2018 Princess Half Marathon

Me too! I just think of it this way. I really doubt Disney would continue to work with them if they didn't come through. I think it will work out fine. I'm not sure if the "availability" means how many they have "reserved" or what, but it's changed from 13 when I booked earlier to 10 now. I'll definitely feel better when it's all said and done though, and I'm happy knowing if I HAVE to cancel - I won't lose everything.

It said 7 available on Saturday night (for the Half)!

I hope you got in.
For the future, if it stays the way it was this year, you could have booked the whole thing through a travel partner since about two weeks after this year's Princess. Bib and hotel/ticket package.

I do too! I did purchase the challenge and 5K from them, so hopefully the rest goes smoothly! I honestly didn't even know you could do that through a travel partner (or why more people don't if it works out). :) Well now it will be like Christmas waiting for my link from active...

I hope you guys do a trip report for that too! I can't wait to hear all about it.

DD wants to do a Disney race challenge now that she has finished a half. I'm leaning towards Princess, but I'm still undecided and I'm not sure I want to spend that much today with Tink coming up next weekend. I'm thinking I will take the chance and wait until after and register with a TA.

What DD would really like to do is the Kessel Challenge, but I'm really not sure I want to spend that much for the two of us.

She did come home from Dark Side and start right back up with her training, so that makes me happy!

We definitely will! It will be an epic adventure, assuming my knees hold up in the meantime :)
That is awesome about DD catching the RunDisney bug ... kind of, LOL. The double the cost part isn't the greatest :) But great to hear that she's still training.
Hope to see you at Tink next weekend!

Oh man, am I that out of touch? Haha
I think they went way maybe 1-2 years ago - my guess (and I'm not the only one that thinks this) is they don't want people to know how full these things are...if you don't see a status bar it could be 50% full or 95% full, so suddenly it seems like you need to pull the trigger ASAP on whether to register. Or they're lazy and don't want to update them, who knows.
I got it all wrong, I guess for this race since there's no "Dopey" equivalent there are way more 5k bibs available. Hasn't gone on hold once yet!
Bingo!!
WOWZA 10k and challenge sold out in an hour! I really thought it would be a few days based on how long it has taken other races to sell out lately. Nothing like a little double anniversary medal action to motivate some princesses!
I think this is confirmation that this weekend remains Disney's most popular! :confused3 Definitely wasn't expecting stuff to sell this quickly!! Enjoy that anniversary bling, everyone!

Last year I was naive and thought I could wait until September to sign up for the GSC ... lesson learned! I had no idea how popular the Princess race was! I ended up having to go through a Travel Agent to do GSC.

This year I was able to register for the FTC & 5k, so I'm stoked! Stressed out a bit at first since it was my first time having to deal with any type of "queue" for a runDisney event, but glad I was able to get on, and glad I didn't have to wait in the queue again to register for the 5k (since I registered for the FTC first).

Signed up for my first half! I did the 10k this year and loved it. I also talked my mom, brother, and SIL to sign up for the 5k with me. This has also inspired me to get out and go for a run today, I have been slacking lately!

oh boy, just signed up for my first challenge, I have done 2 Disney 10K's and just did my first half with the star wars dark side a few weeks ago. Can't believe i'm doing this, but it should be so much fun, as it will be me, my daughter my SIL, my best friend doing the challenge, BF hubby and my youngest daughter will be doing just the half, and BF 1 daughter will be doing her first 5K and the other will be doing her first 10K. I can't wait.

So when will packages open up past December 2017? I'm really wanting to stay at the Beach Club so my family can watch from right outside our room, but it looks like nothing is open yet on the WDW website??

I went with Acclaim also because of their cancellation policy. I booked through them on Saturday night, but am still waiting for the confirms and the Active link. Their site said it could take longer with pre-sales. Trusting it will all work out, but I'll be happier when I know I'm actually registered.
Me too! I just think of it this way. I really doubt Disney would continue to work with them if they didn't come through. I think it will work out fine. I'm not sure if the "availability" means how many they have "reserved" or what, but it's changed from 13 when I booked earlier to 10 now. I'll definitely feel better when it's all said and done though, and I'm happy knowing if I HAVE to cancel - I won't lose everything.
I have used them 3 times and they have always been great. It does take a little while to get their links but don't worry you'll get them!

Sounds like an AP is on your future.
Indeed. Between the two weeks for our anniversary trip in February and the week long trip for the Princess Half (my friend has never been before so I HAVE to stay and show her around, right?), the AP made sense. Then, we also decided to go down this December because my husband has always wanted to see La Nouba and chances are running out AND we will be taking my family to Disney next September or October for the Halloween Party. Looks like APs will be happening this December.

Just wondering - were you walking the half marathon (where you got swept) or were you jogging and walking? I'm asking because I'm a walker. I've done one half-marathon and finished 3:27. I believe it was a pace of 15:50, but that was in 2015 and now I'm older. I want to do the challenge in 2018, but not sure if I want to take the chance of being swept.

I walked more than ran am about 18-20 mm pace. I prob would have been fine but cold got me, I couldn't seem to get groove going and it was day 3 of races for me plus bad night of getting lost night prior running to walmart.

Just got registered for the Half Marathon!! Hopefully I can make it this time. Last year I signed up and found out literally the next day I would be deploying for 7 months. Second time is the charm right? Did the half and the runner's bundle for that race. Now to start seriously running again so I can get a race or two in so I can submit a time for a corral!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter