2017 Holiday Events Start 11/18 This Year

Here are the details from Orlando Informer for 2017:

"Guests may sign up to be balloon handlers and take part in delighting crowds along the streets of Universal Studios Florida. Registration opens two hours before parade time in Woody Woodpecker’s KidZone – so 3:00 pm or 6:00 pm, depending on the parade schedule – and is first come, first serve for everyone.

Requirements for participating (subject to change):

• 18 years of age or older
  • 48 inches or taller
  • Weigh at least 125 pounds
  • Able to lift 50 pounds
  • Able to walk the length and time of the parade, roughly one mile and one hour
  • Hold the line of the balloon with two hands
  • Understand English to follow commands from the balloon pilots
  • Must be wearing closed-toe shoes
Coordinating jump suits and gloves are provided to all participants."

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Not only for the information, but for one positive aspect of my recent huge weight gain! I definitely meet the weight requirement now. :mickeybar

IMG_2532.jpg

Im not a fan of their system wherein you buy the tix online, then need to call for reservations for the day you selected.

Ran into it for HHN character dinner too, main reason we skipped it. No idea if they would refund if you can't get the specific time that meets your needs. We will likely be offsite, 8 am breakfast would require a far earlier wakeup time that I'd like lol

Didn't log into PH website, wonder if any APH discounts?

Back in August I was thinking of switching from PBH to RPR but the only availability was club level and up. We wouldn't get much use out of the concierge lounge so it seemed a waste of $$ and just decided to stay put but my point is that it got me worried that there was not much availability even back in August and this was for the first week of December! I was wondering if crowds were up because of the expanded holiday offerings in the Wizarding World or what? But yeah, I feel your pain. Maybe try calling directly they might have something that isn't listed on the website. Good luck!

Interesting. We didn’t book RPR for 11/17 thru 11/22 until the beginning of Oct and had lots of availability on room types. I wonder why the first week of Dec would be worse. I wouldn’t expect that.

Interesting. We didn’t book RPR for 11/17 thru 11/22 until the beginning of Oct and had lots of availability on room types. I wonder why the first week of Dec would be worse. I wouldn’t expect that.
Out of curiosity I checked again and now there's no availability at all for my dates or yours at RPR!

Out of curiosity I checked again and now there's no availability at all for my dates or yours at RPR!

You know, I think the special holiday activities didn’t start until later in previous years. Maybe that’s why our week had availability and yours didn’t. Until they announced an earlier start to the holidays. Hmmm. We need to get to WWoHP early, I think.

Holiday festivities always started the first weekend of December so I'm glad they moved it up this year.

That is great about the frog choir and singing. Nice costumes will be so fun to see. I love this time of year. So excited to end the year at the Dark Side.

Hi everyone! Long story short, I will be visiting Universal on November 18. I know this is the first official day for the Christmas events. I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, and I am wondering if anyone has any information about the projections on Hogwarts. Will there be a "lighting" event? I want the best experience, and I am torn between watching from the JP bridge or Hogsmeade itself. I know this is the first year for this, so information may be scarce, but anything that you all can pass along will be helpful.

Christmas decorations have arrived at Hogsmead (courtesy of Thrillgeek)
22852015_1455457111239250_4375146409178114644_n.jpg

22894171_1455457184572576_2368632670270743296_n.jpg

22886203_1455457194572575_8087265491911364236_n.jpg

22815628_1455457231239238_7705484635279717239_n.jpg

22815386_1455457234572571_5444572075607332191_n.jpg

Yay! Pictures of Potter areas are always so good, but with the holiday trim, even nicer. So happy all in the parks gets some holiday loving.

That's crazy! We went to Universal yesterday, the Seuss area was all decked out, but Hogsmeade was not decorated at all. This must have happened overnight on Sunday.

Anyone know when the Hogwarts projection show is happening?

Last edited:
I wish they would release the details - times would be oh so helpful. We leave 2 weeks from today.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to do the parade and the concert? Our kids are not going to be able to wait until after 8 for dinner. I had been planning on doing Finnegans for dinner but we wouldn’t be able to get dinner and get to the parade if it’s at 6.

I always feed my kids popcorn, candy and junk food to tie them over when we ate late during a vacation.

never said i was a great mom....but it worked so we could do parades/shows that fell during their usual dinner period schedule

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter