2019 New Year's Eve at Theme Parks

theresaruth

Mouseketeer
The past 5 years I have been celebrating New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom. Call me crazy but "What an Awesome experience." I am wondering how the other parks bring in the New Year. I plan (meals, fast pass attractions, visit the shops, lots of sitting and reading) spend all day til closing at Magic Kingdom in order to be in the Park when midnight strikes. I love the hype, the crowd the DJs, music and all the activity that lead up to the final stage show, fireworks and snow on Main Street. Can anyone share their New Year's Eve experience(s) at either Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I may want to change up this year...

The past 5 years I have been celebrating New Year's Eve at Magic Kingdom. Call me crazy but "What an Awesome experience." I am wondering how the other parks bring in the New Year. I plan (meals, fast pass attractions, visit the shops, lots of sitting and reading) spend all day til closing at Magic Kingdom in order to be in the Park when midnight strikes. I love the hype, the crowd the DJs, music and all the activity that lead up to the final stage show, fireworks and snow on Main Street. Can anyone share their New Year's Eve experience(s) at either Magic Kingdom, Epcot or Hollywood Studios. I may want to change up this year...

I would try Epcot on NYE. You can still see the MK NYE fireworks on the 30th. Despite the fact that Epcot can handle large crowds, it is insanely crowded, but a lot of fun. However, it might be too late to grab an ADR for that night. Getting out of the park after fireworks is crazy though, and I personally wouldn't want to go to Epcot on NYE unless staying at an Epcot resort.

I agree on Epcot as I do the same thing to catch Magic Kingdom fireworks on the 30th instead. Epcot has always been my favorite NYE fireworks, but I don't know how much different the show will be this year with Illuminations ending.

We've done Epcot twice with the family and it is well worth braving the crowds - amazing experience. I assume that the (very cool) midnight fireworks will be the same or very similar - they followed Illuminations, but didn't really tie directly into Illuminations.

Epcot on New years was a crazy, crowded, jam-packed...and we had a blast! It did take about an hour to walk from America to Mexico though...I had young kids with me so thankfully we used that opportunity to use the bathrooms at the baby center- otherwise the bathroom lines were crazy!

I will say that we didn't get home until after 3AM. We were staying at Windsor Hills so right off property but it took a good hour plus to get out of the parking lot. We saw people literally just sleeping in the cars (maybe they were passed out?!?!?!?!?). But I have thought it wasn't a bad idea to take a couple of hour nap while the parking lot cleared out.

Have fireworks times for December 30 and 31 been published anywhere?

I have not been paying attention but it is a reasonable possibility that we may be living there by then! Our house may be ready in mid December. I’ll know for sure in a few weeks.

Have fireworks times for December 30 and 31 been published anywhere?

I have not been paying attention but it is a reasonable possibility that we may be living there by then! Our house may be ready in mid December. I’ll know for sure in a few weeks.

Fantasy in the Sky (MK) is on the park calendar for 6:30pm and 11:50pm on 12/30 & 12/31.

SWaGS is on the park calendar for 12am on 12/31.

Epcot Forever is on the park calendar for 6:30pm and 11:40pm on 12/31 (plus presumably the NYE tag on the late show).

DAK is staying open late this year, with a special countdown at midnight on the Tree of Life and other various park entertainment (no fireworks though, of course).

Fantasy in the Sky (MK) is on the park calendar for 6:30pm and 11:50pm on 12/30 & 12/31.

SWaGS is on the park calendar for 12am on 12/31.

Epcot Forever is on the park calendar for 6:30pm and 11:40pm on 12/31 (plus presumably the NYE tag on the late show).

DAK is staying open late this year, with a special countdown at midnight on the Tree of Life and other various park entertainment (no fireworks though, of course).
Thank you! I’m traveling back north from visiting our house under construction and I’m trying to make plans while my husband drives. Could not access the site from my phone. This is so helpful!!

Go to MK on 12/30, then Epcot on NYE.

We've never done MK on 12/31, but have always done it on 12/30 and love it.

We used to do DHS but it grew a bit stale. After the Osbourne Lights shuttered, it stopped being worth it. There was less space for the crowds and less things to do. Now with SW:GE open it may be worth it, but I've always felt like there were less places to escape the crowds. MK gets crowded, but at least it's spread out.

Epcot will always be our favorite. The ground shakes when the fireworks go off. As my parents got a little older and weren't feeling the crowds, we started staying at Beach Club and would watch the fireworks from the boat launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter