2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

To echo keels and keahgirl8...I am also a sweater and have not had to use the facilities after the race has started. I remember our running coach telling DH and I that if you hydrate properly before and during the race you shouldn't need to use the bathroom during the race(everyone is different and/or could have a medical condition where they need to go).

I Will say I avoid wearing light color shorts/pants for exercising due to it looking like....well....I had an accident! I do have the wicking undies and workout shorts/pants in black and/or dark prints that work well for me.

And for the boob sweat problem - an easy fix is a sports bra that really lifts. You'll feel like the straps are too short at first, but sometimes you just gotta jack those puppies up high to get them in the right place. Also, BodyGlide the under area to help with sweat and keep from chafing/rubbing from your sports bra.

When do they normally post the proof of time requirements used to determine corrals? I have two halfs in October/November and would love to know what time to shoot for!

When do they normally post the proof of time requirements used to determine corrals? I have two halfs in October/November and would love to know what time to shoot for!

I know pot has to be submitted by Nov. 15th.

I know pot has to be submitted by Nov. 15th.

Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear in my post. I meant this: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/princess/2016/2016-Princess-Corral-Assignments-GSC.pdf that was posted earlier. I'd like to try to adjust my time to get into an earlier corral, but know that they probably change this document every year. Right now the proof of time I submitted would put me in Corral C based on this chart, but I want to make sure that hasn't changed :) Sorry for the confusion!

Yes, sorry I wasn't very clear in my post. I meant this: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/pdf/princess/2016/2016-Princess-Corral-Assignments-GSC.pdf that was posted earlier. I'd like to try to adjust my time to get into an earlier corral, but know that they probably change this document every year. Right now the proof of time I submitted would put me in Corral C based on this chart, but I want to make sure that hasn't changed :) Sorry for the confusion!

It varies ... usually a few weeks prior. The program will be released and then we'll get to find out our bib #'s .. then we all speculate using last year's chart on our corrals .... then the *new* corrals are released.

Over the years, they stay pretty close. As Disney keeps adjusting the POT requirements, the last few corrals may slide around some, but they make the rules anyway

Brian

It depends on how many people submit times and what kinds of times are submitted. It can change every year and they don't post the link that you lasted until all time shave been submitted.

Subscribing! pixiedust:

3 girl friends and I will be travelling to WDW in February for a girls weekend - combo trip for my 40th and the Princess race weekend~!! I am psyched that we got in for the 2017 Glass Slipper Challenge.... It was a lot less stressful than last years Wine & Dine Weekend registration for sure!! I ran solo in last year's Wine & Dine 1/2 of a 1/2 and ran the Jingle Jungle 5k with my 16 yo son. It was exciting and I am officially hooked. We will be staying at POFQ as 2 bathrooms and a comfy bed for each is important! DH cant travel in the winter months because he plows snow, so we are doing a girls weekend instead. My 3 friends have never done a runDisney event before and one in particular has never really ever ran... She is starting the Couch to 1/2 Marathon training now! Needless to say - We have a lot of personal goals and accomplishments to work for. For me - the biggest thing will be to overcome the guilt of leaving my DH and kids behind!! Any advice there?

You won't know until shortly before. You can use it as a guide, but it will mostly likely change a little.

Subscribing! pixiedust:

3 girl friends and I will be travelling to WDW in February for a girls weekend - combo trip for my 40th and the Princess race weekend~!! I am psyched that we got in for the 2017 Glass Slipper Challenge.... It was a lot less stressful than last years Wine & Dine Weekend registration for sure!! I ran solo in last year's Wine & Dine 1/2 of a 1/2 and ran the Jingle Jungle 5k with my 16 yo son. It was exciting and I am officially hooked. We will be staying at POFQ as 2 bathrooms and a comfy bed for each is important! DH cant travel in the winter months because he plows snow, so we are doing a girls weekend instead. My 3 friends have never done a runDisney event before and one in particular has never really ever ran... She is starting the Couch to 1/2 Marathon training now! Needless to say - We have a lot of personal goals and accomplishments to work for. For me - the biggest thing will be to overcome the guilt of leaving my DH and kids behind!! Any advice there?

FQ is fun resort to RD weekends. I hope your getting 2 rms to have 2 BR's and a bed for each body

Hi Everyone! Starting to think about logistics for our Princess 1/2 trip. We are staying at the Dolphin on points -- I know all WDW hotels are now host resorts, but wanted to confirm that Dolphin/Swan are too? Or will I have to walk over to YC/BC or Boardwalk to catch a bus to the starting line?

Just to keep this thread updated for historical purposes...it looks like the Half Marathon has now sold out after a week and a half.

Update: Just kidding, looks like it is available on active.

Last edited:
Hi Everyone! Starting to think about logistics for our Princess 1/2 trip. We are staying at the Dolphin on points -- I know all WDW hotels are now host resorts, but wanted to confirm that Dolphin/Swan are too? Or will I have to walk over to YC/BC or Boardwalk to catch a bus to the starting line?
There have been stops at S&D in the past, you should be good.

FQ is fun resort to RD weekends. I hope your getting 2 rms to have 2 BR's and a bed for each body

Yes! We went for the two rooms at POFR over one junior King suite at Coronado. While I had never stayed at Coronado, I thought the sleeping accommodations at POFQ would be better. While I am an OK bed sharer - others n our group were not so much! :rolleyes1 I have 4 sisters... I could handle sharing a Queen bed for a couple nights! Needless to say - we are booked for 2 connecting rooms at POFQ, hoping for a good code. Thought about a deluxe, but the 1 bed per person/2 bathroom idea won out in the end! And the boat to DTD (excuse me Disney Springs), is an added bonus!

Now - about that Mommy guilt....

Hi All!

My mom and I will be doing the GSC + the 5k - she ran her first GSC last year and this year I'm joining and we're planning on going Coast to Coast.

I'm a former college half-miler and javelin thrower who swore off running after I graduated. So it's been about 12 years since I've run seriously. I'll be following the Galloway run/walk program - my goal is to finish and not reinjure myself and have fun with my awesome mom!

Hi ladies!

I have wanted to do the Princess for years and am finally doing it! I had originally planned to go with my mom and sisters, but they all ditched on me. Instead, I am taking my 2 daughters! They are 18 and 14 and this will be their first half. This will be my 3rd - my dh and I did Wine & Dine in 2010 and Rebel Challenge in 2015. We are planning on doing the Dark Side Challenge this year too. I am so excited about the race and the time alone with my girls!

We have been trying to run at least 3x week. We are working on run 3 walk 2 intervals right now, but this Texas heat is brutal!

I have not made any trip plans yet, but I need to start thinking about that soon!

If you submit a POT from a 10k for the half do they take on a certain percentage of time or something to determine your corral?

Welp. After an unfortunate check-up with my doctor, it looks like I'm out on the Ultra - but back in on Princess! And now it's a girl trip! So excited to get another girls run weekend together.

We're going all-out on the Princess-y stuff this time - Royal Room at Port Orleans, and ALL the Princess meals. And one of our friends is not only doing her first RunDisney race, but it's also her first trip to Walt Disney World!

So exciting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter