2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

I still have yet to decide! Although after booking the DLH for 4 nights for my friend and I for the Rebel Challenge I might be forced to pass on the challenge simply because that's a lot of $$ to dole out so close together.

Sigh. But I still want those medals!

My sister and I are wanting to register for the half. It will be our first half and what better place to run than Disneyland!

I have a question for people who have done these runs before. Should we book our hotel after we register or before? We plan to use a good neighbor hotel and I'm afraid if we wait until after registration the prices on hotels are going to skyrocket.

Also, has anyone ever booked their stuff through one of the travel agents listed?

I am now changing plans: was going to do 5km and 10km now with the challenge announced I am going to strive for 10km and ½ marathon.
Since this is my first Disney run and I know I won’t be doing one again for awhile due to a halt on our frequency of travel beginning Sept 2015 I might as well dive in and attempt my first half!

I am nervous and excited at the same time! :scared:

You are going to have so much fun! I love the disney races. And like the pp said, just take each run at a time and you'll be fine.

I still have yet to decide! Although after booking the DLH for 4 nights for my friend and I for the Rebel Challenge I might be forced to pass on the challenge simply because that's a lot of $$ to dole out so close together.

Sigh. But I still want those medals!

I know what you mean. Here's hoping you win the lotto this week! :goodvibes

My sister and I are wanting to register for the half. It will be our first half and what better place to run than Disneyland!

I have a question for people who have done these runs before. Should we book our hotel after we register or before? We plan to use a good neighbor hotel and I'm afraid if we wait until after registration the prices on hotels are going to skyrocket.

Also, has anyone ever booked their stuff through one of the travel agents listed?

Congrats on your first 1/2! For the hotels, disney uses Get Travel for their races, but I've found for the non-resort hotels, I can get them cheaper w/AAA on my own than their prices. For the 3 resort hotels, they have good prices though. You can actually book now. I already made my reservations a month ago. It was a little sticker shock compared to where prices were at for Tink this year, but it was also in Jan. not sure about Costco packages, never used them before and I know if you stay at HoJo's they'll give you a race discount. For park tix, Get Travel will sell those too and they have great prices. You can get them mailed if you're going the week before and the expo isn't open or just pick them up at the expo.

I'm so on the fence. I have a week- and I was not running, but now that the challenge is happening... gah! Anyone else really conflicted just because of a stupid extra medal? LOL If I had gotten the challenge medal this year I wouldn't even be worrying about this. But. I have a bling issue, yo!

I posted a few tips for any new peeps registering this week or next. hope it helps! http://noguiltlife.com/2014/08/registration-tips-for-tinker-bell.html

I'm so on the fence. I have a week- and I was not running, but now that the challenge is happening... gah! Anyone else really conflicted just because of a stupid extra medal? LOL If I had gotten the challenge medal this year I wouldn't even be worrying about this. But. I have a bling issue, yo! I posted a few tips for any new peeps registering this week or next. hope it helps! http://noguiltlife.com/2014/08/registration-tips-for-tinker-bell.html

Yes. I had literally just decided I wasn't doing it when they announced the challenge! Then I went back and forth and made myself crazy. Now I back to my original plan of 2016. I am sure I will kick myself on registration day and then when I see the medals, but I will be strong!

Congrats on your first 1/2! For the hotels, disney uses Get Travel for their races, but I've found for the non-resort hotels, I can get them cheaper w/AAA on my own than their prices. For the 3 resort hotels, they have good prices though. You can actually book now. I already made my reservations a month ago. It was a little sticker shock compared to where prices were at for Tink this year, but it was also in Jan. not sure about Costco packages, never used them before and I know if you stay at HoJo's they'll give you a race discount. For park tix, Get Travel will sell those too and they have great prices. You can get them mailed if you're going the week before and the expo isn't open or just pick them up at the expo.

Thanks for the help! I went ahead and booked at a good neighbor hotel across the street from Disney. Now, I have to be ready to register us for the race on the 12th. We are only doing the half, so hopefully it won't fill up before I can get us in.

Good luck to the AP and DVC members who will be enjoing early registration this morning (9am PST). But just a word of caution to those planning to use a friend's registration link: the Disneyland AP website now has a note for the runDisney perk that reads:

We ask that you not share these early registration links with others. Early registration is a special benefit reserved for Annual Passholders and may not always be offered.​

This is the first time I recall seeing a note like this on the website and contact with runDisney has said that there will b e verification and registration could be cancelled without notice if not an annual passholder or in the household of an annual passholder.

Does anyone know if this note has always been there and I'm just ignorant. I wont lie, I have been using my friends assistance to register for the past to years since my AP expired when I became a CM. But with this new note, looks like I will be waiting until general registration.

Pixie Dust Challenge is sold out at 9:15! I hope everyone was able to register.

We ask that you not share these early registration links with others. Early registration is a special benefit reserved for Annual Passholders and may not always be offered.​

This is the first time I recall seeing a note like this on the website and contact with runDisney has said that there will b e verification and registration could be cancelled without notice if not an annual passholder or in the household of an annual passholder.

Does anyone know if this note has always been there and I'm just ignorant. I wont lie, I have been using my friends assistance to register for the past to years since my AP expired when I became a CM. But with this new note, looks like I will be waiting until general registration.

I haven't done AP reg in a few years, but think it might be new. I saw some people in a fb group yesterday talking about how a few non-AP people got their reg kicked out after they registered for Princess. I think they're kinda following this up from the bib pick up change they made earlier this year.

:cool1:
i was able to register for the Pixie Dust Challenge this morning!!

put me down for 10K and 1/2 -- and DS for the 4-6 year old dash!

:cheer2: :cheer2:

GET Travel sent out an email for early registrations today. You have to get a park ticket with your registration, but they allow you to purchase more tickets or hopper tickets when you book. You have to pay for the registration+single ticket at the time of booking, but any other ticket options you add isn't due until April.

Since I was going to get discounted tickets from them anyway, I went ahead and booked our registrations! I'm so excited to say I'll be in Anaheim for my first half marathon!!

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge.

Ug. Said I wasn't going to. Its mother's day. But, but….

See you all in May!

I haven't done AP reg in a few years, but think it might be new. I saw some people in a fb group yesterday talking about how a few non-AP people got their reg kicked out after they registered for Princess. I think they're kinda following this up from the bib pick up change they made earlier this year.

Looks like it is new then. With the increase in popularity and how fast they are selling out I can understand them cracking down I registrations. Makes me a little nervous about my registration for Star Wars if people were getting the boot from Princess for not being AP holders. I didn't want to risk it so I'm taking my chances next week once I move around my work schedule again. I'll play by the rules now that they've stated them.

Honestly though, if it's going to be like this, I wish they'd just do away with early registration and put everyone on a level playing field.

Congrats to those that did get in this morning!

GET Travel sent out an email for early registrations today. You have to get a park ticket with your registration, but they allow you to purchase more tickets or hopper tickets when you book. You have to pay for the registration+single ticket at the time of booking, but any other ticket options you add isn't due until April.

Since I was going to get discounted tickets from them anyway, I went ahead and booked our registrations! I'm so excited to say I'll be in Anaheim for my first half marathon!!

:thumbsup2 Did you just sign up for the half only?

i was able to register for the Pixie Dust Challenge this morning!!

put me down for 10K and 1/2 -- and DS for the 4-6 year old dash!

:cheer2: :cheer2:

Got you down! Glad you were able to get in.

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge.

Ug. Said I wasn't going to. Its mother's day. But, but….

See you all in May!

It's so hard to walk away from them, isn't it?! Got you down as well.

I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens.

Oh the temptation is sooooo strong! Musnt' do it!

I'm all registered for the Half Marathon! It will be my first half. I'm doing my first 10k in January for the Star Wars weekend.

I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens. Oh the temptation is sooooo strong! Musnt' do it!

Seriously. I already made this decision!

I registered for the pixie dust challenge & booked GCH! So excited! I ran Tink for the first time this January and it was my favorite rundisney race

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter