2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Apr 3, 2019.

1. James Osborne

James Osborne Earning My Ears

Basically, I it was a tough sell to get my Wife (would that be DW on this site?) to come in the fall. I used the promise of candlelight processional, our budget would allow one splurge on a CP dining package, and a chance at Runaway Railroad during its first year to get her to agree to do our once every 3-4 year trip now instead of waiting until next year. In the past few days I have lost both of those lures and it has caused me to get a little down about our plans.
    I guess my post is really about not understanding how to get the most out of this festival.

2. gwynne

gwynne Happily planning our next adventure

Enjoy the booths! Lots of nice CM's, some from the US, others are international. We often share a snack so we can taste more. Check out the eat to the beat concert listing when it is out. Free concerts, fun! :flower:

jerseygal and James Osborne like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

Agreed. The Food and Wine Festival is a smorgasbord of lovely food! We really enjoyed trying to get at least one item from each booth! We also share dishes so we can try more things.

jerseygal, sherlockmiles and gwynne like this.
  5. James Osborne

Thanks for the words of encouragement! I'm sure that we will have a blast once we get there. I can't wait to see the concert lineup, I hope they have a great act for the last night, the one I will be able to attend. I also have come to the realization that they will most likely have holiday decorations up that week. So I guess that we'll be o'kay.

GrantDB and jerseygal like this.
  6. pigletto

pigletto DIS Veteran

I think you will be pleasantly surprised. We’ve only been to F&W once but found it more budget friendly to eat around the World Showcase at all the booths and share items as we went than it would have been to go to a Table Service for my family. I don’t drink either, and the atmosphere was fun and interesting. We had a great time.

James Osborne likes this.
  7. James Osborne

Thanks for the information.

jerseygal likes this.
  8. VAtink

VAtink DIS Veteran

Does anyone know if there will be a TiW preview this year? It seemed the menus came out super late last year without one, and we like being able to plan our attack on the food booths more than a few weeks out!

9. crazy4wdw

crazy4wdw Co-Moderator, Restaurant Board Moderator

Have no idea, many people were surprised when a preview didn't happen last year. The global marketplace menus were released on July 13 last year. Information on some of the special events was not released until after bookings started.

10. chinarider

chinarider DIS Veteran

Anxiously awaiting Eat to The Beat Lineup.... hoping soon

11. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I remember that fiasco! I only have that first Saturday for a special French, Italian, or Japanese food pairing event so I hope I can get I to one. Really enjoyed the Parisian Breakfast last year!

gwynne likes this.
  12. RADOPT

RADOPT DIS Veteran

Thinking of doing this. It was worth your time and money? It is basicAlly breads and cheese, correct?

What time are the concerts and how long are they?

13. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

Yes....and a few savory items and maybe a charcuterie board. But never underestimate the importance of unlimited mimosas.....and you can hold the OJ if desired! :::hiccup:::

14. chinarider

chinarider DIS Veteran

Looks like info on Disney website is not available and they still are pending announcements on performers this year.
    Here is some info from another site- I'm thinking concerts are maybe half an hour or so- there should be dining packages as well ( as done previously) - believe those are 2 table services on dining plan but get you preferred seating... If paying out of pocket for dining packages,I believe the current prices will be released when lineup is announced ( but I'm sure you can research the cost from last year if interested)

These concerts are free with Epcot admission, and take place three times per evening (5:30pm, 6:45pm, 8:00pm) throughout the duration of the Festival. Dates for the 2019 Festival are August 29 – November 23.

The 2019 Eat to the Beat Concert Series will run from August 29 through November 19 — ending before the Food and Wine Festival ends.

patster734 likes this.
  15. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

This may not have any significance whatsoever but noticed today in my stalking of the site, that while listings for 2019 Culinary Tour of Japan and Hibachi experience were previously up (couldn’t click or book- just included in list of all dining), they are not listed today. Parisian breakfast, Italian lunch, French Family Meal, Mediterranean Pairing, and tequila lunch all still listed. Might have something to do with the new restaurant in Japan and perhaps they’re changing the offerings a bit? Hopefully they will still be offered in some form. I think the more offerings, the better.

16. chinarider

chinarider DIS Veteran

Looks like for whatever reason they are further down on the list ( after Enzo's Hideaway )-not sure why those two are now alphabetized under Epcot -I noticed this morning as well

2xcited2sleep likes this.
  17. 2xcited2sleep

crazy4wdw and sherlockmiles like this.
  18. 2xcited2sleep

Continuing my stalking... cheese seminars and the eat to the beat package have been added to the “all dining” list. Clicking just brings to you to the generic festival page but they do appear to be preparing... let’s hope this bodes well for an organized communication & registration process!

383375F6-BAA0-4AC2-859A-9B02600E8AA6.jpeg

sherlockmiles likes this.
  19. KimmyD

KimmyD Earning My Ears

It's so frustrating!!! Ugh, its hard to plan where to go and what to do and where to eat when the ding dang schedule isn't out!
    :headache:

20. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I actually think they are no longer that profitable. So they may be in danger. They rarely sell out now and cost staffing etc to run.

honestly "food on a budget" is not a compatible statement with ANYTHING at Disney!

Not to mention the food is often more edible than the stuff in the restaurants. (Yes I am looking at you LeCellier. It's SAD that the steak you serve for a few bucks at a festival booth puts that sad poorly cooked piece of meat you served me inside to shame!)

I came over here to see what was going on. And....I have absolutely no excitement. So far sticking to my plan to skip 2019. If I don't change my mind it will be the first time in probably 20 years I have skipped.

2xcited2sleep likes this.
  21. MaleDisneyBeliever

MaleDisneyBeliever DIS Veteran

Subscribing - Visiting in October.