2015 Tinker Bell Half Marathon Weekend ** Check-In ** May 7-10, 2015

I'm in for the Pixie Dust Challenge.

Ug. Said I wasn't going to. Its mother's day. But, but….

See you all in May!

Yay!!

I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens. I will not register when general reg opens.

Oh the temptation is sooooo strong! Musnt' do it!

Why do I have a feeling you might be saying something different next Tuesday? :rotfl2: ;) I forgot ~ are you doing Nike in Oct this year?

Yay!!

Why do I have a feeling you might be saying something different next Tuesday? :rotfl2: ;) I forgot ~ are you doing Nike in Oct this year?

I better not be! (Though I admit I've looked at prices and hotels lol!) But man I'm gonna be sad not signing up for it! But seriously the only way for me to go is by myself and I dont wanna be by myself on mothers day. My kids are still pretty little so I want to spend it with them. My choice, I Know. DH would be supportive of me going if I chose to.

And nope, no Nike for me this year! Im actually relieved! I hate those hills. Are you doing it?
Thinking of doing RnR SF next year. My fear of bridges is holding me back so far.

I better not be! (Though I admit I've looked at prices and hotels lol!) But man I'm gonna be sad not signing up for it! But seriously the only way for me to go is by myself and I dont wanna be by myself on mothers day. My kids are still pretty little so I want to spend it with them. My choice, I Know. DH would be supportive of me going if I chose to.

And nope, no Nike for me this year! Im actually relieved! I hate those hills. Are you doing it?
Thinking of doing RnR SF next year. My fear of bridges is holding me back so far.

I get wanting to be with the kiddies. :goodvibes

No Nike for me either. bad experience and it just turned me off to future runs. Not sure how RnR does the bridge part of the run, but the SF Marathon/1st half goes over the bridge and might be better for you. They close down 2 or 3 of the lanes and you run on the actual road part so you won't be looking over the edge. Would that help you? It's kind of the same course as Nike just w/ the bridge and you finish in the park instead of Ocean Ave and a shuttle back to the start area.

I'm still debating on whether I want to run the challenge or not. Again, it's just the fact that it's the inaugural challenge so I want the medal. Then I can be done with it and stick to the half for the future. Considering I also have to factor in a trip to WDW to complete my first Coast to Coast. That will get a little pricey, with the airfare but at least the hotel and any park time wont be too bad once I get my group together. Gah. I hate making decisions.

I'm still debating on whether I want to run the challenge or not. Again, it's just the fact that it's the inaugural challenge so I want the medal. Then I can be done with it and stick to the half for the future. Considering I also have to factor in a trip to WDW to complete my first Coast to Coast. That will get a little pricey, with the airfare but at least the hotel and any park time wont be too bad once I get my group together. Gah. I hate making decisions.

I know. I would love the inaugural medal, but I am already doing the GSC and I have another DL trip next August. That would just be so expensive. Ugh.

I am worried about registering on Tuesday. Please help me with the logistics of this. Do I go directly to my Active account? Or do I have my Active account open and then open another window through RunDisney? How does that work? Help! I want to be fast and ready come Tuesday morning.

TIA

I am worried about registering on Tuesday. Please help me with the logistics of this. Do I go directly to my Active account? Or do I have my Active account open and then open another window through RunDisney? How does that work? Help! I want to be fast and ready come Tuesday morning. TIA

I have never registered for Tink, but I had to register for PHM as a guest through the runDisney site. It was a mess trying to go through Active. Maybe Tink will be better!

I am worried about registering on Tuesday. Please help me with the logistics of this. Do I go directly to my Active account? Or do I have my Active account open and then open another window through RunDisney? How does that work? Help! I want to be fast and ready come Tuesday morning.

TIA

I usually make sure I am already logged into my Active account in a separate browser and then open another through runDisney to register.

Hope that helps!

I know. I would love the inaugural medal, but I am already doing the GSC and I have another DL trip next August. That would just be so expensive. Ugh.

It does add up! But I know if I don't I will hate myself later for it, I just know it. I'm lucky in that I'm local so don't have to worry about the travel expenses and park tickets but GAH!

I usually make sure I am already logged into my Active account in a separate browser and then open another through runDisney to register. Hope that helps! It does add up! But I know if I don't I will hate myself later for it, I just know it. I'm lucky in that I'm local so don't have to worry about the travel expenses and park tickets but GAH!

Stop it! I am not going!

I am running the 1/2 marathon and by myself! My girlfriend was suppose to do it with me but backed out and I decided not to quit on myself.
So excited, its my first time! Looking forward to accomplishing something for myself on Mothers day and spending Mothers Day weekend in the park with my husband and kids. Not to mention I booked Disneyland hotel and its another first for us all since we have strictly been a Good Neighbor Hotel family. Whoop :yay:

I am worried about registering on Tuesday. Please help me with the logistics of this. Do I go directly to my Active account? Or do I have my Active account open and then open another window through RunDisney? How does that work? Help! I want to be fast and ready come Tuesday morning. TIA

Here's my tips!

noguiltlife.com/2014/08/registration-tips-for-tinker-bell.html

I'm in for the Challenge, I got nervous and went through Get Travel. It will be my first run Disney race.

On a plane right now, flying home from a wedding in Colorado. Need to keep myself distracted so I'm going through all of the half marathon threads to make sure they get updated!

Remember - only a few days until general registration opens up.

I'm in for the Challenge, I got nervous and went through Get Travel. It will be my first run Disney race.

At least you are in! I will get you added to the runner list momentarily.

I am running the 1/2 marathon and by myself! My girlfriend was suppose to do it with me but backed out and I decided not to quit on myself.
So excited, its my first time! Looking forward to accomplishing something for myself on Mothers day and spending Mothers Day weekend in the park with my husband and kids. Not to mention I booked Disneyland hotel and its another first for us all since we have strictly been a Good Neighbor Hotel family. Whoop :yay:

I'm sorry to hear that your girlfriend backed out, but go you for sticking to your guns and still running. I can't imagine you'll come to regret it, especially adding in staying at the DLH. It will be a great memory for you.

Has anyone else noticed that Get Travel now requires a 3 night minimum for the Disney onsite hotels, rather than the 2 nights in the past? See:
http://www.gettravel.com/tinkerbellhalfmarathon/accommodation.shtml

Unfortunately, this is going to price us offsite. I would have loved to say at the Disneyland Hotel as we did last year for Tink and are going to for Avengers in November but it's just too expensive at $1241 for 3 nights! Yikes!

I booked the HoJo- I know it's a long walk, but we're paying about 1/2 the price for a huge 2 room kids suite.

I'm super nervous and scared but super excited! I'm going to register on the 12th for the 1/2. It's my first 1/2 and my first Disney race. Eeeeek!

I would love some advice about where to stay (I am leaning towards the Candy Cane Inn), race costumes, and really any info that might be helpful for a first timer like me!

I'll be bringing my husband and two kiddos (8 and 5) and am considering the gold chear squad for them. Is it worth the price?

I'm super nervous and scared but super excited! I'm going to register on the 12th for the 1/2. It's my first 1/2 and my first Disney race. Eeeeek!

I would love some advice about where to stay (I am leaning towards the Candy Cane Inn), race costumes, and really any info that might be helpful for a first timer like me!

I'll be bringing my husband and two kiddos (8 and 5) and am considering the gold chear squad for them. Is it worth the price?

For hotels, book where you feel most comfortable. That helps the nerves a little bit. :goodvibes The staging area and finish line are in the parking lot next to PPH on the corner of DL Dr and Katella. I stayed at BW Stovall's last year and it was great ~ just rolled out of bed to the start and after the race I was right there. Any of the surrounding hotels are good, w/in walking distance to the race.

Costumewise, Tink and green are really popular. I noticed this past year hook and Smee jumped up a lot in popularity. I always see people talking about dressing up as the other fairies that are friends w/Tink, but never notice any, but that could be me. Just make sure you find something that you are comfortable in b/c of the distance and you never know what the weather will bring. If you go the winged route, friends have said make sure they are really tacked down to your shirt so they don't bug you. The course is really great and you'll have a lot of fun. It's mostly flat w/ a few over/underpasses, but almost all are in the first mile and a half. There's 1 underpass at the end when we turn back into the lot behind DCA.

As for the Chear Squad, it's really a personal preference. There are a lot of places not only along the route, but at the finish line where your family will be able to see you w/o buying the package. If they want to see you inside the parks they'll need it though. We run through DTD about mile 5.75-6 where they can see you. They can walk up Harbor and watch at the beginning of the race and towards the end of the race as well. Close to the finish, we come out of the backlot/old parking lot of DCA and cross DL Dr into the parking lot next to PPH and there are spaces on the road where we cross and inside the parking lot where they can catch you as well.

Hi
Candy Cane Inn is a great option for staying offsite, but the hotels closer to Katella like BW Stovall's or the Anabella are closer to the start/finish. IIRC the walk from HoJos is nearly 20 minutes. We stay at HoJos usually but stayed at the Disneyland Hotel for this year's Tink and it was great. However, with the new 3 night min. for the race weekend and super high prices we have opted for a kids suite at HoJo for the 2015 Tink Race.

For costumes, I like the ideas from the Sparkle Athletic ladies (who usually have a booth at the Expo). I love that their skirts are lightweight so you can wear them over your own shorts/crops:
http://sparkleathletic.com/category/running-costumes/disney-running-costumes/
I also love their Tink Race Legs, arm warmers, and sparkle visors.

Other vendors at the Expo usually include these:
http://runningskirts.com/
http://www.sparkleskirts.com/

Etsy has some great disney run costume vendors, including Rock City Skirts, iglowrunning, RunningCouture, SewCrazyRunning and LilyBombAthleticWear!

Whatever costume you decide on, just make sure you try it out for comfort/fit before the race...

As for the chear squad- the last 3 years my hubby and 2 kids have been asleep when I returned home from the 10k & half races. Given that we pack in full park days when we are there, I decided it just wasn't best for their schedules to get up so crazy early to see me run. We are usually up at 7 or 8am and I was usually done by then. It was good timing for me to head back to the hotel, shower, eat breakfast, and then head to the parks.

I won't be able to go to the Expo until Saturday (due to my sister still being in class at UArk). Should I pre-order a commemorative pin or will they be available at the Expo?

Also, we are booked at the Anaheim Camelot Inn if anyone has advice about staying there!

I get wanting to be with the kiddies. :goodvibes

No Nike for me either. bad experience and it just turned me off to future runs. Not sure how RnR does the bridge part of the run, but the SF Marathon/1st half goes over the bridge and might be better for you. They close down 2 or 3 of the lanes and you run on the actual road part so you won't be looking over the edge. Would that help you? It's kind of the same course as Nike just w/ the bridge and you finish in the park instead of Ocean Ave and a shuttle back to the start area.

Thanks for the info Kim! Yea that might actually be better, being able to run inside on the lanes. I will make myself do it one day. Just not sure when that day will be :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter