2018 Military Room Rates

I’m getting super nervous! We are also waiting for 2018 discounts but we are going in sept.
We have always stayed in a value but since my oldest is traveling to Disney in his own next year we were going to take that opportunity to go without him and stay in a deluxe. (Without him we’re a party of 5)
I’ll be pretty bummed if they quit the discount.

2017's was announced September 28th 2016. It should be announced any day. no need to freak out just yet... although i am checking daily :bored: The way I look at is is it should be out by the end of the week and until then I'm staying optimistic. I've already planned my whole trip with reservations to character dining in mind and everything. The salute has been renewed every year since 2008 or 2009 so I'm optimistic. :rainbow:

I just called and it isn't out yet. The CM was so funny he made it seem like he was about to announce it to me thinking it had just come out...then he said it still wasn't out. :chat: :tongue:

I checked with SOG for our time and there is still plenty of availability. So I held a room just in case. I'm optimistic as a PP mentioned but this is Disney we're talking about. Rather be safe than sorry. :worship: Edit to add this: I really, really, really want my mom to see & stay at Port Orleans. I love that resort. We love Pop Century as well. So staying on property is actually her first choice by far.

I had to cancel our October trip due to health issues & it seemed like my mom was really disappointed. She had been looking forward to the Boo to You parade. And just being there. She really needs a vacation, stat. :genie:

We're not doing DDP unless it comes out as a huge surprise as free or deeply discounted to the military, which has never happened & have no reason to think it would this time. ***EDIT to add: Actually the Free Dining Offer could be combined w/the Military Discounts back in 2006, 2007, & 2009. So I'm not sure when that ended. ***EDIT OVER*** So she chose a few Table Services that she really liked or wanted & I snagged them for her. One, which shocked me when I saw it, was BOG lunch at MK for our last day of the trip. She LOVES Beauty & The Beast. Always has. Can't get enough at DHS. So when I told her about Beast Castle she was just like OOOHHHHHHH. So when I saw it available I snagged it ASAP! :yay::yay::yay:

Anywho, as you can probably tell I'm super excited. Also, anyone flying Allegiant Air check out their Military Honors program. Free bags & other things for the military. https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount

Last edited:
I just called and it isn't out yet. The CM was so funny he made it seem like he was about to announce it to me thinking it had just come out...then he said it still wasn't out. :chat: :tongue:

I checked with SOG for our time and there is still plenty of availability. So I held a room just in case. I'm optimistic as a PP mentioned but this is Disney we're talking about. Rather be safe than sorry. :worship: Edit to add this: I really, really, really want my mom to see & stay at Port Orleans. I love that resort. We love Pop Century as well. So staying on property is actually her first choice by far.

I had to cancel our October trip due to health issues & it seemed like my mom was really disappointed. She had been looking forward to the Boo to You parade. And just being there. She really needs a vacation, stat. :genie:

We're not doing DDP unless it comes out as a huge surprise as free or deeply discounted to the military, which has never happened & have no reason to think it would this time. ***EDIT to add: Actually the Free Dining Offer could be combined w/the Military Discounts back in 2006, 2007, & 2009. So I'm not sure when that ended. ***EDIT OVER*** So she chose a few Table Services that she really liked or wanted & I snagged them for her. One, which shocked me when I saw it, was BOG lunch at MK for our last day of the trip. She LOVES Beauty & The Beast. Always has. Can't get enough at DHS. So when I told her about Beast Castle she was just like OOOHHHHHHH. So when I saw it available I snagged it ASAP! :yay::yay::yay:

Anywho, as you can probably tell I'm super excited. Also, anyone flying Allegiant Air check out their Military Honors program. Free bags & other things for the military. https://www.allegiantair.com/military-discount

Just an FYI -- with a military ID, bags fly free on Jet Blue too! :cloud9:

Military rates on rooms + tickets look available now, at least through the Special Offers page.

I haven't been able to find the % breakdowns for the 2018 military discount. I'm still looking, but if anyone sees them would they please post? Thanks!

I haven't been able to find the % breakdowns for the 2018 military discount. I'm still looking, but if anyone sees them would they please post? Thanks!

Yeah, oddly enough the "special offers" details do not detail anything! :confused3

I assume it will be the same, but who knows!

Steve has the breakdown on his page.
I will continue to check his page as he adds info. The reason I asked about the breakdown is I was quoted a rate % less than what he lists for a deluxe. It could have been a glitch, of course.

Called to book for our sept trip. Super short wait, I was surprised. Was wanting to do a split stay between beach club garden view and grand Floridian lagoon view. Unfortunately there was no availability for either of those on our dates or around them. So we ended up with Beach Club only lagoon/pool view. Not quite what I was wanting but I’m thankful we’re even able to go to BC at all thanks to the discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter