2018 Military Room Rates

November 2018 will be my 4th year in a row running W&D. It's the first year I can get nothing with my military discount a year out. I have been trying since I got back from W&D this year. Today she told me AKL, but it's rack rate. (These cast members must think I was born yesterday...I do have internet at my house...) BFF who runs with me doesn't want to do Shades so I guess I'll book room+dining at French Quarter for the same price I paid for Boardwalk this year. Ugh.

Just to update I was able to book GF for our dates. I would have preferred Epcot area, but I'm just happy to have something, and not an All-Star as I'm not personally a fan. I'll likely keep checking, but at the same time I haven't stayed at GF so it could be a good chance to try it out.

Just booked AKL in a savanna view room for next month. I was surprised to have the availability on such short notice. The discount came out to be 35%, which I am happy with.

Adding this in, so that people can have a better idea of the discount spread! :goodvibes

Booked BC 2 rooms in December for a stay in August. Gardens/woods view room was $1323.xx per room for 4 nights. Rack is $2036.xx for one room. All prices are total, including taxes. So military is 35% off.

Last edited:
Just checked some dates in early August. No BC villa that I wanted, but they did have a Treehouse at SS for military rate ($2609 for 4 nights). If you want it, snag it!!

Did not read through all of the pages, but I wanted to let everyone know that a reservation for Grand Floridian Outer Building Theme park view for July and received a 35% military discount.

New to the military discount, my husband is military and we want to book our honeymoon in September. Are there anything I need to know or any hints to help me?

New to the military discount, my husband is military and we want to book our honeymoon in September. Are there anything I need to know or any hints to help me?

First Congrats!

Second, not really anything special you have to do other than call. You can't apply the mil discount online. Decide where you want to stay and your dates. Have a couple choices in case you first (or second) is not available. The discount is a bit less than in past years and seems more limited in rooms. I called the day it was released and was not able to get POR for this summer. I called back about a week or so later and was able to book POR, in a pool view. I have called randomly to see if I can again change it to a garden view, as extra $ for a pool view isn't necessary to us. I've gotten answers from royal rooms only to nothing at all depending on the day.

Third, know that other places may be cheaper than Disney with the mil discount. One year I booked POP through Cheap Tickets with a coupon code stackable to the discounted rate and saved $300 over the mil price I had originally. I have found CBR and CSR resorts cheaper than the discounted Disney mil rate for this year, but my kids really don't want to stay there. It's their graduation trip....so they win this time. Unless you want the dining plan using sites like Orbitz, etc... with coupons can be a better deal. The mil tickets can be used no matter how you book you room.

regards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter