2017 DISNEYLAND RESORT HALLOWEEN TIME / MICKEY'S HALLOWEEN PARTY THREAD!

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned else where, but any speculation on how Fantasmic will be scheduled in October? I'm guessing it isn't scheduled on party nights?
I've never seen Fantasmic on a party night but I always go on a Friday to the party. I believe Fantasmic is usually on Saturdays in the Fall but I could be wrong about this. There usually is only one Saturday party.

What's everyone's best guess for party ticket prices this year?
Just occurred to me that we have to buy a 5th ticket this year! Eeek

I have not read all of this thread. I am not interested in the Halloween party events, but I am interested in the tour - Happy Haunts? Does anyone have any info on this or a link? When does Disney make these available? I checked DLR's website for tours and could not find anything. Thanks!

:wizard:
Any info on the tour?

Any info on the tour?

HydroGuy -- I have not done the Happiest Haunts tour, so I was waiting to see if someone else came forward and gave you some of the details. What I remember from last year is that the tour times were changed from the previous years. Did you happen to see this thread from 2016? https://disboards.com/threads/disneys-happiest-haunts-tour.3543618/

I'm sure you've already done this, but if you Google something like Happiest Haunts Tour 2016 Review, you will come up with some links to other sites (I found a couple of reviews).... but I was trying to search for something substantial on DISboards for you and the first thing I got was that thread I linked above.

HydroGuy -- I have not done the Happiest Haunts tour, so I was waiting to see if someone else came forward and gave you some of the details. What I remember from last year is that the tour times were changed from the previous years. Did you happen to see this thread from 2016? https://disboards.com/threads/disneys-happiest-haunts-tour.3543618/

I'm sure you've already done this, but if you Google something like Happiest Haunts Tour 2016 Review, you will come up with some links to other sites (I found a couple of reviews).... but I was trying to search for something substantial on DISboards for you and the first thing I got was that thread I linked above.
Thanks so much! It appears the sign up period is 30 days prior. That helps. It sounds like they have changed it from a few years ago when it frankly sounded more interesting. I will keep my ears open for how the tours is handled this year.

Last edited:
We went on the HH tour in 2015. It was fun. Overall reviews say the new tour in 2016 was crap. I read the dldaily review above and it was one of the few positive reviews I've seen.

Thanks so much! It appears the sign up period is 30 days prior. That helps. It sounds like they have changed it from a few years ago when it frankly sounded more interesting. I will keep my ears open for how the tours is handled this year.

We went on the HH tour in 2015. It was fun. Overall reviews say the new tour in 2016 was crap. I read the dldaily review above and it was one of the few positive reviews I've seen.

I got the same impressions that you both got. Just from reading a small sampling of comments in various places last year, it did, indeed, sound like the previous years' HH tours were better than last year's version, though I can't recall specifics. Maybe it's something that can be fine-tuned or reconfigured somehow, and they can find a way to make it better this year.

Well, in 2015 and before, you'd get a Mansion employee in butler costume, named Master Gracey guiding you around. Last year, they switched it to a regular plaid tour guide (if I'm not mistaken). I think the big highlight of last years tour was seeing the flower from the tiki room, lol. Which isn't really Mansion related, but they tried to tie it in lol. I'm going again this year with a group of Mansion nuts, so hopefully they have redone the tour again.

I'm sorry if this has been mentioned else where, but any speculation on how Fantasmic will be scheduled in October? I'm guessing it isn't scheduled on party nights?
As GenGen22 said, they haven't presented F! as part of the MHP in the past. It was typically presented on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays during HalloweenTime/Fall (unless there was a party, in which case, there was no F!). It would be nice if it was presented nightly (except on party nights) this year because it'll be new, but they haven't said anything about the after-summer schedules yet.

What's everyone's best guess for party ticket prices this year?
Just occurred to me that we have to buy a 5th ticket this year! Eeek

I think it was like 60-99 or so per night. The weekday nights are cheaper normally, and Halloween night is whatever the max price is.

Last year's ticket prices ranged from $72 (advance purchase, AP discount, weeknight) to $99 (day of, Halloween). There was a pretty steep price increase from 2015 to 2016 (max price increased by $15!), so it will be interesting to see if this year the increase will be more modest. On the the other hand, I wonder if they'll want to go over $100 per ticket price threshold for the party this year (WDW's MNSSHP max price jumped to $115, so DLR's might be similar).

Oh, I've been here for years, doing that very thing! I was a moderator here for 8 years (until very recently), and led really active, popular Halloween Time and Holiday Season Superthreads since 2010. I've been dispensing and gathering Halloween and Holiday season news and data and analyzing it here on DISboards for a long time -- that's how I know what has happened in previous years so well, as far as dates and announcements and all of that. That's how my mind works, and people seem to appreciate the info.

Sherry E I appreciate all the time and effort you put in giving us the info and tools to make our Vacations perfect!!:love:

It doesn't look like we're getting the official Halloween Time announcement today (which might be OK, if a lot of people are still away on their holiday vacations and would miss seeing the Parks Blog info anyway), so that leaves tomorrow, 7/6 (which is less likely), and next Monday through Thursday (7/10 - 7/13) for the announcement. I still think that Wednesday, July 12th is probably the most likely date for the news (based on the pattern of the last 3 years), but it would be great if they'd give it to us on Monday or something out of the ordinary!

Sherry, thanks for being so neurotic about it! lol. I'm just as excited and I'm certainly appreciative of you looking in to the pattern of disclosure dates :) I check nearly hourly.

I'm working on costumes right now for this years MHP. I have two costumes almost done. I will start painting the third costume sometime this week. I'm also walking as much as I can in the mornings to loose as much weight as I can for MHP. I will post pictures hoprfully by the end of the month.

Sherry, thanks for being so neurotic about it! lol. I'm just as excited and I'm certainly appreciative of you looking in to the pattern of disclosure dates :) I check nearly hourly.

I didn't have to look into it. That's what I was saying here the other day -- I've been here on this board for years, keeping up with the breaking Halloween Time and Holiday season news, and running huge Superthreads devoted to the seasons. I'm an old pro at this kind of thing! I'm just sharing what can be expected based on what I already knew/know about the dates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter