2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I'm new to all this, but was hoping someone could help me. I booked through a CAA travel agent, but can I modify my own reservation on line without going through the travel agent? She is not in the office until 10 on Mondays.

Hi, I'm new to all this, but was hoping someone could help me. I booked through a CAA travel agent, but can I modify my own reservation on line without going through the travel agent? She is not in the office until 10 on Mondays.
We booked through AAA travel agent and spoke to her this past Thursday and she told me she would have to make any changes to our reservations.

rumored dates are
aug23-October 1
Nov 11-21
Nov 26-28
Dec 10-21
Where are you seeing the Nov 11th start date? The rumor that we had seen based on what was seen on the TA website briefly had said 11/15-11/21. 11/11 would be awesome, personally I am thinking if it's earlier than 11/15 then it might be 11/13 (once Jersey week is over which is what they have typically done in the past).

Question for everyone. Assuming that they release the discounts early for Disney cardholders what is the process to book with one. I don't have one, but my parents who will be along on the trip do. I was hoping I could use their Visa to get the trip booked earlier and them put the deposit on the trip. Then I was hoping that I could take over the reservation for just my portion of the trip. Is that something that is easily doable or am I stuck waiting till the GP were released if it is separately. There is just the two of us, but since we are staying at a MOD, I believe it is still a better discount for us to do the free dining. We like to do Universal a couple days, and then use the extra TS credits to do a couple signature meals.

I initially felt confident that the release date would be April 25th. Now I am deciding to really keep my ear to the ground on here because it could be April 18th or any day this week (usually Mondays or Thrusdays).

I guess there is no way to book with a Disney agent I've been working with, correct? Since I am not booking until FD drops and she doesn't work that early in the am.

Also, I plan to make the booking first and then ask for a quote for two different room options afterward. I hope that won't take too much of the agents time but I want to solidly have the booking in place and then compare.

What is the time again people have gotten through to an agent EST?

I need two rooms so I think I'm stuck having to call in.

Am I the only person who physically cannot/does not trust that a TA would work this hard for me? I have to do this all myself.

Glad everyone is enjoying this thread as much as I am!

You can book 2 rooms online as 2 reservations. Make sure to put your name on one and DH on the other, and add the kids accordingly. Then you can call in later once the madness dies down and have the reservations linked, making sure the CM knows you need connecting rooms. I booked 4 rooms online last year in the middle of the night on release date for our big group.

Question for everyone. Assuming that they release the discounts early for Disney cardholders what is the process to book with one. I don't have one, but my parents who will be along on the trip do. I was hoping I could use their Visa to get the trip booked earlier and them put the deposit on the trip. Then I was hoping that I could take over the reservation for just my portion of the trip. Is that something that is easily doable or am I stuck waiting till the GP were released if it is separately. There is just the two of us, but since we are staying at a MOD, I believe it is still a better discount for us to do the free dining. We like to do Universal a couple days, and then use the extra TS credits to do a couple signature meals.

If there is a DV release you will have to call it in. As long as one person from the traveling party has a DV you can book. The deposit for each room must be put on the DV. You will want to have each party link their reservation in their MDE account. Then when it comes time to pay the balance each party makes their own payments. I put deposits down on my card last year (we anticipated early DV release but it didn't happen), then everyone took over their own payments after that.

I initially felt confident that the release date would be April 25th. Now I am deciding to really keep my ear to the ground on here because it could be April 18th or any day this week (usually Mondays or Thrusdays).

I guess there is no way to book with a Disney agent I've been working with, correct? Since I am not booking until FD drops and she doesn't work that early in the am.

Also, I plan to make the booking first and then ask for a quote for two different room options afterward. I hope that won't take too much of the agents time but I want to solidly have the booking in place and then compare.

What is the time again people have gotten through to an agent EST?

I need two rooms so I think I'm stuck having to call in.

Am I the only person who physically cannot/does not trust that a TA would work this hard for me? I have to do this all myself.

Glad everyone is enjoying this thread as much as I am!
Here's what I would do...

Book the two rooms yourself online when the promo drops. You will probably have to make two seperate reservations. Don't stress. You will know a lot about what will happen once we get confirmation that the promo is going live.

Once you have the reservations in hand, relax until the rush is over. You can still transfer the reservation to your travel agent and that person can fix them so they are on the same reservation. And yes, they will still get paid as normal so there is plenty of reason for them to do a great job for you.

You can book 2 rooms online as 2 reservations. Make sure to put your name on one and DH on the other, and add the kids accordingly. Then you can call in later once the madness dies down and have the reservations linked, making sure the CM knows you need connecting rooms. I booked 4 rooms online last year in the middle of the night on release date for our big group.

If there is a DV release you will have to call it in. As long as one person from the traveling party has a DV you can book. The deposit for each room must be put on the DV. You will want to have each party link their reservation in their MDE account. Then when it comes time to pay the balance each party makes their own payments. I put deposits down on my card last year (we anticipated early DV release but it didn't happen), then everyone took over their own payments after that.
Thank you! Hoping I can get a couple extra days to book it, but not relying on it!

Does anyone know if room discounts are as hard to get as FD? Is there only a certain amount of rooms set aside for that discount too?

I am booked for October 22 week. Doesn't look good as of now with rumors. If I switch to arriving on October 1. I can get whole week of free dining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter