2017-18 NHL Playoffs—all welcome

When the Jets lost their last playoff round a few years ago (4-0 series) against Anaheim the final game was in Winnipeg. Our fans gave them a rousing ovation for a great season despite not winning a playoff game.
This time I noticed Nashville fans just walked out after their loss without an ovation for their team. Not very classy.

Whenever I hear Fleury of think of Theo Fleury.

Canadian arenas are LOUD. No idea what the PP is getting the idea that they are quiet.

Canadian arenas are LOUD. No idea what the PP is getting the idea that they are quiet.

The impression I got after VGK scored was that the Jets crowd went silent and wasn't encouraging their team after being scored on. Of course, without being there I can't claim that definitively. Watching on TV certainly distorts the experience!

Loving this series already, even being 0-1 (and uh, obviously who wouldn't rather be 1-0...). I just love watching good hockey being played!

When the Jets lost their last playoff round a few years ago (4-0 series) against Anaheim the final game was in Winnipeg. Our fans gave them a rousing ovation for a great season despite not winning a playoff game.
This time I noticed Nashville fans just walked out after their loss without an ovation for their team. Not very classy.

Whenever I hear Fleury of think of Theo Fleury.

I noticed that too. After every home loss in Nashville, there were so many empty seats with half a period to go.

The impression I got after VGK scored was that the Jets crowd went silent and wasn't encouraging their team after being scored on. Of course, without being there I can't claim that definitively. Watching on TV certainly distorts the experience!

Loving this series already, even being 0-1 (and uh, obviously who wouldn't rather be 1-0...). I just love watching good hockey being played!

I specifically meant I wouldn’t want to be down 1-0 in this series. Of course trailing in any series sucks but at this level, against this team, I think you’ll be chasing the lead the rest of the way.

We won yesterday, but it was by far our best game. I do think we had a lot of leftover energy from our Game 7. A truer representation, I think, will be game 2.

There’s constant chanting at all times. I’ve been to many games and they are far from silent ever.

There’s constant chanting at all times. I’ve been to many games and they are far from silent ever.

That's super encouraging to know!! And I should clarify my previous point--of course noise doesn't necessarily mean support. I think it's gross the way (not to take this thread away from hockey!) so many Yankees "fans" booed Stanton after he had a minor weak streak. Nothing disgusts me more than fair-weather fans! I love the passion Jets fans have for such a new team!

That's super encouraging to know!! And I should clarify my previous point--of course noise doesn't necessarily mean support. I think it's gross the way (not to take this thread away from hockey!) so many Yankees "fans" booed Stanton after he had a minor weak streak. Nothing disgusts me more than fair-weather fans! I love the passion Jets fans have for such a new team!

I wouldn’t necessarily call a team in their 7th season ‘new’, especially given the fact that they were missed every day they were gone..but I get your point.

Call me a snob or whatever but it drives me NUTS to see so many bandwagon fans. Where were you when we were missing the playoffs year after year? I have friends on FB who were 100% against their return..taking money from other programs (even though it was private money that bought them), they’ll distract from the Moose (our AHL team), but now post memes every day on how they’re 100% behind the team.

Ok, rant over before I really turn into a grumpy old lady lol

I wouldn’t necessarily call a team in their 7th season ‘new’, especially given the fact that they were missed every day they were gone..but I get your point.

Call me a snob or whatever but it drives me NUTS to see so many bandwagon fans. Where were you when we were missing the playoffs year after year? I have friends on FB who were 100% against their return..taking money from other programs (even though it was private money that bought them), they’ll distract from the Moose (our AHL team), but now post memes every day on how they’re 100% behind the team.

Ok, rant over before I really turn into a grumpy old lady lol

Hahaha, fully legit rant. Bandwagon fans are the worst! I live in New England...curious to see what kind of support the Pats will have after Brady retires and Bellichik leaves! (No disrespect intended against legit Pats fans who were there in the less successful years!)

There is no way I can ever see anyone in Winnipeg booing one of our Jets. Once you have lost them once you know how to appreciate them.
Never ever in the last 7 years have I ever heard of anything remotely like that. Maybe Evander Kane and his off ice antics but that is it.

After our last playoff run a few years ago they even showed a clip on ESPN about the Jets getting a end of season 5 minute standing ovation love in from their fans even after losing 4 playoff games in a row. They compared that to the Oiler fans who booed their players as they came off the ice after being defeated.

Last edited:

Nashville fans gave their team an ovation after game 7. True, it appeared about half had departed, but those remaining certainly did cheer.

That’s what it’s looking like now. Still a lot of games left though. I think tonight will give a better picture on Winnipeg vs Vegas.

Looking like now?? They won ONE game. ONE. At home.

Sure, throw in the caveat that there's still a lot to play, but winning one game at home is much different than the Caps winning both games soundly while on the road.

Of course, people are going nuts in Winnipeg. IT'S WINNIPEG. There's nothing else to do there.

Looking like now?? They won ONE game. ONE. At home.

Sure, throw in the caveat that there's still a lot to play, but winning one game at home is much different than the Caps winning both games soundly while on the road.

Of course, people are going nuts in Winnipeg. IT'S WINNIPEG. There's nothing else to do there.

Or the Jets winning three games on the road..including a game 7..in one of the hardest buildings in the league (supposibly).

Go on, tell me all about Winnipeg.

Nashville fans gave their team an ovation after game 7. True, it appeared about half had departed, but those remaining certainly did cheer.
I stand corrected! I didn't notice. Maybe CBC pulled away and was doing interviews with the Jets. My apologies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter