2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just called in to ask if can add free dining online. She said she would call in. If I change dates should be able to online. I asked if she heard any spec on the dates people have about Disney accidentally posting dates for a Sec. She said never heard that. But said from one birdie to another. Def keep eyes open in next few weeks. She knows what week I have. So I'm hoping she was saying I'm good for October 22. Or hurry and change. Lol. Killing me

My kids are always on the lookout for alligators but we haven't seen one yet!
We saw a five foot long one living in the Cabanas pond at Coronado Springs. :)

Personally am not looking for free dining but a room discount, which I hope comes out at the same time. This is a great thread with lots of good information.
The room only discount for 2017 won't come out until later in the year.

http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/#2015
Looking at this info it looks like room discounts come out later. The early fall dates were released pretty close but late October through December didn't come out until July. Am I seeing it correctly?
Yes

Too much stress. I may say screw it and take room discount and just pony up for rest of dinning or just do one or two dinners. Idk

I am waking up early every morning and checking. Normally I don't like looking at my clock because I can't get back to sleep. I wish they would announce it soon before I pick up this sleep pattern. That would not be good. :crazy2::guilty::scared:

I am on the fence on if I want to do FD or just a room discount. I already booked the DP so I was planning to pay that amount. Taking a percentage off the amount I expected to pay without all of the headache of adding park hopping, changing this and that just to save about the same amount just seems like a pain... :/ Also, the math has me confused on what is even a better deal at this point...

This is so nerve racking and exciting!
This is our third year going as a family to WDW, and also our third time waiting anxiously for FD! We have been lucky both years getting it. It is a money saver for our family of 5. Last year, I booked my dates before the release, hoping that I could get online the morning of the release and change it with no problems. I don't know if it is because we are in Canada, but it would not apply the offer online! So I ended up just booking a new reservation, and cancelling the old one. So for this year, we did not pre-book our dates, we are waiting for it to be released.

I am a bit nervous this year, as I have noticed that even just playing around with certain dates using the rumored dates, it is not showing much availability!!

Anyone else like us and waiting, but a bit nervous about the lack of rooms showing right now?

What if you get a UOC can you just apply that to your reservation or is that limited too?

sometimes the UOCs have more dates and less resorts that are excluded. My sister got a UOC in 2013 for FD that we used to book at POFQ which was excluded from the GP offer; there were no standard rooms, we had to upgrade to Garden View.

This is our third year going as a family to WDW, and also our third time waiting anxiously for FD! We have been lucky both years getting it. It is a money saver for our family of 5. Last year, I booked my dates before the release, hoping that I could get online the morning of the release and change it with no problems. I don't know if it is because we are in Canada, but it would not apply the offer online! So I ended up just booking a new reservation, and cancelling the old one. So for this year, we did not pre-book our dates, we are waiting for it to be released.

I am a bit nervous this year, as I have noticed that even just playing around with certain dates using the rumored dates, it is not showing much availability!!

Anyone else like us and waiting, but a bit nervous about the lack of rooms showing right now?

I have also been experiencing certain room categories being unavailable for the predicted dates. A bit surprising for some of them, as they are not prime travel times.

I haven't made a reservation yet. I'm still hoping there will be additional dates/changes to the dates that have been listed.

I got a UOC for the summer offer and it said availability was limited.
Thank-you! I got an UOC by mail for the summer and one in an email for the summer but I can't use either one.:sad: I couldn't remember if it said rooms were limited to availability, but I thought they probably were. I probably won't get one for fall because thats when I need one.

I have noticed since the rumoured dates were announced a lot more rooms have disappeared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter