2017 Disney Princess Half Marathon Weekend

I am prepping for Tuesday. Thanks for the tip about the Active Advantage one month trial -- I will definitely do that. I need to register both my brother and me for the GSC and my sister and daughter for the 10k. Which should I be doing first? (in other words, which will sell out first?)
10K for sure. Use multiple devices if possible. Good luck!

Does anyone know when we can purchase the "In Training" shirts. Are those usually available on the Disney Store website?

Last edited:

What year did they start assigning a princess to the race?
I guess I would say 2014, which is when they started doing the 10K and GSC. Before that it was a generic tiara medal and shirt for the half, but the 5K was themed:

2009: shield with swords on the 5K medallion - didn't seem to be themed to a specific Princess
2010: Princess and the Frog 5K medallion
2011: Beauty and the Beast 5K medallion
2012: Tangled 5K medallion
2013: Minnie and Mickey 5K medallion for 5th anniversary
2014: Cinderella (I think this is the first year the entire weekend had the same theme)
2015: Frozen
2016: Little Mermaid

I guess I would say 2014, which is when they started doing the 10K and GSC. Before that it was a generic tiara medal and shirt for the half, but the 5K was themed:

2009: shield with swords on the 5K medallion - didn't seem to be themed to a specific Princess
2010: Princess and the Frog 5K medallion
2011: Beauty and the Beast 5K medallion
2012: Tangled 5K medallion
2013: Minnie and Mickey 5K medallion for 5th anniversary
2014: Cinderella (I think this is the first year the entire weekend had the same theme)
2015: Frozen
2016: Little Mermaid
Thank you! I was thinking they recently did B&B and didn't think they would repeat it so soon. (can you tell I really don't want it to be B&B since she's my favorite and I'm still majorly undecided on going lol)

Thank you! I was thinking they recently did B&B and didn't think they would repeat it so soon. (can you tell I really don't want it to be B&B since she's my favorite and I'm still majorly undecided on going lol)
I thought the same thing! They hadn't done Snow White yet and there were other signs pointing to it being here, so I was convinced it would be...but I like Belle being the theme way better! :)

I thought the same thing! They hadn't done Snow White yet and there were other signs pointing to it being here, so I was convinced it would be...but I like Belle being the theme way better! :)
Can I ask you about deferral? How does the process work?

Getting really excited and nervous about registration tomorrow! My hubby and I are signing up for our first half marathon, and my in-laws are signing up for the 10k. I did my first official 10k on Saturday, and beat my goal, so I'm hoping for a decent coral placement. We will probably do one more in the fall to try and bring our time down just a little bit, but if not, I'm pretty happy with my time.

Can I ask you about deferral? How does the process work?
Sure!

When I did it, runDisney posted a link on their website on the PHM page. I filled out the info, paid a deferral fee ($55, ouch) and they sent me a confirmation email. They then sent me another email a few weeks later saying they had charged me for the deferral fee.

On June 28 (2 weeks before regular registration) I got an email with a link that was just for me to use to register. The email said I could use the deferral link starting July 5 at noon and that the link expires on July 19 at 8PM. After I signed myself up for the 5K on Tuesday, I went ahead and used the deferral link. I was charged the difference between last year's GSC price and this year's GSC price to register ($15.99). Then I got a normal confirmation saying I was signed up for GSC.

A couple of things about deferrals...
- There are a limited number of spots available - I also had to defer PDC to 2017 and I think deferrals for that race filled up in 30 minutes or something crazy!
- runDisney does not publicly post when deferrals are available...I happened to see that they were posted for Princess. @Keels luckily tipped me off that they were up for Tink weekend
- They could go away at any time...I have a feeling that runDisney will some day not offer a deferral option - none of my local races do!
- You cannot defer 5Ks or kids races. I was signed up for the 2016 Princess 5K and I just lost that registration fee altogether because I ended up not making the trip

Hope this makes sense. Let me know if you have any other questions! :)

Sad thought I just had. If I hadn't gone through a travel agency, this would've been the second runDisney event I would've had to have registered for at a funeral in the past year and a half... If the princess had been Pocahontas I would've cried. That was the only movie my grandmother who just passed away took me to when I was little. And of course Disney has little adult merchandise for her and I can't find anything to honor her with that's Pocahontas related

Run Disney just posted this to their Facebook page, so I'm going to (excitedly) say Belle is definite! :lovestruc

Attachments

• 13603249_1486869914672299_7036046632402696466_o.jpg
    13603249_1486869914672299_7036046632402696466_o.jpg
    128.5 KB · Views: 47
YAY!!!

Official prediction (even though my predictions have been awful lately)...10K medal will be the same as last year with a rose instead of a seashell. And updated ribbon. See mock-up below and bask in my MS Paint Skillz. :)
View attachment 181051

Yessssss. I hope it looks as beautiful as this MS Paint Image.

I think the ribbon will probably be yellow with red letters. Maybe the glass slipper medal with have a yellow 'glow' like Ariel's had the green tint.

YAY!!!

Official prediction (even though my predictions have been awful lately)...10K medal will be the same as last year with a rose instead of a seashell. And updated ribbon. See mock-up below and bask in my MS Paint Skillz. :)
View attachment 181051

I quickly glanced at your post and got unreasonably excited for a second. I thought that they released a sneak peek of the medal, until I saw the typed in 2017 and green ribbon with bubbles. Then I was sad and confused until I read the rest. LOL. I love it!!
Apparently I need more coffee because Monday is doing a number on me!! :rotfl::surfweb:

I quickly glanced at your post and got unreasonably excited for a second. I thought that they released a sneak peek of the medal, until I saw the typed in 2017 and green ribbon with bubbles. Then I was sad and confused until I read the rest. LOL. I love it!!
Apparently I need more coffee because Monday is doing a number on me!! :rotfl::surfweb:
With the way runDisney is operating lately, I am not expecting to see the medals until early 2017. :)

For anyone flying from BOS to MCO Princess weekend, I've been watching airfare and it's been around $425+. Today Delta has a couple direct flights for $328.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter