2016 Free Dining Watch

When are you trying to travel?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just got off the phone with a WDW cast member and I am not sure if things have changed from the past, or if she has no idea what she is talking about. If the free dining promotion is released with the end date of the August/Oct period ending on October 1st. If I currently have a reservation made from 9/30-10/14- wouldn't I be eligible for the entire stay of free dining since we would be checking in on the 9/30 date? She told me that only the 9/30 and 10/1 would be eligible and the rest of the stay wouldn't be covered. This is definitely different from terms in the past. We are probably going to reduce our stay to 9/30-10/11, but I am afraid to make any date changes until we know what promotions will be released. She also told me that doing modifications online will most likely be unsuccessful and I would have to call... thoughts? =(

She doesn't know what she's talking about (and a lot don't, sadly).

RO discounts are date specific like that. Package discounts aren't. Package discounts affect a portion of the package that can't be broken up like a room discount can be. The DP is an all or nothing thing with normal reservation - there's no way to break it up, that's why the discount on it is all or nothing.

You're good :)

So I just got off the phone with a WDW cast member and I am not sure if things have changed from the past, or if she has no idea what she is talking about. If the free dining promotion is released with the end date of the August/Oct period ending on October 1st. If I currently have a reservation made from 9/30-10/14- wouldn't I be eligible for the entire stay of free dining since we would be checking in on the 9/30 date? She told me that only the 9/30 and 10/1 would be eligible and the rest of the stay wouldn't be covered. This is definitely different from terms in the past. We are probably going to reduce our stay to 9/30-10/11, but I am afraid to make any date changes until we know what promotions will be released. She also told me that doing modifications online will most likely be unsuccessful and I would have to call... thoughts? =(
Like aaarcher86 said, you would get it your whole stay. It is up to 14 nights though..so you're right at that limit lol. Just something to keep in mind if you're to ever think about adding on a night or something.

What time is everyone going to start checking? I'm going to start checking around 12:15 EST and check every 30 min until 4:30 EST. I'm hoping to get the POR RR for Sept 17-24 with free dining! We have a magical deal booked if that doesn't work out but those rooms seem more toddler friendly to me

I'm gonna just sit back and enjoy the hysteria here as this place ought to be like New Orleans immediately after Katrina.

It's a great one. Tom will suck you in for HOURS AND HOURS. He is an amazing photographer and trip reporter. Anytime I need a Disney jolt, I spend time on his blog. Enjoy!

Agreed! Tom is one of my favorites!

Thanks, your checks are in the mail. ;)

On a serious note--I'm dropping in because I saw traffic coming to my site from this thread, and saw some (what I believe is) mis-information here. This is a seriously long thread so I don't have time to comb through the entire thing, but I notice an August 14 start date going around. From what I've heard, this date is not applicable to the U.S. general offer.

Beyond that, I can't confirm anything definitively (nor can anyone at this point--no definitive info for the U.S. offer has trickled out yet--be skeptical of anyone claiming they are "certain" of this year's dates). Just thought I'd mention that August 14 date, specifically, to save some heartache in case anyone is banking on it.

I suppose it could end up being included, but that would require a change from what was planned. Entirely possible, as all rumors are subject to change (yadda, yadda, yadda)...

On a serious note--I'm dropping in because I saw traffic coming to my site from this thread, and saw some (what I believe is) mis-information here. This is a seriously long thread so I don't have time to comb through the entire thing, but I notice an August 14 start date going around. From what I've heard, this date is not applicable to the U.S. general offer.

Beyond that, I can't confirm anything definitively (nor can anyone at this point--no definitive info for the U.S. offer has trickled out yet--be skeptical of anyone claiming they are "certain" of this year's dates). Just thought I'd mention that August 14 date, specifically, to save some heartache in case anyone is banking on it.

I suppose it could end up being included, but that would require a change from what was planned. Entirely possible, as all rumors are subject to change (yadda, yadda, yadda)...
Thank you for your incredible site! I have loved it for years. Your WDW restaurant reviews are top notch & pls keep those coming! Food pics are top of the line. ps re the speculated Aug 14 start date, that may be a reference to past years Canadian offer. Doubtful that such an early start will be on offer for Cdns this year. Cheers! And thank you again for your great work.

FYI I just called because the website will not allow me to alter/change my in-laws reservation (only mine) although I booked it myself with my Visa. It says to change or cancel that reservation I have to call. I was transferred to "tech help" and the cm there said they were having a ton of computer issues - she couldn't fix it, she put in a trouble ticket and told me to check back in 72 hrs????

Thanks for the check in Tom! I feel like we're in celebrity presence here! ;) Believe it or not this thread moved to a second version for fear that it was approaching "too long" territory. I have followed you since my (and your) early days on Flickr and have enjoying watching your adventures. Best wishes!

FYI I just called because the website will not allow me to alter/change my in-laws reservation (only mine) although I booked it myself with my Visa. It says to change or cancel that reservation I have to call. I was transferred to "tech help" and the cm there said they were having a ton of computer issues - she couldn't fix it, she put in a trouble ticket and told me to check back in 72 hrs????
Have you tried using another browser? I have been having that problem in Chrome and when I switch to Safari or Firefox the Cancel and Change buttons are back.

I'm also having the same issues. And earlier I was trying to add 2 people to a dinner reservation we already have set for 4 and it kept bumping me to the next day and telling me it was conflicting with our reservations that day. They're clearly working on stuff so I"m just gonna sit back and wait for the next couple hours

It went online just after the DIS went offline..

I'm.booked - took.several attempts, kept saying an error had occurred and to try later. I persevered!

Nothing available at Pop so went with ASSp. May upgrade from QSDP to DDP later :flower1:

Get a FREE dining plan when you purchase a non-discounted 5-night/6-day package that includes a room at a select Disney Resort hotel and theme park ticket with Park Hopper or Water Park Fun & More Option.
Offer valid at select Disney Resort hotels for arrivals most nights:
August 23 through October 1, 2016
November 15 through November 21, 2016
November 26 through November 28, 2016
December 10 through December 21, 2016
Book through July 8, 2016.
Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
Disney’s Boardwalk Villas
Disney’s Old Key West Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows – Studios Only
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan

Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Polynesian Resort
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Dining Plan

The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside – Valid only for arrivals August 23 through October 1, 2016)
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
FREE Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan

Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort – Family Suites only
Disney’s Pop Century Resort

in the middle of final process and it's stuck, there was not much at all for MODs, no standards

Room only offer
Enjoy back-to-school savings and captivate your entire family with a visit to Walt Disney World Resort—exciting new entertainment, events and attractions are waiting to be explored.
Take advantage of this great offer to save up to 25% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels. Book now through August 31, 2016 for stays most nights August 26 through November 5, 2016. Other great rates may be available for stays most nights August 1 through August 25, 2016.
No matter when you choose to travel, there’s always something uniquely fun to experience in all 4 parks—from world-class attractions to fireworks spectaculars to unforgettable Character Greetings and beyond!

This special offer is valid for the Disney Resort hotels listed below. View chart to check out sample savings within each Resort Category.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney's BoardWalk Villas
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Jambo House
Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas - Kidani Village
Disney’s Beach Club Villas
The Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Villas & Bungalows - Studios Only
Select Disney Deluxe Resort Hotels
Save up to 25%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Standard Room/Pool View Rooms
Disney's BoardWalk Inn
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Savanna View/Club Level Rooms
Disney’s Contemporary Resort
Disney’s Beach Club Resort
Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
Select Disney Moderate Resort Hotels
Save up to 20%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
Select Disney Value Resort Hotels
Save up to 15%: 8/26/16 - 11/5/16
Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
Disney’s Art of Animation Resort - Family Suites Only
Disney’s Pop Century Resort
The Campsites at Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter