2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone heard info about Candy Sushi this year? Will that be available to book this week as well?

Has anyone heard info about Candy Sushi this year? Will that be available to book this week as well?

They are offering it this year but booking info is “coming soon” so I don’t *think* it will be available this week. But you never know. Doesn’t hurt to try. Last year several events that weren’t supposed to be available actually were.

From the official site:
  • Candy Sushi
    Learn how to roll your own sweet sushi treats with a Disney Chef in this hands-on Festival offering at 3:30 and 5:30 daily at The Land pavilion. Booking information coming soon!
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/e...d-and-wine-festival/#/drawer=drawerFunForKids

i forgot how much the absolute chaos of signing up for these events almost makes me not want to go during F&W.
almost...

Actually last year the "chaos" was pretty limited (Not near as much fun as in the past watching hysteria break out on here). I think Disney may have shot the golden goose. They are still making money, but I don't think ANY of the PFTS sold out last year for example.

Actually last year the "chaos" was pretty limited (Not near as much fun as in the past watching hysteria break out on here). I think Disney may have shot the golden goose. They are still making money, but I don't think ANY of the PFTS sold out last year for example.

I think the “chaos” last year was around the lack of communication. Only certain events - demos, beverage seminars etc - were supposed to be available for early booking. The special meals (tequila lunch, Italian regional, wine v. Beer, French family etc.) hadn’t even been announced but were “secretly” available for booking if you asked. Word spread quickly (love these boards). Happy to see all announced and available this year.

Totally agree there is not a day one frenzy like we used to see years ago where events would sell out in minutes.

Yeah, last year was amazingly easy. I found an email I sent to my mom after booking last year noting how shocked I was that I was able to get through to book in 13 minutes! The years before that we were on hold for a solid hour before being able to get through!

Weird thing is, I totally miss the hysteria breaking out on here, something about that made it so much more exciting!

Yeah, last year was amazingly easy. I found an email I sent to my mom after booking last year noting how shocked I was that I was able to get through to book in 13 minutes! The years before that we were on hold for a solid hour before being able to get through!

Weird thing is, I totally miss the hysteria breaking out on here, something about that made it so much more exciting!
I am hoping for easy breezy tomorrow. It is our last full day of vacation in Mexico and I am hoping not to spend hours on the phone! Glad for a day early booking so I don’t have to stress about leaving for the airport.

I am hoping for easy breezy tomorrow. It is our last full day of vacation in Mexico and I am hoping not to spend hours on the phone! Glad for a day early booking so I don’t have to stress about leaving for the airport.

Fingers crossed you have a super easy booking tomorrow! We can't book til Wednesday, but I'm working under the assumption that most people aren't even aware that it's booking time yet. If I weren't following these boards I would have no idea, I would start looking for booking in June based on what happened last year. So hoping Wednesday is also a quick call...especially since I need to be at a meeting by 8:30 and it's a solid 45 minute drive from my house!

Enjoy your last day of vacation!

Fingers crossed you have a super easy booking tomorrow! We can't book til Wednesday, but I'm working under the assumption that most people aren't even aware that it's booking time yet. If I weren't following these boards I would have no idea, I would start looking for booking in June based on what happened last year. So hoping Wednesday is also a quick call...especially since I need to be at a meeting by 8:30 and it's a solid 45 minute drive from my house!

Thanks! Last year was early & a surprise. This year is even earlier! If not for these boards I would never have known. We really want French Family Meal traditions and out of our three weeks it is only available twice! Fingers crossed.

Any thoughts on French Family Meal or Italian Wine vs. Beer? I haven’t done either and am planning on choosing one for this year.

I loved the French Family Meal tradition last year. The food and wine was delicious and way too much to consume. It was also a really nice atmosphere as well as sharing a table with another group. We enjoyed it a lot, and after much debate if we can't get the Hibachi Experience, we have decided to use it as our back up.

That and Hibachi Experience as that only has 16 seats per event.

LOL, wish me luck. I got two dates in October that we can go and I need three seats. I plan on calling first thing tomorrow, and stalking the boards for the best number.

Also, this board is the absolute best! I hope everyone gets the Special Events they want tomorrow :)

I am both AP holder and DVC member. I believe I can book tomorrow (Tuesday) morning at 9 am Eastern. I haven't booked any special events for Food and Wine in a couple years. It looks like I can book online now and not have to call at all to book reserved PFTS- correct?

Last edited:
I like them too and a couple others on the list. I did the one with Richard Blais last year and enjoyed it. I’m torn on the format though. I think I prefer a cooking demo to the straight Q&A. And a photo doesn’t really interest me generally.
We didn't do any of the Sunday brunch events the last year or two. I just researched last year's thread to read a really comprehensive review of the new format for the Sunday brunch. I think my husband and I have decided not to spend that kind of money on a Q&A event and only one dish from the featured chef at the end of the buffet. We are also not interested in the photo so much if we have to wait so long at the end to get it. I did like the old format with being first in line for the book signing events after the brunch. A picture then was easy to get.

Last edited:
Booking appears to be open. My husband and I both called and both got in immediately. We are DVC, AP holders, and have a room reservation. They needed the confirmation number for the room to book, but other than us having to scramble to not double book anything since we were both talking at the same time it was easy this year and we were done in less than 15 minutes....got all 4 events we wanted.

Booking appears to be open. My husband and I both called and both got in immediately. We are DVC, AP holders, and have a room reservation. They needed the confirmation number for the room to book, but other than us having to scramble to not double book anything since we were both talking at the same time it was easy this year and we were done in less than 15 minutes....got all 4 events we wanted.

Just tried. CM would not let me book until 9 am.

Laura

PS: And just tried again and got shut down til 9 am.

Just tried. CM would not let me book until 9 am.

Laura

PS: And just tried again and got shut down til 9 am.
I couldn’t get through either. The cast member at the regular dining number wasn’t sure what I was talking about and transferred me but it was asking for a code number to complete the transfer. I’ll just wait until lunch time to book.

Just completed reservations. I called 407-939-3463
Was able to get 4 events.
I was somewhat concerned halfway thru the call when I saw posts about shutting down 'till 9, but the CM didn't say a thing. She took my CC and gave me reservation #'s.
This inconsistency seems to be a hallmark of F&W. It's crazy.

Just completed reservations. I called 407-939-3463
Was able to get 4 events.
I was somewhat concerned halfway thru the call when I saw posts about shutting down 'till 9, but the CM didn't say a thing. She took my CC and gave me reservation #'s.
This inconsistency seems to be a hallmark of F&W. It's crazy.

Yeah, just tried this # as well and got shut down again.

Laura

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!