2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s certainly possible to make a meal out of the F&W offerings. But Via Napoli is also really good. Is this your only day at the festival? If your goal is to experience as much of the festival as possible, allocating lunch to the festival kiosks is a good idea. Note that this generally means eating while standing, probably in the sun, maybe on top of a trash can. I’d keep the Via reservation for now in case of inclement weather or just wanting a guaranteed sit-down in air conditioning.
Since we have attended the last few years, we now do lunch at the booths and keep a sit down ADR for dinner, prefer to relax in air conditioning and not eat dinner "on the fly". Love lunch, tasting different foods, cannot wait for F&W!:banana::drinking1

Let the fun begin! :drinking1
YIPPEE! Our last full day of August trip is opening day. We will have youngest DS with us, will be his first rodeo! I'm sure it will be crowded, so our plan is lunch at booths, sit down ADR to relax in A/C..We usually do F&W in October and love the weather. First time in many years doing last week of August, so will have to "pace ourselves", lol!:cheer2::dance3:

We will be there with 3 kids under 6 - is there anything for them to do while we're stuffing our faces? Debating if we should keep our dinner ADR on one night or not.
Would keep your ADR dinner and relax. I would imagine that it is difficult to watch 3 kids under 6 at the Festival, so might be much more relaxing to do lunch at the Festival and do a sit down ADR for dinner. Enjoy!:thumbsup2

Saw a pic of the new Dole Whip Lime Margarita AT Poly. Looks AMAZING! :dance3:Wondering if this will be somewhere at Epcot at the Festival????:confused:

Saw a pic of the new Dole Whip Lime Margarita AT Poly. Looks AMAZING! :dance3:Wondering if this will be somewhere at Epcot at the Festival????:confused:

That sounds amazing! Do you know where at the Poly this is served? I need to work this into my plans!

A little bummed that 38 Special will be performing (October 16-17) during our trip once again.

Any idea where the festival center will be? I don't think the Odessy is large enough for all the seminars.

That sounds amazing! Do you know where at the Poly this is served? I need to work this into my plans!
Barefoot Pool Bar currently and is coming to Oasis Pool Bar! Looks SO GOOD! Here’s to hoping that they have them somewhere at F&W! Yummy, on a hot day!:cheer2:

Any idea where the festival center will be? I don't think the Odessy is large enough for all the seminars.
It will be interesting to see where the festival center will be located now that the old Wonders of Life Pavilion has been closed. There has not been an announcement yet. Disney has reduced the number of beverage seminars and culinary demonstrations over the last 3 to 4 years. The beverage seminars were reduced to two per day and the culinary demonstrations were reduced to one per day last year. I wonder if Disney will discontinue them altogether this year.

I see you mentioned Disney Food Blog so i.will go check it out!
I looked at their site, it only names about 3 of the artists. Looks like they were scouting websites of past artists to see who has listed EPCOT in their upcoming show list.

We will be there with 3 kids under 6 - is there anything for them to do while we're stuffing our faces? Debating if we should keep our dinner ADR on one night or not.

We're going with 3 under 5 and aren't planning an ADR for our Epcot day. We're planning to snack around the world (they love snacking!) and do all the ordinary world showcase things with them. Our oldest will also probably enjoy the Remy's Hide and Squeak - assuming they do it again this year.

Rumor

A permanent festival center (& beer garden amongst other things) is part of the revamp of Future World ... but not expected for completion any time soon. Not formally confirmed by Disney.

Still no word on a festival center for this year but I’d imagine those demos are pretty profitable and they wouldn’t want to forfeit them. Perhaps World Showplace (between UK & Canada)could be used. I can also remember many years ago seeing some demos set up outside - specifically a wine tasting in Italy... but I really hope they don’t go that route as people looked pretty miserable in the sun and I’m not sure what they did in rain. They could also maybe do a tent or something at the base of Future World - similar to what they used to put up for taping episodes of The Chew.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent...e-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/

Rumor

A permanent festival center (& beer garden amongst other things) is part of the revamp of Future World ... but not expected for completion any time soon. Not formally confirmed by Disney.

Still no word on a festival center for this year but I’d imagine those demos are pretty profitable and they wouldn’t want to forfeit them. Perhaps World Showplace (between UK & Canada)could be used.

https://wdwnt.com/2019/04/permanent...e-and-more-coming-to-epcot-for-project-gamma/

I read that info on the WDWNT website. I think the changes at Epcot are scheduled to be completed by 2022, the park's 40th anniversary.

They could definitely use World Showplace and maybe the old Odyssey location. That venue was recently remolded. I'm not sure when Innoventions West is scheduled for demolition. There would be several empty spots in that building which also might be able to be used.

In the early days of the festival, the demos were held in tents in different World Showcase locations. They also used the location where the character meet and greets are now held for the beverage seminars.

As someone who was REALLY looking forward to the Festival of The Holidays and who just heard that F&W will be taking place during my 11/19-11/26 stay, which cannot be moved to a later date, instead, I am DEEPLY despondent. My Wife and I do not drink, personal choice and no judgment whatsoever to those who do, and are trying to do our food on a budget. Thinking of just calling the whole thing off. Please talk me off the ledge and give me reasons to be excited. Will there at least still be holiday decorations up around the park?

As someone who was REALLY looking forward to the Festival of The Holidays and who just heard that F&W will be taking place during my 11/19-11/26 stay, which cannot be moved to a later date, instead, I am DEEPLY despondent. My Wife and I do not drink, personal choice and no judgment whatsoever to those who do, and are trying to do our food on a budget. Thinking of just calling the whole thing off. Please talk me off the ledge and give me reasons to be excited. Will there at least still be holiday decorations up around the park?
Your ability to do food on a budget and not drink has not changed, all the same restaurants are still available to you. You don't have to eat at the kiosks.

Was your whole weeklong trip only for Festival of the Holidays? If not, then why would you cancel now?

I recommend you go, enjoy, and look forward to next year when Thanksgiving is earlier and FOTH likely will be too!

There are so many more food options with F&W and you do not have to drink at all. I did both Festivals last year. Festival of the Holidays was nice, but I had better selections at F&W

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter