2018 Princess Half Marathon

I spent all day trying to talk myself out of registering... so I came home after work and registered myself and DD17 for the Challenge! Yay! I registered with a TA that I have used twice now. They were almost sold out too. I was so afraid that I would regret it if I waited.

This will be my 4th Princess weekend in a row and my third challenge. My DD will be doing her first challenge.

I spent all day trying to talk myself out of registering... so I came home after work and registered myself and DD17 for the Challenge! Yay! I registered with a TA that I have used twice now. They were almost sold out too. I was so afraid that I would regret it if I waited.

This will be my 4th Princess weekend in a row and my third challenge. My DD will be doing her first challenge.

That's awesome!

I guess your DD did catch the bug at the Dark Side! Awesome!!

I guess your DD did catch the bug at the Dark Side! Awesome!!

Haha! Yes. I'm not sure it's a good thing for my wallet though. She came home and started training right away so that makes me happy.

I briefly considered doing light and dark side with her next year, but I figured that Princess was safer. We will probably be dressing as villains instead of Princess, knowing my kid. :-)

You're missing nothing except the fact that Disney does these things and we fall for them. They don't tell you what the bundles are or what the jackets look like, and we order them. You pick them up at the expo. The jackets seem to tend to run small. They don't generally match the sizing of the included shirts OR of the shirts for sale through rundisney at the expo.

@Livelovedance I have pre-ordered the jackets in the past (and intend to do so again for Dopey this January). I love them! But then I also like surprises! They do tend to run small though. In race shirts I am definitely a small, but my jackets are Medium and they fit "snug". And by jacket what you are getting is more of Fall level coverage. I could never wear them to run in the winter.

Thank you for the amusing and helpful responses! They made my decisions during registration so much easier. I'm not a fan of surprises when it comes to clothing, so I decided against preordering jackets. I did really want a magnet, and I wasn't sure if they sold those at the expo so I decided to order that 10K package. I really wanted a 5K and 10K but I can't justify paying that much for both when I'm not a huge fan of pins lol. Regardless, I feel like I made a good decision! Thanks again!

I didn't get a 10k. :( But c'est la vie! Maybe 2019's or the 2018 wine & dine one (my parents will be going around that time - we can make it a family vacation).

What's the chance more 10k slots become available? I guess I could do a charity race, too.

I'm thinking about registering my kids for the dashes, but I'm wondering if there's bus transportation? We won't have a car and I'd prefer not to deal with taxi/uber. Thanks!

I'm thinking about registering my kids for the dashes, but I'm wondering if there's bus transportation? We won't have a car and I'd prefer not to deal with taxi/uber. Thanks!
You can take the expo bus. The dashes are on the track behind the buildings where they have the expo.

I didn't get a 10k. :( But c'est la vie! Maybe 2019's or the 2018 wine & dine one (my parents will be going around that time - we can make it a family vacation).

What's the chance more 10k slots become available? I guess I could do a charity race, too.

Check out the "rundisney run marketplace" page over on facebook. They allow TAs to post there, and many have stated today that they have bibs left. You DO have to get a package with hotel and tickets, though.

Last edited:

YOu can either go through a charity or through a TA (TAs require hotel/ticket packages though)

You can take the expo bus. The dashes are on the track behind the buildings where they have the expo.

Thank you. Clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I wrote my post! :rotfl2:

I'm running the 10K. I should have plenty of time to get back to the hotel and get to the dashes, right? DH will be staying with them while I run, but I think he'd kill me if he had to get all three of them onto a bus and to the races alone!

Signed up for the Challenge yesterday - so excited! I've only done Princess weekend once, and this will be my first time doing the challenge at Princess weekend. Can't wait to see the theming for the anniversary weekend.

Thank you. Clearly I wasn't thinking straight when I wrote my post! :rotfl2:

I'm running the 10K. I should have plenty of time to get back to the hotel and get to the dashes, right? DH will be staying with them while I run, but I think he'd kill me if he had to get all three of them onto a bus and to the races alone!
I ran the 10k this past year and two of my kids did the dashes. I was nervous about getting to their races on time so I didn't stop for pictures on course. When I was finished I hopped a bus back to CSR and had time to shower before we drove to WWoS with plenty of time to spare. Be sure to bring your medal with you to their races, we got some cute pics of DDs and me with our medals.

My husband, best friend and I are signed up for the 10k. We are also doing the 5k along with our two kids. My 9 year old was with us for the Dark side races two weeks ago. She saw how much fun we had and wants to try her first 5k, so princess races here we come. She is thinking about a villain or haunted mansion costume for the race (but this will change at least three times before February).

I was able to get five slots for the 5k, but had to use a TA to get the 10k bibs. We needed a room anyway, so it should all work out.

Did you go through Dreams to get the running package? If so, how did you ask them about the package?

I was not on the ball and was planning to get ready to sign up in June for this race, but seemed to have missed the early date :worried:

I am really hoping I have not missed getting my DD into her first ever race. It would be perfect if it was a Disney Princess one!

Thank you in advance

Do any vets have a favorite resort for race weekends...particularly the Princess weekends? We are thinking Value or Moderate (to save a few $ so there is more to spend on swag!). I called and booked a room at AoA (Little Mermaid) but the rep said there was construction/landscaping going on and now I'm reconsidering. Is one resort better for race transportation? We've stayed at the All Stars before and thought they were just fine. Have also stayed at Wilderness Lodge (LOOOOOVE!), but probably won't go deluxe this time.

Any insight is appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter