2018 Princess Half Marathon

UGH! Im so sad! I slept in today cus Ive been sick...totally forgetting that registration opened today and the challenge is gone >:(...im keeping my fingers crossed but I really wanted this to be my first challenge....guess i can always just sign up for the half & 5k buttttt...wahhhhh

Keep trying! I keep seeing it open and close again.:)

I got it all wrong, I guess for this race since there's no "Dopey" equivalent there are way more 5k bibs available. Hasn't gone on hold once yet!

Woo, registered for the half!! See you all there!

Last time we did our week at DW the week before (which was not my preference but required due to BF's schedule) and I'm really hoping we can work it around to do the race at the beginning of our trip. Legs would be so much fresher!!

I'm in for the half, my husband got the 10K and our little ones are doing the dashes! These are our first Disney races, and I'm so excited! The week leading up to race weekend is February vacation here in MA so we will be there all week. Hopefully with park time Sunday-Thursday, rest Friday and Saturday (for me), I won't be too worn out on Sunday morning!

I got into the 10K as did two of my friends. Our other friend seemed to think that registration for the 10K would stay open for awhile, even though I told her repeatedly that it would fill fast. I don't think she will make it in as it sounds like it filled up already.

I am excited though - first time for me!

So I'm all registered for the Princess Half. I have recently gotten back into running. Years ago, my best friend and I talked about doing the Princess Half, but then I got pregnant with my daughter and really stopped running completely. Well, now I'm ready to do this and we both got registered. I'm interested in how it is going to go, though, because my husband and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary at WDW not too long before the race. We are planning on spending 2 weeks in the parks, will come home, and about 2 weeks later, I will return for the Princess Half. Hopefully 2 weeks at Disney doesn't do too much damage. :crutches::faint:

The 10K even sold out on the TA site I was looking at, and they had 10 of those earlier as well. Popular race!

And to think I still have to renew my annual pass by the end of the week! Thanks for taking all my money at once Disney! but that being said, I couldnt be more excited!!!!

All registered for the half and so excited! Anybody have recommendations for booking hotels and theme park tickets for the weekend? We'll just be there 2-3 days and are considering booking a Magic Your Way Package through the RunDisney site.

Also...any thoughts on doing the parks before/after the half? Spending a couple days in the parks before the race works better for our schedules, but we're somewhat worried about the effect that walking around the parks/eating park food for 2 days would have on our ability to run the race.
Conventional wisdom is that- if possible it's better to do your vacation after the race. That didn't work for our schedule - we came in Thursday- did the expo and HS, and did MK park/kid race Fri, 10k then AK Sat then early to bed before the half. Because we do less walking in AK and kept the day shorter by design -worked out OK in terms of rest for everyone but the one member of our group doing the Challenge. Two and a half days of parks plus two races took its toll on her feet.

But for all of us it also meant being r e a l l y careful about what We were eating in the first three days of the vacation- we had Sat night dinner at Sanaa and it was kind of wasted because whereas I'm normally a really adventurous eater- I had to avoid the spice and really ate mostly rice and naan and a little chicken because I didn't want to stop for potty breaks during the half.
On the other hand I definitely appreciated having those days to adjust to the heat. And we still had Monday at HS to wear our medals and get photos with the Green Army men.

All registered for the half and so excited! Anybody have recommendations for booking hotels and theme park tickets for the weekend? We'll just be there 2-3 days and are considering booking a Magic Your Way Package through the RunDisney site.

Also...any thoughts on doing the parks before/after the half? Spending a couple days in the parks before the race works better for our schedules, but we're somewhat worried about the effect that walking around the parks/eating park food for 2 days would have on our ability to run the race.

I agree with PrincessV on this one - during my first RD race weekend, we hit the parks for a few days before and I ended up regretting it during the half (sore feet, flagging energy). We've subsequently changed our tactics, and now prior to the races we mostly chill in the pool, do a light turn around Disney Springs, hit a movie, etc. And then enjoy the parks after the half is over.

But lots of people do hit the parks before - it's really about how you think your legs will respond.

Also - I've heard about the travel partner packages - will those show up once the race is officially open? I see the information on the page, but no links/detailed information as to who they are. What are the benefits or downfalls of booking through them? I will have an AP (don't yet) at that time so I won't need park tickets, but I will definitely need a room. I know I can book a room on my own, but I just wondered if there was a benefit or a downfall to booking through them. Aka - does it cost more?

I hope you got in.
For the future, if it stays the way it was this year, you could have booked the whole thing through a travel partner since about two weeks after this year's Princess. Bib and hotel/ticket package.

After if possible.

<--- may or may not have added the half late yesterday. So now unofficially doing the Challenge (10K + half, no extra medal/shirt), instead of my "Princess-Light" plan. Oops. #thestruggleisreal :rotfl2:

Shocked!

Not shocked. :)

They stopped doing the status bars, sadly. :(

Yep.

UGH! Im so sad! I slept in today cus Ive been sick...totally forgetting that registration opened today and the challenge is gone >:(...im keeping my fingers crossed but I really wanted this to be my first challenge....guess i can always just sign up for the half & 5k buttttt...wahhhhh

I'm sorry.

We are planning on spending 2 weeks in the parks, will come home, and about 2 weeks later, I will return for the Princess Half. Hopefully 2 weeks at Disney doesn't do too much damage.

Sounds like an AP is on your future.

WOWZA 10k and challenge sold out in an hour! I really thought it would be a few days based on how long it has taken other races to sell out lately. Nothing like a little double anniversary medal action to motivate some princesses!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts