! I will def pick up the Rick Steves book. I used that on our N. Europe cruise this last summer and it was great.

Its funny, I am the exact opposite.

I really don't like planning vacations a year ahead of time.
In fact, some of our best vacations have been planned with very little notice!

I find it very frustrating to have to lock in a vacation so early.
Heck, I planned our wedding in 9 months!

I just find it so frustrating that DCL delays this so long. We would like to keep Disney in our list of lines we select from, but we are already booked out to 2021. I have always wondered why they are so behind other lines putting their schedules out?

It's a great question! I've wondered the same thing. Since I teach, i know exactly when all my vacations will be, so I'm happy to give you my money now and for years if you would let me.

Its funny, I am the exact opposite.

I really don't like planning vacations a year ahead of time.
In fact, some of our best vacations have been planned with very little notice!

I find it very frustrating to have to lock in a vacation so early.
Heck, I planned our wedding in 9 months!

So, maybe I'm a mix? We like doing a big two-week summer trip every year, which normally includes multiple cities/countries and some decent coordination. And we've been lucky that we've been able to travel with family and friends too. However, I also like the spontaneous trips, but those usually tend to be long-weekend type deals when we can find a great airfare. I find going to Europe, especially w/2 kids needs to be planned out farther in advance so I have time to watch flights and hotels. Regardless, what a great way to spend our time! I love thinking about travel!

always wondered why they are so behind other lines putting their schedules out?

Just a guess but I think it might be due to the clientele being primarily school aged kids. Schools don't put out their schedules more than a year or so in advance. For us there would be no way we could book a 2021 cruise at this point without knowing all the random days that they will get off. Some years they get Columbus day off, some not. We also get all the random teacher in-service days, student holidays, etc that are not consistent from year to year. If you only cruise summers then it really wouldn't matter but we usually avoid summers due to it being almost double the price.

Just a guess but I think it might be due to the clientele being primarily school aged kids. Schools don't put out their schedules more than a year or so in advance. For us there would be no way we could book a 2021 cruise at this point without knowing all the random days that they will get off. Some years they get Columbus day off, some not. We also get all the random teacher in-service days, student holidays, etc that are not consistent from year to year. If you only cruise summers then it really wouldn't matter but we usually avoid summers due to it being almost double the price.

Oh, that's funny. We get our schedules over a year in advance. We already know our 2019-2020 schedule and will probably know our 2020-2021 schedule in the fall. We rarely shift from one year to the next. That's a bummer about your schedule. But, great alternative perspective!

My wife and I did 3 or 4 DCL cruises alone. It seemed that the November and January February cruises didn't have as many kids which is great on just a husband and wife trip:) And now with our daughter in college and work soon it will be just the two of us going forward.

Oh, that's funny. We get our schedules over a year in advance. We already know our 2019-2020 schedule and will probably know our 2020-2021 schedule in the fall. We rarely shift from one year to the next. That's a bummer about your schedule. But, great alternative perspective!
Right now we only have the current public school calendar...usually they have the following year out by mid-March, but last year it was mid-April. Lol, and completely opposite that I now have the calendars for all 4 yrs for my college freshman! For the public school, I can guess vacation weeks and the school start date. End date is always in flux--that's partly dependent upon how many snow days they have. (We also sometimes have 2 days around Columbus day...and that has shifted around in the past...sometimes getting Fri/Mon, sometimes Mon/Tues...and then presidential election years it's just Columbus day AND getting the Nov. election day off due to the schools being our polling locations.

I'm actually hoping they release the itinerary schedules on 2/21 with booking starting 2/25. We're at Disney from 2/15-2/22 and I will not be paying enough attention to the world to actually book a cruise that week, lol. And I do need to see prices before I commit to anything! But in principle I agree...I just want to know where they're going when, lol, so I can book next summer!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter