2014 Disdad Fantasy Football

DDFFL_Week1_Scores_090914_zpsdc3df63e.jpg

Is it ok to hate your team after one week?

What you don't like getting beat by the same guy twice and actually having a tie in you own Division..with that same guy?

0-2-1 is better than 0-3-0. :lmao:

What you don't like getting beat by the same guy twice and actually having a tie in you own Division..with that same guy?

0-2-1 is better than 0-3-0. :lmao:

Yeah, that would be it. I read plenty of "experts" that advocated the "zero-RB" strategy of drafting. Due to the unpredictability of RBs, avoid them til the 5th or 6th rounds. Load up on TE, WR and QB in the mean time and get a RB or two off the waiver wire further in to the season. Now I look at my roster and I don't exactly like what I see. Not sure exactly what I'd do differently, but oh well. At least I won in my money league.

Yeah, that would be it. I read plenty of "experts" that advocated the "zero-RB" strategy of drafting. Due to the unpredictability of RBs, avoid them til the 5th or 6th rounds. Load up on TE, WR and QB in the mean time and get a RB or two off the waiver wire further in to the season. Now I look at my roster and I don't exactly like what I see. Not sure exactly what I'd do differently, but oh well. At least I won in my money league.
So I have these "experts" to thank me getting Adrian Pederson and LeVeon Bell? If so, thanks! :thumbsup2

In my many years of FF I've noticed

Each years the "Experts" will be really high on a guy in the off-season
...and then that guy will under perform. (ala Doug Martin in 2013)
Some unknown or off the Radar or under ranked guy will emerge as an elite or reliable starter. (Keenan Allen in 2013)
Certain Strategies will only work if everything falls into place (yeah right)

In my many years of FF I've noticed

Each years the "Experts" will be really high on a guy in the off-season
...and then that guy will under perform. (ala Doug Martin in 2013)
Some unknown or off the Radar or under ranked guy will emerge as an elite or reliable starter. (Keenan Allen in 2013)
Certain Strategies will only work if everything falls into place (yeah right)

So... I might want to drop Ladarius Green? (From all my leagues).

I've also learned that nobody knows anything after week 1. I was ready to send Cutler to free agency after the Buffalo mess. But suddenly he doesn't look that terrible.

My team is a model of consistency...

Highest score in week one.

Second lowest in week two. I've just got to thank Norm for keeping me from plummeting all the way to the bottom. :lmao:

Refresh my memory, id's this a keeper league?

Nope. And the way this season is going for me, I hope that doesn't change. The good news is that I should keep getting the #1 waiver priority!

Norm's Team Sucks!!!

That is all. :lmao:

Yeah, what he said, lol

My team is a model of consistency...

Highest score in week one.

Second lowest in week two. I've just got to thank Norm for keeping me from plummeting all the way to the bottom. :lmao:

Beating up on my auto-drafted team? I swear that it said 4:00 PM draft time that Sunday on my computer. I was able to drop some duds and get a few players I wanted - my former UL QB and UK WR on the same team. So, if this does go keeper, that works great for me as those would be the guys I want going forward.

Fantasy Baseball was more difficult to keep up with, but those player drop/adds over the week can make a real difference. It seems like with Fantasy Football, once the draft is over, there aren't really all that many big difference makers. Then, it's just a matter of guessing the right lineup for the week. With these three head to head macthups, I don't even bother looking as I can't figure that out. I'd look at MFL last year and see one of the other three teams starting the same QB.

ATTENTION...

Yahoo's "Divisional" Playoffs are not valid with respect to the League Record

Please refer to the spreadsheet when I update it.

Here are the Top 4 from each Division that are in the Dole Whip Chase.
Mickey
Taxidermy Tech
Eeyore's Tail
Maelstrom Kingpins
Mouse of Pain

Goofy
Doof's Destroyers
Frontierland Broncos
Star Tours Travel
GoofTroop

Donald
Small World Singers
LeCellier Dwellers
Jasmine's Necklace
Tortuga Cowboys

Here are the 2nd 4 from each Division that are in the Citrus Swirl Chase.
Mickey
Sparrow's Rum Runners
Drunk Around the World
If You Had Wins
Rescue Rangers

Goofy
Tron Track Dummies
Unnamed Team
Casey's Coroners
Tusker House Blues

Donald
BLT Goats
Duckburg Ducks
Pieces of Eight
Carnotaurus Bait

Those in the Universal Parking Garage are...
HoopDeeDoo Ball Crew
Scorpion Flight

Enchanted Tiki Romo
Boardwalk Bullies

Tower of Beverly
Beirgarten Bums.

OK I apparently made some bad assumptions about how I thought this would play out.

Mistake #1... I thought I could reseed the yahoo brackets. :headache:
Mistake #2... I thought that the Divisions would not be so much different than the triple header ranking. :headache:
Mistake #3... I should have just made the league a Total Points league to use this the way I wanted to (in the Spreadsheet) :headache:
Mistake #4... I clicked a little option to "lock" eliminated teams.:headache:

#4 is the kicker... because in Mickey and Goofy there are some Yahoo "eliminated teams" which are now "locked" and I cannot unlock them. :headache:

If You Had Wins, Casey's Coroners, and Tusker House Blues... all would have qualified for the Citrus Swirl when considering the triple header game schedule... however there Division Record (Yahoo only Record) reflects that they are "eliminated" and therefore "locked". :headache:

ALSO...I had forgotten what I had originally stated in Post #1
  • Regular Season will be weeks 1-14.
  • Yahoo Playoffs will be conducted as per yahoo to determine the division champ.
  • The 4 playoff teams from each division will go into a 12 man Total Points Championship "Dole Whip Chase"
  • Total Points Chase will be TP = (Avg of 1-14) + Week 15 + Week 16
  • Similar Race will be held on the Consolation Teams for the "Citrus Swirl Chase"

Having said that...I guess the best course is to follow that to the letter.
I have added "Championship Chase" and "Divisional Playoffs" tabs with subtitles (Yahoo Teams) to reflect these rankings.

Sorry I didn't think this things through and my misunderstanding of how Yahoo actually worked in the "post season"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter