2018 Disney Vacation Club Condominium Association Meeting

hayesdvc

DIS Veteran
Can someone post the link to the minutes of today's meeting when they become available?

For example, I saw on twitter they announced that all DVC resorts would be getting the large pump shampoo,conditioner, etc bottles instead of the individual ones.

TIA

Yes. I would like to know any details that are available about the condo association meeting. I would also like to know if they said anything about previously released information or announcements. For instance did they talk more about the current increase in DVC membership dues, or give any speculation about what will happen to them in the future? Did they say anything about the Riviera? The gondola system? Dates when they might start selling Riviera? Dates of completion for anything? When they might start their newest Resorts? Thanks everyone. I would like to hear information and your opinions.

They said nothing of value about Riviera or the gondola. Most of the dues increase was wages. Next resort is the rehab clinic.

What I remember from following DVC News and Twitter:

— Mentioned in passing but nothing new on Riviera, gondola, or new resort in River Country area

— Majority of budget increase for 2019 was wages due to latest collective bargaining agreement; indicated we can expect more increases due to additional wage increases over the following couple years spelled out in that contract.

— Resorts will be switching to the pump dispenser bottles for shower items (shampoo, etc.).

— OKW refurb 80% done, will finish in 2019. SSR will begin refurb in 2019 and take about a year.

— As part of future refurb of any resorts, they will be putting in a new couch/bed system to replace the current pull-out couches There will be a Murphy bed in the wall with its own mattress over the couch. The portion of the couch below it will fold down when bed is pulled down.

— The WiFi system in all the resorts will be improved, no completion date provided.

— Moonlight Magic is considered a success and will continue and plan is to have one every month and thus they may add one in October and November next year though current schedule does not show any for those months.

Last edited:
I talked to a dvc guide this week about purchasing a 25 point AKV contract. During our conversation I asked about Riveria and he said DVC members would be able to purchase this new resort in the 1st quarter of 2019. He heavily indicated this would most likely happen in Feb.

I talked to a dvc guide this week about purchasing a 25 point AKV contract. During our conversation I asked about Riveria and he said DVC members would be able to purchase this new resort in the 1st quarter of 2019. He heavily indicated this would most likely happen in Feb.

It makes sense from a timing perspective, they prefer to have 6 months of overlap between the new resort start selling and the previous resort selling out. But I'm surprised they're not starting to build up excitment giving us some information about Riviera, if it's going to go on sale in February. Probably they don't want to hust sales of CCV in the next two months, but people who know about Riviera and might be interested are already holding up, people who don't know about it (tourists stopping at the kiosks) wouldn't know anything anyway.

Guides are not typically given real dates in advance because it constitutes material information. Guides guess and make stuff up and pass it as fact.

SSR historically cost wise has always been the most economical (price + fees + years remaining) property to purchase resale.

Did they put a total cost estimate of the refurbishment? Was the cost included (partially included) in the 2019 fees?

SSR historically cost wise has always been the most economical (price + fees + years remaining) property to purchase resale.

Did they put a total cost estimate of the refurbishment? Was the cost included (partially included) in the 2019 fees?

Nothing said about cost of refurb or its inclusion in dues. In the past, a refurb has typically not brought about any immediate change in operating budget or annual amount of dues for capital reserves, but you do usually see some substantial decrease from the year (or years) of the refurb in the total amount of capital reserves available, which will then build up again in the years after a refurb, e.g., when they did BWV a few years ago, the total available capital reserves shown in the annual budget decreased by 40% and since then it has been building up again. In other words, the capital reserves total as it builds from year to year includes amounts for future refurbs.

— As part of future refurb of any resorts, they will be putting in a new couch/bed system to replace the current pull-out couches There will be a Murphy bed in the wall with its own mattress over the couch. The portion of the couch below it will fold down when bed is pulled down.
I'm trying to figure out what this will look like -- were there any images? So would be a full Murphy bed? Could be an improvement from the mattresses on the couches.

One thing I remember them saying was that any excess funds left over at the end of the year would go into the Capital Reserves fund.

It was basically the dog and pony show with DVC management patting themselves on the back. And telling us how wonderful they are.

Cookies were the best part.

One thing I remember them saying was that any excess funds left over at the end of the year would go into the Capital Reserves fund.

It was basically the dog and pony show with DVC management patting themselves on the back. And telling us how wonderful they are.

Thank you. I wish Disney would open their eyes a bit more and not pat themselves on the back so much. It is true that Disney does a good job overall, but they are pricing themselves out of the middle class market, and there are some SIGNIFICANT problems at DVC with poor availability, mega-units like the Poly Bungalows, and a point price structure that really should be revised.

Disney could care less about middle class or any class, all they care about is profit and how big their bonus will be. The so called Disney magic has all but disappeared.

Yes, and while I wasn't as this particular meeting...they are all pre-scripted, so was it any worse than any other DVC annual meeting from previous years? There usually isn't a whole lot of new info at this things.

Disney could care less about middle class or any class, all they care about is profit and how big their bonus will be. The so called Disney magic has all but disappeared.
Thinking this pretty much sums it up.

Yes, and while I wasn't as this particular meeting...they are all pre-scripted, so was it any worse than any other DVC annual meeting from previous years? There usually isn't a whole lot of new info at this things.
This was my second (first last year), so it wasn't much different. Only big difference was the VP in charge.

Refurb costs are built into the budget every year and funds are accumulated over time. That means there's no significant change from year to year just because a refurb is imminent plus the wear and tear is paid by every owner over the years not just the current ones when it happens. As mentioned it's accounted for under Capital Reserves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!