2020-2021 race calendar for runDisney

So excited that Wine and Dine is not the same weekend at New York City Marathon. I mean that would be a brutal turnaround, but technically doable.

I’m excited wine and dine falls on the weekend we are already going to be in FL! We are leaving on a cruise on Monday and staying at Universal before hand but I’m thinking I might just drive over and do the half.
I have signed up for it twice. Once I found out I was pregnant about 6 weeks before. Last year I ended up getting very sick and took almost 2 months to diagnose what the issue was. I was so weak I had to stop training.
Hopefully 3rd time is it.

What are our thoughts on marathon weekend next year? Will some schools still be on break?

What are our thoughts on marathon weekend next year? Will some schools still be on break?

My first thought on seeing the schedule was that it will be a return to the earlier, more crowded version of Marathon Weekend.

My first thought on seeing the schedule was that it will be a return to the earlier, more crowded version of Marathon Weekend.

That was my worry as well. I wanted to take the whole family next year for MW, but if it is going to be crowded, I will just do the end of January or beginning of February instead.

That was my worry as well. I wanted to take the whole family next year for MW, but if it is going to be crowded, I will just do the end of January or beginning of February instead.

I think it’s probably late enough that if you extended to the week after MW it won’t be too bad. The week of MW could be questionable depending on school schedules.

Looking at where Christmas and New Years fall (Friday the 25th and Friday the 1st), I bet most schools will resume on Monday January 4th. Having the recess begin by Wednesday the 23rd of December.

I’m thinking that the scrapped hotel and Star Wars Land were just excuses as to why Disneyland was cut and that the real issue is the city of Anaheim
Well there's still the Avengers Campus construction in California Adventure. But yes, if races are not back in 2022, I think it will be a very long time before they return. For better or for worse, I hold out a tiny sliver of hope that since they continue to offer the Star Wars Virtual Half Marathon with a Kessel Run component, there are real plans to bring races back to Disneyland some day.

I'm a bit worried about the DVC tower construction at the DL hotel as well. Is that tower in the spot the other hotel was supposed to be? If so, I'm just not sure where they could stage corrals without using Anaheim city streets?

I kind of think Princess weekend in Paris will be watched closely by DL race planners. If people respond well to the shorter distances (5K and 8K), I can see DL bringing back races in shorter distances that they can keep on property, at least until things cool off with the city.

I’d love to see the Anaheim races start again but honestly I’ve given up hope. I think they are simply done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!