2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone actually able to book anything for December? My dates qualify, but when I try to book ANY resort for ANY time during the offer, I get an error when I try to add the confirmed available (by going through the dining offer link)... "
  • Sorry, we were unable to add the vacation package to your cart at this time, please try again."
CSR Dec 12 arrival. We were booked for POR, but had this as our second choice if it was excluded. Switched it over (Standard View) a bit before 7

Has everyone booked FD? what did you get?
We got CS Water view for Sept. 10--18th.
That was the only MOD available for FD our week stay.

Room only offer
Enjoy back-to-school savings and captivate your entire family with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort—exciting new entertainment, events and attractions are waiting to be explored.
Take advantage of this great offer to save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Book now through August 31, 2016 for stays most nights August 26 through November 5, 2016. Other great rates may be available for stays most nights August 1 through August 25, 2016.
No matter when you choose to travel, there’s always something uniquely fun to experience in all 4 parks—from world-class attractions to fireworks spectaculars to unforgettable Character Greetings and beyond!

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View chart to check out sample savings within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios Only
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard Room/Pool View Rooms
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savanna View/Club Level Rooms
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
Save up to 20%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
Save up to 15%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Do you have a link to this?

We went with the room only offer. Since we already have tickets we just couldn't bring ourselves to fork over more money for tickets when the idea is we might upgrade what we have to an AP anyways. We also may be doing Universal days and some other Orlando area attraction days so the dinning credits would sit there either unused or given to other people. My fiance finally admitted he hates the dinning plan because he would rather eat when he feels like it and what level he feels like rather than feel forced to eat x number of quick service x number of table service and x number of snacks. For a whole week we currently have 3 TS and waiting on one more to open and past that we probably won't eat TS the rest of the week so the DDP just didn't make sense.

Did not at all expect to book at trip today but found a great deal for CBR in Dec w FD. This will be the first time staying at CBR but I'm excited to check it out. I'm just thrilled we found such a good price. We went last Nov and stayed at the Cabins at FW but knew that we would see big changes in the cost for our next trip (at least a year in the future) because we would go from paying for 2 adults and 2 kids to 3 adults and 2 kids since 2 of our kids were aging into new price brackets (9yo turns 10 and 2yo turns 3). When we priced things out without the FD it was twice what had been paying to go, even staying at the value resorts (only those w suites bc we have 5 ppl that all count as "ppl" now that our 2yo no longer falls in the infant category where Disney in concerned), and we all know that even the cheapest trip isn't really "cheap" for most ppl. The rate we got was actually a little less than our trip last year. We upgraded the DP to Deluxe last year but had already decided to move down to the Disney DP bc there was just too much food and we were spending way to much time sitting at TS restaurants to eat. So we saved there I guess. I'm just over the moon that we found something that will allow us to go back sooner than we thought. Its not the BEST week in terms of school with the kids (which is why its such a good deal) - its the week before they get out for Christmas break but I'm hoping that that will mean that things will be winding down and they won't miss that much. They go to a private school that is pretty relaxed about missing school for family vacations as long as the work gets done. Its also kind of a crazy week bc its so close to Christmas and my DH is a pastor so thats a really busy time for us, but we'll see how we can work things out. We went ahead and paid the dep so we know we have the rate. If we change our minds we'll either cancel within the cancelation period or move the dates to maybe Spring Break - although I know we won't get any where near as good a deal as this is for us. Hmmm. I'm excited but now I have to think about all of this!:-)

Has everyone booked FD? what did you get?
We got CS Water view for Sept. 10--18th.
That was the only MOD available for FD our week stay.

I got up in the middle of then night. The only mod I could get for 9/10 - 9/18 was a Royal Room at POR. I may or may not try to downgrade to a regular room later. My little princess (5) would love the Royal Room.

Booked BC club level one bedroom with FD for Dec 10-16. We have a group of 5 (me, DH, DMom and twin 2.5 year olds), so we need the extra space.

Planned to go in April/May 2017 before the kids turn 3 and held two garden view rooms at Contemporary, but BC in December might be better. :)

Hoping that my TA is able to get my dates on the DV offer. If not no big deal, but still hoping for some magic.

I got up in the middle of then night. The only mod I could get for 9/10 - 9/18 was a Royal Room at POR. I may or may not try to downgrade to a regular room later. My little princess (5) would love the Royal Room.
I'm hoping parks won't be super crowded that week. We'll be there the same week. Those Royal rooms are so pretty, in my family I'm the only Girl so there's no way the guys would want to stay there.

So...we were booked at POR prior to the announcement and didn't get free dining. We're going no matter what, but I'm supper bummed. The room only discount didn't give us any savings either...that makes me super bummed. The only option is to book at ASM and upgrade to the regular dining plan. This would save us about $1100 BUT I'm just not sold on a value resort. I've stayed at value resorts before but told myself never again, because the room is so much smaller, one sink...blah, blah. Would you change your reservation from POR to ASM to save $1000?

I peeked at checking in 12/21 for 3 nights and only preferred view availability at the mods. No availability at the values. I have a reservation though DVC already in place, but I was hoping maybe something good would pop out but ... nope. Least expensive was $2665 for 3 nights for 4 people in a pirate room at CBR :headache:.

So...we were booked at POR prior to the announcement and didn't get free dining. We're going no matter what, but I'm supper bummed. The room only discount didn't give us any savings either...that makes me super bummed. The only option is to book at ASM and upgrade to the regular dining plan. This would save us about $1100 BUT I'm just not sold on a value resort. I've stayed at value resorts before but told myself never again, because the room is so much smaller, one sink...blah, blah. Would you change your reservation from POR to ASM to save $1000?

Me? Absolutely! But, I'm always going to go the cheapest route. Disney is making plenty off me anyway. I also love ASM, especially Calypso. Probably would have gone there this trip, but we wanted to try a different resort. I know that ASSports is not a huge difference, but we still thought it would be fun. As for the money, $1000 will pay a lot of gratuities, buy a nice batch of souvenirs, or pay for more gas than I could possibly use on the trip. Having said all that, you have to do what makes you happy! It's your vacations, enjoy it the way you best see fit.

So far my TA just got off the phone and they told her that free dining was for Canadians only. I told her that i got a visa email stating that it wasn't and it was for my dates. I even told her i could book a new royal room at Port Orleans myself without issue. I don't understand how Disney is saying what they are saying. I am going Aug 14th and they told her that its for Aug 23rd.

I am so undecided. I got POR this am, but now I am seeing All Star Music available, with the upgraded dining on the value its still $435 more to to POR for 6 nights. Is that worth the cost?

I am so undecided. I got POR this am, but now I am seeing All Star Music available, with the upgraded dining on the value its still $435 more to to POR for 6 nights. Is that worth the cost?

It's a tough question for sure. I personally love ASM. Have stayed there 3 times and have always had a great time. It is a very kid friendly atmosphere, so if you have children that may influence you somewhat. I know POR is a very nice resort, with a great pool. But you have to weigh the savings against how much time you actually are going to stay at the hotel. For us, this fall trip is much more about park time, so the value resort is just fine with me. We are staying at Sports. (never been there before)
POR is more a classy adult style place, our 11 yr old probably would not be into it. I like to save money, that saving can be used in plenty of other places.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter