2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

Does anyone know when we can purchase the "In Training" shirts. Are those usually available on the Disney Store website?
They were on disneystore.com on/just after registration day for this years princess and this years wine and dine - I have it for both. Thy are usually only up for a very limited time and take long to ship because thy take all the orders and then have them made.

Funny! I'm disgustingly nauseous! I don't know what I'll do if I don't get in!!!

Well, this is my first run Disney event, so maybe I don't know what to expect, lol :laughing: I know the glass slipper challenge usually goes incredibly fast, but do people usually not make it into the half marathon? I had planned to be at my computer with my active.com account on the minute when it opens...

Sure!

When I did it, runDisney posted a link on their website on the PHM page. I filled out the info, paid a deferral fee ($55, ouch) and they sent me a confirmation email. They then sent me another email a few weeks later saying they had charged me for the deferral fee.

On June 28 (2 weeks before regular registration) I got an email with a link that was just for me to use to register. The email said I could use the deferral link starting July 5 at noon and that the link expires on July 19 at 8PM. After I signed myself up for the 5K on Tuesday, I went ahead and used the deferral link. I was charged the difference between last year's GSC price and this year's GSC price to register ($15.99). Then I got a normal confirmation saying I was signed up for GSC.

A couple of things about deferrals...
- There are a limited number of spots available - I also had to defer PDC to 2017 and I think deferrals for that race filled up in 30 minutes or something crazy!
- runDisney does not publicly post when deferrals are available...I happened to see that they were posted for Princess. @Keels luckily tipped me off that they were up for Tink weekend
- They could go away at any time...I have a feeling that runDisney will some day not offer a deferral option - none of my local races do!
- You cannot defer 5Ks or kids races. I was signed up for the 2016 Princess 5K and I just lost that registration fee altogether because I ended up not making the trip

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Great explanation. That was exactly my experience. I will add that you have to register for the exact same race. Half to half or GSC to GSC, etc.

YAY!!!

Official prediction (even though my predictions have been awful lately)...10K medal will be the same as last year with a rose instead of a seashell. And updated ribbon. See mock-up below and bask in my MS Paint Skillz. :)
View attachment 181051

I think it's a pretty good prediction...and I am very jealous of your skillz.

I'm on the disgustingly nauseous band wagon, too! I will be extremely bummed if I can't get registered tomorrow!

I'm in this boat, too. I haven't posted before, but I ran the Princess Half this year, and I'm hoping to do the GSC. I'm so nervous about tomorrow!

Sending lots of pixie dust to everyone registering tomorrow... I hope you get into the races you want without problems! :grouphug:

Do not get frustrated if the race is "on hold" - it's better to get that message than to have the servers crash :laughing:

You got this! :thumbsup2:woohoo:

Great explanation. That was exactly my experience. I will add that you have to register for the exact same race. Half to half or GSC to GSC, etc.
I THINK you can transfer, but it seems a little dicey...you need to pay a transfer fee (in addition to the deferral fee that was already paid), and don't you, like, sign up for the race you ACTUALLY want and then fill out a form or something - or you sign up for the link they send you but they only transfer you if the race you want is full?
I think it's a pretty good prediction...and I am very jealous of your skillz.
*flex* :P

Sorry if this is a silly question but I've ordered a "performance jacket", what will it have on the back? I'm doing the Glass Slipper challenge so I'm hoping it has "Glass Slipper" on the back? Many thanks xxx

Sorry if this is a silly question but I've ordered a "performance jacket", what will it have on the back? I'm doing the Glass Slipper challenge so I'm hoping it has "Glass Slipper" on the back? Many thanks xxx
You won't know for sure until you actually pick it up at the expo, but I'm guessing that the pre-order jacket will NOT be event-specific. I think it'll be a general "Princess Half Marathon Weekend" design. There likely will be event-specific PHM and GSC jackets available at the expo, though.

I think this was last year's pre-order jacket:
s-l1600.jpg

Thanks so much for posting this picture, not sure which one I want now lol! I really wanted one that was specifically for my Glass Slipper but at least this way if they have sold out by the time I manage to make it to the Expo, at least I still have a jacket to commemorate the event :) Thanks again for answering my question, I'm so excited for the Challenge!!

Thanks so much for posting this picture, not sure which one I want now lol! I really wanted one that was specifically for my Glass Slipper but at least this way if they have sold out by the time I manage to make it to the Expo, at least I still have a jacket to commemorate the event :) Thanks again for answering my question, I'm so excited for the Challenge!!
No prob! And keep in mind that the pre-order jacket won't look exactly like that one, but I think it would be a similar design. :)

This might be a really weird question - but, humor me: people were saying to be logged in to your active.com account and ready to sign up when it hits noon. If I click on the registration link from rundisney.com, is it going to...realize that I've already logged in to my active.com account? Does that make sense? I'm logged in on another tab, but every time I search "disney princess half marathon" it doesn't bring anything up (assuming because registration isn't open yet). Just trying to be sure that when I do click on it, it will know that I am logged in and recognize me....

This might be a really weird question - but, humor me: people were saying to be logged in to your active.com account and ready to sign up when it hits noon. If I click on the registration link from rundisney.com, is it going to...realize that I've already logged in to my active.com account? Does that make sense? I'm logged in on another tab, but every time I search "disney princess half marathon" it doesn't bring anything up (assuming because registration isn't open yet). Just trying to be sure that when I do click on it, it will know that I am logged in and recognize me....
As long as you are using the same browser and your log-in hasn't timed out, it should know it's you.

In addition to what @Ariel484 just posted, note that I clicked on her link posted above and it shows the landing page for Princess 1/2 Marathon on Active - it shows that registration is not open yet, but more importantly right now, shows me as signed in :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter