2014 Free Dining PIN Code Thread

black562

DIS Veteran
I thought I'd start a thread on this one since some new info was just received.

There are some free dining PINs now circulating for dates between January 3 and March 5.

One person has already reported getting one (by accident), and I'm sure more will follow.

This is an interesting development in terms of free dining and how Disney is going about implementing it.

If someone receives a free dining PIN, could you please copy and paste the text here in a post? That would help us identify if there are different versions or if it is a single PIN.

From the info I got it looks pretty standard. First wave went out today so hopefully someone can post the email soon :D

No AoA, campsites, grand villas, GFV... 3 night minimum... 2 day tickets.

From the info I got it looks pretty standard. First wave went out today so hopefully someone can post the email soon :D

No AoA, campsites, grand villas, GFV... 3 night minimum... 2 day tickets.

Good details Archer....always great to know exclusions. The other exclusions are pretty standard, but its interesting they excluded all of AOA on this round and not just Mermaid rooms.

If you are booked through a TA, does that mean you could not apply a pin to your reservationif you were in the fortunate # to receive one?

I have a question. Our package is under my mom's name but I have an account with Disney but have never booked anything myself. Would they have my name and could my name have a pin attached to it? I'm just wondering because there are 3 adults who are going on the trip so do I need to check under everyone's name to just make sure?

I have a question. Our package is under my mom's name but I have an account with Disney but have never booked anything myself. Would they have my name and could my name have a pin attached to it? I'm just wondering because there are 3 adults who are going on the trip so do I need to check under everyone's name to just make sure?

If you are in Disney's system you could receive a pin. Definitely check all the adults!

Aaarcher you have been a great help to me planning my trip. Thanks so much! I will definitely call when I get off of work to check all the adults!

I thought I'd start a thread on this one since some new info was just received.

There are some free dining PINs now circulating for dates between January 3 and March 5.

One person has already reported getting one (by accident), and I'm sure more will follow.

This is an interesting development in terms of free dining and how Disney is going about implementing it.

If someone receives a free dining PIN, could you please copy and paste the text here in a post? That would help us identify if there are different versions or if it is a single PIN.

Do you think that means when discounts open to general public they will have different dates and possibly free dining offer or do they sometimes just offer free dining in pins only and with expanded dated? Curious because I had alot of problems today trying to book discounts since we arrive on January 4th, would love to be to update discount without having to worry about a split stay. HMMM. Disney sure is keeping me busy. Maybe next year I can use nap time to clean instead of stock this board. LOL. Can't wait till January for our trip celebrating my daughters 5th birthday at CRT and got reservations to the fireworks dessert party! (thanks to the board for the heads up about those reservations opening up) This has all been stressful planning but I am sure it will pay off and I can't wait to see the smiles on my kids faces and my husband who will be visiting for the first time! Your posts have been so helpful in all my planning for this trip! Thanks :)

I don't know but I'm in the same boat as you with the split stay as we arrive on the 2nd. :) Did you do a RO reservation for the 4th then the package reservation starting on the 5th?

Do you think that means when discounts open to general public they will have different dates and possibly free dining offer or do they sometimes just offer free dining in pins only and with expanded dated? Curious because I had alot of problems today trying to book discounts since we arrive on January 4th, would love to be to update discount without having to worry about a split stay. HMMM. Disney sure is keeping me busy. Maybe next year I can use nap time to clean instead of stock this board. LOL. Can't wait till January for our trip celebrating my daughters 5th birthday at CRT and got reservations to the fireworks dessert party! (thanks to the board for the heads up about those reservations opening up) This has all been stressful planning but I am sure it will pay off and I can't wait to see the smiles on my kids faces and my husband who will be visiting for the first time! Your posts have been so helpful in all my planning for this trip! Thanks :)

For 2013 they did FD via pin only with SPD to the public. I'd assume it will be the same this year. Pins had gone out with SPD so no one really expected FD pins as well.

Here is copy of email I got for promo going for January 5 through March 5, 2014.
Book this special Cardmember offer from October 3-7, before it's available to the general public.
Come be enchanted with this special vacation offer. Save up to $600 on a 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room, ticket and dining plan package (based ona family of 4) for stays most nights 1/5 - 3/5/2014.

Play, Stay, Dine and Save!
Let your fairytale adventure begin and take advantage of this advance booking offer at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels from October 3-7 before it becomes available to the general public on October 8, 2013.
This enchanting offer includes:
-
A stay at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels most nights 1/5 – 3/5/2014.

Dining plan – When staying at a Value Resort, enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort quick service restaurants. When staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets – Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.
Plus, be sure to visit New Fantasyland® and relive some of your favorite Disney stories like never before. Visit DisneyWorld.com/NewFantasyland to learn more about this legendary world in Magic Kingdom® Park.
This vacation package offer becomes available to the general public on October 8, 2013.
CALL 407-939-7737 or call your travel agent.

Book by December 31, 2013, with your Disney Visa® Card and ... (omitted codes in case that is a Disboard violation - different codes for value & Mod/Deluxe resorts).
Why do they keep tempting this way?? I just got back a couple weeks ago. Finances are still on life support from that trip. I can't afford another trip so soon, but I soooo want to go!!! :sad2:

Yep, Disney is definitely offering a new FD promo going for January 5 through March 5, 2014. Here is a copy of the email I received today:

Book this special Cardmember offer from October 3-7, before it's available to the general public.
Come be enchanted with this special vacation offer. Save up to $600 on a 5-night/6-day Walt Disney Travel Co. room, ticket and dining plan package (based ona family of 4) for stays most nights 1/5 - 3/5/2014.

Play, Stay, Dine and Save!
Let your fairytale adventure begin and take advantage of this advance booking offer at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels from October 3-7 before it becomes available to the general public on October 8, 2013.
This enchanting offer includes:
-
A stay at select Walt Disney World® Resort hotels most nights 1/5 – 3/5/2014.

Dining plan – When staying at a Value Resort, enjoy the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 50 select Walt Disney World® Resort quick service restaurants. When staying at a Moderate, Deluxe or Deluxe Villa Resort, enjoy the Disney Dining Plan, which includes meals and snacks at over 100 select Walt Disney World® Resort restaurants.

Walt Disney World® Theme Park tickets – Enjoy admission to one Theme Park per day, each day of your ticket.
Plus, be sure to visit New Fantasyland® and relive some of your favorite Disney stories like never before. Visit DisneyWorld.com/NewFantasyland to learn more about this legendary world in Magic Kingdom® Park.
This vacation package offer becomes available to the general public on October 8, 2013.
CALL 407-939-7737 or call your travel agent.

Book by December 31, 2013, with your Disney Visa® Card and ... (omitted codes in case that is a Disboard violation - different codes for value & Mod/Deluxe resorts).
Why do they keep tempting this way?? I just got back a couple weeks ago. Finances are still on life support from that trip. I can't afford another trip so soon, but I soooo want to go!!! :sad2:

That's Stay Play Dine (or SPD), not Free Dining. It says right in there that it goes public on October 8th, but Free Dining is not expected to be released to the public.

I called - no FD PIN for me. :confused3

That's Stay Play Dine (or SPD), not Free Dining. It says right in there that it goes public on October 8th, but Free Dining is not expected to be released to the public.

I called - no FD PIN for me. :confused3

oops - sorry, didn't read the fine print! LOL

I just called to see if we had pins. They said my grandmother had one so I got all excited and asked if it was the free dining. The lady said no it was a room only pin :( I had my hopes up.

I don't know but I'm in the same boat as you with the split stay as we arrive on the 2nd. :) Did you do a RO reservation for the 4th then the package reservation starting on the 5th?

No I ended up doing a RO for January 4th-January 9th for French Quarter and just used AAA discount. It saved me 186 dollars. (which was atleast better then the 5% disney visa was offering) After looking at menus where we have ADR's and getting the quote for the SPD, I actually thought we were getting equal or better deal just doing the AAA since we didnt want to switch resorts. Now when I say better deal I dont mean if you factor the cost of normal dining plan, I just mean the cost v. what I thought we would spend without dining plan, since it comes with more then we would normally eat (we are also water or alcohol drinkers) so your situation may be different. But for me I just didnt want to mess with possibility of having to change rooms and mess with getting tix ahead ( I know everyone on board says you can but all CM's say no, it would interfere with magic bands that will be out) (who knows)and I thought we would actually spend less this way. Now if deal were expanded to the 3rd, I would do it and obviously free dining would be awesome!

oh and my other reason for deciding not to split stay was because I was trying to put it on my disney visa with 0% interest, so that I can wait till my husband gets his end of year bonus to pay for trip and you only get that if you have combined hotel stay and tickets so split stay would have complicated that.

If I didn't get a FD PIN today is it possible I could still get one? We're thinking we'll upgrade to a moderate if we get FD. We know the chance is very slim but it sure would be nice!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter