2018 Bounce Back released today!!

Sadly we had to cancel this week's trip (we were scheduled to arrive last Friday) and have rescheduled for next January as that's what was available.

Once things have settled a bit I'm going to call the BB number later this week and see if a little bit of Pixie Dust might be sprinkled on us. This year was to be our 6th FD BB trip in a row. Since I have already booked our next trip and were supposed to be there this week, hoping I will somehow be able to book a BB for next Sept in spite of cancelling this week's trip due to Irma. Can't hurt to try!

We'll, I tried to book a BB but first attempt was not successful. I'm going to try again Monday (the day we would have left Disney) as that's the day the phone lines are asking people to call who are not arriving this week.

Fully expecting another 'no' but still going to try!

I just wanted to let everyone know I am here right now at Port Orleans French Quarter (with my son 20 year old) I booked two rooms under the bounceback offer, one in my name and one in the name of coworker who is coming with me next year but is not traveling with me now. There has been some confusion that when you're booking two or more rooms that they have to be under the adults that are in the room at the time of the booking, that did change last year. The amount of rooms that you can book are dependent on the amount of the adults that are in the room at the time of booking so since it's just two adults in my room I can book 2 rooms one under my name and one under anybody else I choose, does not have to be an adult that is on your current reservation at the time of booking.

Last edited:
I just wanted to let everyone know I am here right now at Port Orleans French Quarter (with my son 20 year old) I booked two rooms under the bounceback offer, one in my name and one in the name of coworker who is coming with me next year but is not traveling with me now. There has been some confusion that when you're booking two or more rooms that they have to be under the adults that are in the room at the time of the booking, that did change last year. The amount of rooms that you can book are dependent on the amount of the adults that are in the room at the time of booking so since it's just two adults in my room I can book 2 rooms one under my name and one under anybody else I choose, does not have to be an adult that is on your current reservation at the time of booking.
That's great news! Can you tell me which discount if currently being offered? Free Dining or Room Only? I'll be there Oct 29 - Nov 4 and am hoping to book BB for room only for March 3 - 9 - two rooms.....

That's great news! Can you tell me which discount if currently being offered? Free Dining or Room Only? I'll be there Oct 29 - Nov 4 and am hoping to book BB for room only for March 3 - 9 - two rooms.....

There is a good possibility that your stay may overlap 2 different bb offers. The current FD offer is for fall of 2018 and that BB can be booked until October 31, 2017. I am anticipating that a new room-only discount will be the new BB offer starting sometime in early November.

That being said, there is a good possibility that Disney will (soon) offer a room-only discount to the General Public for dates in 2018. Historically a room-only (and sometimes Stay, Play and Dine) offers have been released for the following year and the offer comes out in late September. You may find you can book something that way without having to wait until your Oct/Nov stay.

I'm waiting for this deal to come out after cancelling last week's BB offer due to Irma.

Thanks, I'm definitely watching for special room only and packages, as well as AP offers, however, not holding out a lot of hope that there well be any better availability than the latest ones for this fall...so BB may be our best bet
There is a good possibility that your stay may overlap 2 different bb offers. The current FD offer is for fall of 2018 and that BB can be booked until October 31, 2017. I am anticipating that a new room-only discount will be the new BB offer starting sometime in early November.

That being said, there is a good possibility that Disney will (soon) offer a room-only discount to the General Public for dates in 2018. Historically a room-only (and sometimes Stay, Play and Dine) offers have been released for the following year and the offer comes out in late September. You may find you can book something that way without having to wait until your Oct/Nov stay.

I'm waiting for this deal to come out after cancelling last week's BB offer due to Irma.

Does anyone remember if the general public Free Dining offer mimicked the same dates as the Bounceback Free Dining offer last year?

No, the dates were different. I believe they were more generous than the FD BB dates. E.g. The FD BB only went until September 9th but I'm pretty sure the General Public FD dates extended throughout the month of September.

I would not consider the BB dates to indicate what dates the GP offer (if it's offered) includes.

Well, I tried but it didn't work out. Disappointed but can't say I'm surprised.

For the past 6 years I have booked a FD BB during my September stay for the following September. This year I chose to cancel my trip less than 24 hours before we were supposed to fly to Florida as Irma was a Category 5 and heading straight for Florida shortly after we were to arrive.

I called the BB number (twice....just in case) to see if there was any way possible that I would be allowed to book a FD BB for 2018 even though I hadn't kept my Sept 2017 dates but the answer was no both times. They put me through to Guest Services hoping that they could help me out but the system would not allow her to do so as I had never checked in for my reservation.

Oh well, I will wait for the FD General Public offer to (hopefully) be offered for 2018 and book at that time. In the meantime we have our Irma replacement trip booked for January so a new countdown has officially begun. :)

No, the dates were different. I believe they were more generous than the FD BB dates. E.g. The FD BB only went until September 9th but I'm pretty sure the General Public FD dates extended throughout the month of September.

I would not consider the BB dates to indicate what dates the GP offer (if it's offered) includes.
OK, thanks. I am REALLY hoping it stays with the December 22nd end date. I'm a school district worker and that's the earliest we can arrive. I would LOVE to have Free Dining next year. I wasn't counting on it, so I guess it's no big deal either way, but it sure would be nice!

For the past 6 years I have booked a FD BB during my September stay for the following September. This year I chose to cancel my trip less than 24 hours before we were supposed to fly to Florida as Irma was a Category 5 and heading straight for Florida shortly after we were to arrive.

I called the BB number (twice....just in case) to see if there was any way possible that I would be allowed to book a FD BB for 2018 even though I hadn't kept my Sept 2017 dates but the answer was no both times. They put me through to Guest Services hoping that they could help me out but the system would not allow her to do so as I had never checked in for my reservation.

Oh well, I will wait for the FD General Public offer to (hopefully) be offered for 2018 and book at that time. In the meantime we have our Irma replacement trip booked for January so a new countdown has officially begun. :)

Sorry it didn't work for you but at least they will offer general FD if history repeats itself.

Hi! I know you must be really disappointed, but don't lose hope. I think there is a great chance that there will be a FD offer that will open to the public. Irma is too fresh in everyone's mind and I don't think they will fill rooms in September without FD.

Does anyone know how long this BounceBack for travel in 2018 be offered? We are looking to book next December within the free dining plan dates, just wondering if a quick trip this year makes sense.

Does anyone know how long this BounceBack for travel in 2018 be offered? We are looking to book next December within the free dining plan dates, just wondering if a quick trip this year makes sense.

The current BB offer for FD in 2018 is available for stays up to October 31, 2017. After that we anticipate a new BB offer for a room discount to be released.

The current BB offer for FD in 2018 is available for stays up to October 31, 2017. After that we anticipate a new BB offer for a room discount to be released.

Thank you so much!!! Would you happen to know if this is offered to everyone regardless of length of stay?

Thank you so much!!! Would you happen to know if this is offered to everyone regardless of length of stay?

Yes, it is available to all as long as your stay is at least 1 night. You must call prior to 10:00pm* on the day you check out though to get the bb offer. It's easiest to call x8844 from your resort room at some point between checking out and checking in.

*My understanding is that the bb lines close at 10pm each evening.

For those who booked a BB, I had someone tell me in a different thread that their friends were only allowed to book one week, did anyone else encounter that? If FD was changed to a one week max that wouldn't work for us, so hoping it is someone just saying the sky is falling.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter