2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
We started planning our September 6-13 trip a year early last year-never been to Disney during Fall and wanted to go during Food and Wine and MNSSHP. Even though Galaxy's Edge has dampened our spirits- I am so excited to be going! And I read this thread about the 2018 festival last year, so I know it will be so helpful!

We started planning our September 6-13 trip a year early last year-never been to Disney during Fall and wanted to go during Food and Wine and MNSSHP. Even though Galaxy's Edge has dampened our spirits- I am so excited to be going! And I read this thread about the 2018 festival last year, so I know it will be so helpful!
We are the sillies who purposely moved our trip up 2 weeks so we COULD be there for SWGE opening! I was so relieved to find out that we wouldn't miss F&W because it is one of our most favorite times to be at WDW.....add MNSSHP, and yippeeeeee!

We are the sillies who purposely moved our trip up 2 weeks so we COULD be there for SWGE opening! I was so relieved to find out that we wouldn't miss F&W because it is one of our most favorite times to be at WDW.....add MNSSHP, and yippeeeeee!
I solute your bravery in doing that and look forward to your reports!

Our first time! For those who have been before should we consider F&W our lunch?

I currently have a via Napoli reservation.

It’s certainly possible to make a meal out of the F&W offerings. But Via Napoli is also really good. Is this your only day at the festival? If your goal is to experience as much of the festival as possible, allocating lunch to the festival kiosks is a good idea. Note that this generally means eating while standing, probably in the sun, maybe on top of a trash can. I’d keep the Via reservation for now in case of inclement weather or just wanting a guaranteed sit-down in air conditioning.

This is our 5th year in a row doing F&W and first with our younger nieces. We were surprised to see SWGE and F&W opening the same day but how better to disperse the crowds. I think by the time you go, and us a week later it should be fine.

Our first time! For those who have been before should we consider F&W our lunch?

Yes, I would. My sister tried to try every booth by getting something and splitting it. We nearly made it but we got so full trying! It was a lot of fun, though.

This will be our first year doing it! We are so ready!!!

We were on the fence about getting the park hoppers... with F&W I think we need them now :) We will be there 11/16 - 11/29.

We already had an EPCOT day scheduled for the day F&W opens (not our first F&W, but it is my parents and sisters family). It'll be interesting to see what the crowd will be like on the opening day with SWGE also opening that day. I'd expect it to be relatively quiet earlier in the day but getting pretty crowded at night as people are finishing at SWGE and head over to F&W.

In the past (I know this year will be unpredictable), what has the crowd been like on the first day of F&W? Is it usually quiet with most people waiting until the opening weekend or is it crowded from open to close? Just trying to know what to expect so I can let the fam know.

TIA! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

We already had an EPCOT day scheduled for the day F&W opens (not our first F&W, but it is my parents and sisters family). It'll be interesting to see what the crowd will be like on the opening day with SWGE also opening that day. I'd expect it to be relatively quiet earlier in the day but getting pretty crowded at night as people are finishing at SWGE and head over to F&W.

In the past (I know this year will be unpredictable), what has the crowd been like on the first day of F&W? Is it usually quiet with most people waiting until the opening weekend or is it crowded from open to close? Just trying to know what to expect so I can let the fam know.

TIA! :goodvibes :thumbsup2

I’ve gone on opening day the last few years and I remember it being busy (definitely not “quiet”) but not prohibitively so. I remember the heat being the biggest issue. But I think it’s somewhat like having a baby in that you only remember the good stuff. :laughing: Planning to be back this year as well. I’m not sure there are quiet days anymore. And who knows how SWGE will impact things. Your best bet on any day is to aim to get there for when the kiosks open- crowds only build as the day goes on.

I’ve gone on opening day the last few years and I remember it being busy (definitely not “quiet”) but not prohibitively so. I remember the heat being the biggest issue. But I think it’s somewhat like having a baby in that you only remember the good stuff. :laughing: Planning to be back this year as well. I’m not sure there are quiet days anymore. And who knows how SWGE will impact things. Your best bet on any day is to aim to get there for when the kiosks open- crowds only build as the day goes on.

That is our plan. SSE, the West side of Future World and on to Canada (TT and MS don't really interest my DW).

Do they do anything special on the first day, like an opening ceremony of some sort that we should plan for?

That is our plan. SSE, the West side of Future World and on to Canada (TT and MS don't really interest my DW).

Do they do anything special on the first day, like an opening ceremony of some sort that we should plan for?

I’m not aware of any opening ceremony but that should totally be a thing!! I’m envisioning Mickey sabering a champagne bottle!

TBD for this year but in years past the festival center (used to be in Wonders of Life pavilion - location unclear for 2019) opened with the park and was an opportunity to experience some aspects before the 11am World Showcase open. Also, nothing guaranteed but the booths/kiosks in Future World and at the base of path from Future World have been known to open ~10-15 min early- varies.. depends on when they’re ready for the day.

Yes, I would. My sister tried to try every booth by getting something and splitting it. We nearly made it but we got so full trying! It was a lot of fun, though.

Definitely do F&W as your lunch. I will be there the end of September to celebrate my 50th birthday and have Via Napoli booked for a late dinner. I love their pizza, which won't be too heavy after a day of eating, drinking, and celebrating!:banana:

When dh and I went I ended up cancelling almost all of my ADRs for lunches and dinners. We just ate at the kiosks for the most part.

I'm bummed, I really wanted to go back this year but not with SWGE opening at the same time. :sad:

We will be there with 3 kids under 6 - is there anything for them to do while we're stuffing our faces? Debating if we should keep our dinner ADR on one night or not.

That depends-will hitting F&W booths be a big part of your trip? If so, then I'd consider it lunch. If you're trying to do the full EPCOT experience and include a few F&W booths, then I'd aim for a late lunch and snack at F&W before it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter