2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

They actually did something pretty cool since many were being warned to stay off the roads. They offered those who registered, but didn't come out for the 15K a chance to have their medals mailed and do the run virtually. Not quite as cool as being handed cocoa dusted marshmallows in the middle of a run, but I thought it nice of them.

I'm definitely thinking twice before registering for next year, though.

That is nice! I will have to think about it too! I really want that jacket though!

It sucks because the story is so cool behind the PDC medal! But it's one of the ugliest things I've seen.

Right? I had originally planned to do the inaugural PDC, and didn't end up registering. I was so afraid I would be kicking myself after I saw the medal. After I saw it, I didn't have to worry about it. lol

I'm trying to hold hope I'll like the half for Princess when I see it, but I also usually only wear my challenge medal to the parks. So at least I won't be wearing it for long if I don't like it. At least GSC looks cool.

I actually only wear the half medal the day I get it. For the rest of the trip, I wear the GSC medal. It's like wearing 2 medals in one.

Oh geez! I would hate it even more on a training run. A training run I'd be more likely to back out of or delay until weather clears. A race I'm going to just tough it out. Which is probably terrible of me since I should practice more in bad weather, but I don't really get much opportunity to do so.

It was training for my first GSC...my "dress rehearsal." I wanted to be prepared to run in any kind of weather, and boy was I.

I am working on putting my daily itineraries together, which includes outfits! Is it inappropriate to wear my race shirt/leggings to dinner (San Angel Inn) on Sunday night? I'll probably also have a boyfriend cardigan with me.
I normally wouldn't wear something so casual to any restaurant, but I am aiming for comfort!

There will be tons of people dressed like that. Plus, I don't think San Angel is super fancy. I just wear regular clothes there.

After months of freaking out since registration for all the races sold out (this is my first time doing a race at WDW, and for some reason I thought I could register for the Princess Half a month after registration went live ... silly me lol) -- I was able to sign up for the Glass Slipper Challenge through a travel agency. I'll probably be spending a couple of hundred bucks more than I expected, but I'm so excited nonetheless!

Two Questions for all you Disney geniuses:

1. I'm also registered for the Tinkerbell Pixie Dust Challenge -- is there anything I need to do to make sure I get my C2C medal? This would be my first C2C, so that excites me :)

2. Does anyone know of any possible meetup groups or anything that may be going on this weekend?? Both friends that were supposed to come with me canceled, in favor to a weekend in New York instead -___- Ideally, I'd rather not spend most of the weekend by myself!

Thanks guys!

After months of freaking out since registration for all the races sold out (this is my first time doing a race at WDW, and for some reason I thought I could register for the Princess Half a month after registration went live ... silly me lol) -- I was able to sign up for the Glass Slipper Challenge through a travel agency. I'll probably be spending a couple of hundred bucks more than I expected, but I'm so excited nonetheless!

Two Questions for all you Disney geniuses:

1. I'm also registered for the Tinkerbell Pixie Dust Challenge -- is there anything I need to do to make sure I get my C2C medal? This would be my first C2C, so that excites me :)

2. Does anyone know of any possible meetup groups or anything that may be going on this weekend?? Both friends that were supposed to come with me canceled, in favor to a weekend in New York instead -___- Ideally, I'd rather not spend most of the weekend by myself!

Thanks guys!

1. No, they track it automatically so when you grab your stuff at Tink the system knows. You'll get a wristband and your picture taken so they know its you who completed the challenge. Then at the end of the race you'll grab your shiny pink medal. Its my first C2C as well!

1. No, they track it automatically so when you grab your stuff at Tink the system knows. You'll get a wristband and your picture taken so they know its you who completed the challenge. Then at the end of the race you'll grab your shiny pink medal. Its my first C2C as well!

Good to know, thank you!!

My first C2C also. This is how I thought it worked but its good to see confirmation.

I'm not sure about meetups, but I'll be doing all the races solo so I would be happy to say hi.

My first C2C also. This is how I thought it worked but its good to see confirmation.

I'm not sure about meetups, but I'll be doing all the races solo so I would be happy to say hi.

I both called, and saw how it worked with my boyfriend who did the Dopey and Dumbo last year... I am such a nervous nelly. I was like ok you told me this on the phone... but i want to see this in action.... I'm still nervous but I have trust in the runDisney system even though sometimes i guess its misplaced....

I both called, and saw how it worked with my boyfriend who did the Dopey and Dumbo last year... I am such a nervous nelly. I was like ok you told me this on the phone... but i want to see this in action.... I'm still nervous but I have trust in the runDisney system even though sometimes i guess its misplaced....

At the very least they have c2c down to a science.

I just realized that I'm getting the blue coast to coast medal at Princess because we are doing Star Wars this weekend ... five big medal haul :lovestruc

Then we earn pink coast to coast at Tink. Wow!

They gave both pink and blue coast to coast, yes two, last year at the Tink to those that had run the princess half??
I already had a blue fro 2010 so I just wanted the pink. It was all based on the bracelets we got at the expo.

Last edited:
I think they're still doing the double medals too. So you can get it this year too. I am sad I don't get a big haul at Tink but at least I get one special medal on each coast! :)

Too bad I can't get a work trip to do Dark Side. Still on the fence ...

Edit: darn. Looks like I'm in SF for dark side. Can't make it. Oh well.

Last edited:
Have any of you done the Shadow box type displays for your races? Do you suggest Fond memories or Last commenatives/ I basically want Medal/bib, picture is bonus

So to continue my medical drama from the marathon thread... my surgery is officially scheduled for the Tuesday before the race... and Now I need to scramble around and reschedule it... otherwise I need to drop out of the race... which I am NOT doing after missing the half this past weekend

Have any of you done the Shadow box type displays for your races? Do you suggest Fond memories or Last commenatives/ I basically want Medal/bib, picture is bonus

I wouldn't recommend either of them. You'll get much higher quality by taking your bib and medals to a local frame or craft store and having them build a shadow box for you. I had one from Lasting done for my first Goofy way back when, and it was really shoddy. I ended up having it remade two years later.

I wouldn't recommend either of them. You'll get much higher quality by taking your bib and medals to a local frame or craft store and having them build a shadow box for you. I had one from Lasting done for my first Goofy way back when, and it was really shoddy. I ended up having it remade two years later.

Thank you for your Thoughts.

Flights finally booked- glad I waited because we were able to extend our trip by 1 day! Yay!

Now to tackle 11 miles this weekend.... :-)
Good for you!! I'm still procrastinating! The darn prices are steep! Good luck with your long this weekend! I was thinking about attempting today but we shall see!

I booked my flights awhile back and they were PRICEY! Thankfully I had a travel voucher to use. Now I'm on the hunt for a good deal on a car rental! :scratchin

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter