2016 Free Dining Watch ~ Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since free dining will not be happening on the dates i need, i am looking forward to a room discount. Can anybody help me find what they were in 2015 for december? Mousesavers lists it, but doesn't break down the resorts discounts or when room needed to be booked to use it.
thanks in advance!

Anyone have the FD rumored dates handy?! I can't find my screenshot and I'm trying to get everything written down and ready to go. I have to work in the morning, so if I'm not able to get this done before I leave for work, my hubs-who is thankfully off tomorrow!!-will work on it. Just need all the info written down and ready to go for him!!

Anyone have the FD rumored dates handy?! I can't find my screenshot and I'm trying to get everything written down and ready to go. I have to work in the morning, so if I'm not able to get this done before I leave for work, my hubs-who is thankfully off tomorrow!!-will work on it. Just need all the info written down and ready to go for him!!
I believe these are the dates:

• August 23 through October 1, 2016
  • November 15 through 21, 2016
  • November 26 through 28, 2016
  • December 10 through 21, 2016

This is me! Three boys; 5, 7 and 9... but I WILL be dragging them on the damn ride and I WILL be making them meet a handful of princesses because dammit Mummy wants to!!!
I am in the three boys club too! 12,7,4 i have a feeling I will be missing out on the Frozen ride unless the line is short enough for me to do it by myself! Lol

How do the room categories work with free dining? Are all room catagories offered? Standard, standard pool, preferred, preferred pool etc? Or just certain ones? Tia

I want to add Universal to our vacation SO BAD. But I just can't justify the cost for our family of 5.... especially compared to the price of going to disney those 2 days. My husband and I are big HP fans and haven't been to the Wizarding World of HP! And in the last year my 3 girls have gotten into HP. Hubby is actually reading them the whole series and they're on book 5 right now (like... right now, as I'm typing, they're reading in the next room ;) )

But for a 2 day park-to-park ticket for the 5 of us is over $1,000.... plus food.... when food is free (hopefully) at Disney AND tickets are $100 since we've already up in park tickets. So... yeah, if someone wants to give me $1,000? $900? yes? lol Maybe... MAYBE if MNSSHP tickets are WAY more expensive than they've been in the past, we'll do a 1 day ticket at Universal instead.... maybe.

Meanwhile, I tried to nap. That lasted less than an hour before my kids stomping around woke me up... so I'll be hooking up my caffeine IV here soon.

If its available tomorrow, will it come out at 7am? I need to book before going to work

I have missed the past several days and just wondered if someone could fill me in on the details of the possible ROOM ONLY DISCOUNT. My dates are the end of October into the first few days of November so unfortunately we don't qualify for FD.

I am trying to put together a spreadsheet to figure out what the RO discount may look like at the different resorts and different room levels in order to be prepared if RO goes live tomorrow.

Can someone verify that the rumor for RO dropping tomorrow, 4/25, is still valid as far as we know?

Will the RO offer be available online under 'Special Offers' if/when it does go live or do we have to call in?

Also, what is the typical RO discount (% off per resorts tiers - values and mods) that has been offered in the past or that what % is rumored to go live for this year?

Thanks so much! I just can't find the time to read through all 56 pages I have missed and would appreciate if someone could catch me up to speed :)

p.s. good luck to all you FD peeps tomorrow. It's such a great deal and although we will miss it this year we thoroughly enjoyed it the last several years.

uhhh, this is amazing. I am so jealous because my family's reaction is generally along the lines of "fine, we'll go, but you need to do all the planning and oh by the way you are paying for our tickets and food and hotel too, right?" I only have one person I know that is my age and loves Disney as much as me, and he lives overseas and can rarely afford to travel that far. You are very lucky.

Thank you!!!! :love:Really my sister and I are total nuts and we are doing most of the planning, but my mom and one other sister know enough to have ideas of what they want to do and where they want to eat. Then my oldest sister and her family are pretty clueless. They are trying to learn but they haven't been in ages and it didn't require as much planning 20 years ago. They are happy to learn and do whatever we tell them to. Everyone is super excited about our trip.

I made binders and printed a ton of stuff for them all to study and we cover different topics each time. (Menus, resort info, FP info, best snacks, etc.) It really is a blast. Definitely blessed to have such an awesome family. My mom and dad are paying for everyone's rooms (major best Christmas gift ever) and we will have free dining, so each family just had to buy our own park tickets. It is the biggest blessing. :cloud9:

I'm also thankful for the DIsBoards family, too, bc even if we don't have fellow Disney addicts in our immediate family, we have lots of buddies here. :smickey:

I know....so much incorrect information over there that's claimed to be 100% confirmed. I feel bad for those who trust some of it that doesn't come to pass.
Wow, unbelievable, well for their sake at least @aaarcher86 is over there keeping them straight. Never heard of Danny25 before but seems to act like he knows a lot more than he does.

I want to add Universal to our vacation SO BAD. But I just can't justify the cost for our family of 5.... especially compared to the price of going to disney those 2 days. My husband and I are big HP fans and haven't been to the Wizarding World of HP! And in the last year my 3 girls have gotten into HP. Hubby is actually reading them the whole series and they're on book 5 right now (like... right now, as I'm typing, they're reading in the next room ;) )

But for a 2 day park-to-park ticket for the 5 of us is over $1,000.... plus food.... when food is free (hopefully) at Disney AND tickets are $100 since we've already up in park tickets. So... yeah, if someone wants to give me $1,000? $900? yes? lol Maybe... MAYBE if MNSSHP tickets are WAY more expensive than they've been in the past, we'll do a 1 day ticket at Universal instead.... maybe.

Meanwhile, I tried to nap. That lasted less than an hour before my kids stomping around woke me up... so I'll be hooking up my caffeine IV here soon.

I was really surprised with the price of Universal tickets too - although I'm not sure why. We're going to Universal for three nights before we go to WDW for 11 nights. I'm getting myself a two day hopper pass, but my husband and the three boys are only getting a one day one park pass each. My 5yo is too short for a lot of the rides at IOA and I figure they'll all be horribly jet-lagged and will benefit from a couple of days by the Cabana Bay pool and lazy river ;) . Meanwhile, I NEED to see all of Harry Potter so I'm going for one day on my own to totally geek out :D

My oldest is way into HP right now while my younger two could care less. But it seemed like such a shame to get all the way down there and not let DS1 see the HP stuff since I'm not sure when we're going back. I'm super bummed to miss it but DH taking DS1 just for the day is the most efficient way we could figure out, both time-wise and cost-wise. With FD I figure if they could just snack at UA maybe they can eat a good breakfast before they go and have a late dinner when they get back to Disney. Though I have 6 months to figure that part out, lol.

I have 12-22 November booked at Pop already.. If it drops and starts on the 15th would I have to hit the cancel button & rebook 15-22nd on the mytrip page?
I *HOPEFULLY* Would like to do it online rather then edit over the phone... There's no fee to cancel right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter