2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
getting the FP+ for the new Frozen ride is my biggest concern, 3 of the kids in our family are obsessed with Frozen; I have to make it happen.
One of the blogs I've been reading (http://www.travelandleisure.com/) recommended this for the Frozen ride:

"Breakfast? When dinner is ~20% more expensive and the #3 restaurant on the Best Values on the Disney Dining Plan list? What gives?! Well, here’s where that “other” variable comes into play, and it’s a big one. When ‘Frozen Ever After’ opens this summer, FastPass+ for it will be a veritable Golden Ticket. Just getting one in the first place might be a challenge, and what happens when your kids want to do the attraction twice? Wait 2+ hours in standby? Well, hopefully, if you make an ADR for breakfast at Akershus an hour before park opening, you’ll be in prime position to do Frozen Ever After once via standby with no wait, and then use your FastPass+ for a second ride. We’ll have a better idea whether this strategy will work (it should) once the attraction actually opens, but for now, it’s a really smart ADR to make."

I don't know if it will work but I just finished reading it and I thought I'd share.

Good luck! :goofy::tinker:

Wow, I have been away all weekend, and I have a lot of catching up to do. I am seriously hoping for a midnight release this year! Either way, I will enjoy being in good Disney obsessed company. We are as thick as thieves at this point :grouphug:. May our wait be short, and the server stay up until we are all booked.
That would be wonderful seeing as I have to work tomorrow whether I stay up all night or not lol

So Black, why the abrupt ending of RO in early November? Seem like I remember them going into at least Mid November last few years. Have past crowd levels taken the best (secret) month of the year to visit and made it too popular?
:)

Last year they released partial Room Discount dates on the same day as Free Dining, which were only through October 3. They released October 4-December later in July. I'm actually surprised these are going into November this early.

Are all the rooms in CBR redone? Do they all have the pull down beds I'm thinkzing about moving there from the AoA family suite I'd save a Hundy on the room AND get free dining. Side ? is the bus service really that bad there?

Cheers black!

tumblr_nik6b7W97a1s2wio8o1_500.gif

More like a bit of bourbon on the rocks....

Are all the rooms in CBR redone? Do they all have the pull down beds I'm thinkzing about moving there from the AoA family suite I'd save a Hundy on the room AND get free dining. Side ? is the bus service really that bad there?

I think all but the pirate rooms have now been completed. Not all the updated rooms have murphy beds.

Ooo I want to see that! Tell us how is was when you come back please!
I thought it was great, they did a good job balancing the live action realism with some callbacks to the original cartoon.

At what time are these discounts usually released? Midnight? 7am? noon?
We don't know. Could be anytime between midnight and 7am... Probably not in the middle of the day though.

What are people's thoughts on the 9am est. release that's being talked about?
No, the release time is 7am EST, not 9am like was mentioned somewhere else.

We made a booking last month at CBR for late September. My wife insisted that we book through an authorized Disney TA to increase our odds of getting FD. Having this out of my control is driving me nuts! I'm too much of a control freak. Never again
I would also be insane if I had to wait for a TA.

We're booked Poly 11/16-11/22. We are not changing resorts. I would just like to apply FD if it is available. So... am I better off attempting to modify my existing ressie or create a completely new one? I know it could be 6 in one, 1/2 dozen in another, but I wanted to ask the experts!
You will only be able to add free dining if there is availability. You might be able to modify your existing reservation on your MDE account. If that doesn't work then you would have to call in. Some people will book a new reservation instead of waiting on the phone to get through to an agent, but it is up to you if you want to do that.

Does anyone know if they are releasing free dining tomorrow for just Disney Visa card holders or GP too? Usually its DV first?
There has never been any indication that it will be released to Disney Visa card holders first so the speculation is that it will be for the general public tomorrow. :)

)should I book NOW and then call tomorrow AM and add on the FD or RO discount?
Wait for tomorrow. You can only add free dining if there is availability, so you might as well wait and get it right the first time. :)

How many people in your party? Last year room only discount saved me @ $200 per night at Poly
I've priced it and FD wins. A RO would be fine, but I have 2 Adults, 1 Disney adult and an 8 yr old. That "Disney adult" is what pushes it over as the better deal. Sometimes there's a part of me that thinks we should bag dining plan all together and just let the kids eat like birds like they normally do (LOL) but my husband loved the dining plan for it's lack of thinking on vacation factor. Ultimately- RO with no dining plan and just winging it would *probably* be our best bet financially, but... not sure we'll do that. I think I'll apply the FD if it's offered and wait till RO come out and then decide. Seems like RO may be delayed for my dates...

But, back to my original question- when up at 4am should I modify or create a new ressie? ;)

Another question: Im doing split stay and am thinking of adding the FD to one room, and RO to the other. If both discoutns come out at the same time, which goes out faster?

I thought it was great, they did a good job balancing the live action realism with some callbacks to the original cartoon.

We don't know. Could be anytime between midnight and 7am... Probably not in the middle of the day though.

Yes, that is correct. Last year it was around 4:30am est and the year before apparently around 12:30 am est.

Thank you!

Last year they released partial Room Discount dates on the same day as Free Dining, which were only through October 3. They released October 4-December later in July. I'm actually surprised these are going into November this early.
AH YES! That's right! I forgot that was July......

Well I am honestly no expecting POLY to have any FD offers, simply because there are literally no rooms except club level available during my possible weeks. I am thinking DVC is affecting POLY in
a major way.

So I will wait for JULY. Right now I have a decent rate, even though its rack, and I will get to see the new Villa....

Oh and Cheers!

This is me trying to wake up for work tomorrow....

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter