2018 Princess Half Marathon

Thank you! I think I'm going to go with Acclaim only because they still offer the ability to cancel/defer, and that's important to me. Hopefully it works out - it does make me nervous I don't get a definite "you are in" right away but I know that they are a Disney "partner", so I'm guessing it will go ok.

So exciting!

I went with Acclaim also because of their cancellation policy. I booked through them on Saturday night, but am still waiting for the confirms and the Active link. Their site said it could take longer with pre-sales. Trusting it will all work out, but I'll be happier when I know I'm actually registered.

All registered for the half and so excited! Anybody have recommendations for booking hotels and theme park tickets for the weekend? We'll just be there 2-3 days and are considering booking a Magic Your Way Package through the RunDisney site.

Also...any thoughts on doing the parks before/after the half? Spending a couple days in the parks before the race works better for our schedules, but we're somewhat worried about the effect that walking around the parks/eating park food for 2 days would have on our ability to run the race.

Can't believe it, but I got into the 10k! Yay! Tried to get another in via my phone, immediately after and it said "on hold." I keep checking and checking and it is still saying "on hold." It's okay though, everybody is fine going to Disney no matter if they run or not - Ha! AWESOME! Ordered the bundle that includes the magnet. I'm so flippin' excited right now! Good luck everyone!

I went with Acclaim also because of their cancellation policy. I booked through them on Saturday night, but am still waiting for the confirms and the Active link. Their site said it could take longer with pre-sales. Trusting it will all work out, but I'll be happier when I know I'm actually registered.

Me too! I just think of it this way. I really doubt Disney would continue to work with them if they didn't come through. I think it will work out fine. I'm not sure if the "availability" means how many they have "reserved" or what, but it's changed from 13 when I booked earlier to 10 now. I'll definitely feel better when it's all said and done though, and I'm happy knowing if I HAVE to cancel - I won't lose everything.

All registered for the half and so excited! Anybody have recommendations for booking hotels and theme park tickets for the weekend? We'll just be there 2-3 days and are considering booking a Magic Your Way Package through the RunDisney site.

Also...any thoughts on doing the parks before/after the half? Spending a couple days in the parks before the race works better for our schedules, but we're somewhat worried about the effect that walking around the parks/eating park food for 2 days would have on our ability to run the race.
I can't help with tickets - I've been a passholder for 20+ years so I'm clueless on ticket options. For resorts (and probably packages, too), special rates won't be out for a while; they're just now dipping into Oct. dates. I'd wait and see what comes along.

Is this your first half? If not, go with what you know works for you re: lots of walking before races. If it's your first, I'd cuation against too much time on your feet before the race. For me, I don't do well with a lot of park time before races, so I avoid that. Others handle it just fine, though. I'd suggest planning for park days after the race if you're unsure.

Yay! Congrats on registering! My husband and I have done it both ways...parks before and parks after. I highly recommend doing the parks after if you can. It was nice to have something to look forward to after the races (sort of a reward!). Plus, our bodies weren't dehydrated/exhausted from walking everywhere. I also had better race times when we did that way. We just rented sea racers on Seven Seas Lagoon and had a nice Dinner in Disney Springs the day of the 10K (night before the half). Also, did a little yoga. :)

UGH! Im so sad! I slept in today cus Ive been sick...totally forgetting that registration opened today and the challenge is gone >:(...im keeping my fingers crossed but I really wanted this to be my first challenge....guess i can always just sign up for the half & 5k buttttt...wahhhhh

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter