2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! Trying to find out if Regatta Club has root beer and also sparkling mineral water.(like Perrier or San pelligrino)thanks for your help!

25 days until we check in to the BC - getting ridiculously excited! :-)

Quick question on timing - if we have a 7:30 AM breakfast ADR at Cape May, what are the odds of us getting to DHS just before/right at opening? Hoping to get right to TSMM to ride first, then use our FP+ later in the day to ride again. Thanks!

25 days until we check in to the BC - getting ridiculously excited! :-)

Quick question on timing - if we have a 7:30 AM breakfast ADR at Cape May, what are the odds of us getting to DHS just before/right at opening? Hoping to get right to TSMM to ride first, then use our FP+ later in the day to ride again. Thanks!

I think that it would be hard to get to HS at rope drop. Character breakfasts seem to take longer than a normal buffet since you usually have to wait for the characters to make their rounds. But if you tell the server ahead of time that you want to get out early, maybe they can speed things up for you.

Does anyone know the extent of the planned BC renovations? It is just the club level? Approximate time frame?

Dee.... great photos!!!

They have plenty of other options. My daughter isn't much of a seafood eater, and she finds lots to eat.

Ditto for us too.... my oldest DD won't touch seafood and she loves Cape May!

page 165-169

It's official my vacation is paid for!!!! My dh, dd (5), ds (12) will be at YC August 15th to 20th. First trip for us. I have been to DL many times growing up in Cali. This is first Disney trip for DH and kids!!!!!

:cool1:

I'll add you to the list! I think I have given you a welcome, but just in case I'm wrong...

:welcome:

Let us know if you have any questions.

I wonder if I could get some advice from you wonderful people! :goodvibes We're currently booked to stay at the Boardwalk Inn later this year. We're making the rounds, trying to stay at every hotel in WDW. :thumbsup2 We've stayed at the Beach Club before (loved it), but not the Yacht Club. I'm wondering if we should switch to the Yacht Club...... Anyone stay at the Boardwalk before? Will we regret not staying at the Yacht Club???

I have only stayed at the Beach Club, so I don't have any direct knowledge about staying at the YC or BW- I think they are both nicely-themed sophisticated resorts in great locations at Disney.

Location: Both are super-convenient to EPCOT, BW is a smidge closer to HS if you are walking. But the boat to HS leaves from BW, goes to YC and then Swalphin, so a 5-10 minute quicker boat ride to HS from there.

Pool: Are the features of Stormalong Bay important to you? The lazy river, sandbar area, sand bottom, Jib Slide vs. Clown Pool

Décor: Does one appeal to you more than the other?

On-resort dining choices- Do you use places like the Marketplace or Boardwalk Bakery for breakfast dining?

:thumbsup2

Dee....

We've decided to upgrade to CL in October but had to switch from BC to the YC due to availability. When you get a moment, can you revise the BOG list for me? Same dates (10/19-10/23).

Thanks so much!!!

Fantastic! I'll make the adjustment to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Hi - we just finalized our dates. They will be August 5 - 12th YC LV
Thanks for updating!!

Got it! I'll add your info.

:yay:

Just paid off trip on Disney Visa! Getting a few bucks more on the rewards card for the trip.

How soon should I call the Club Level people to discuss our reservation and DDprincess: service dog? Trip starts June 9!
Can't wait for this trip. We need this bad.
Been a hard year, buried mother in law in January :(and now my amazing father this week. :( We need a break.

I am so sorry to hear about the rough year you have had.

I hope things start to get better for your family.

:grouphug:

Oh Coachyo, I'm so sorry, that's so sad to read. I hope things start looking up very soon. :)

So for some reason I got a detailed reservation confirmation today thru my email :confused3 It's all correct, has info for magical express, dining plan, etc and I was pleased to see...my room request!:

10/21/2014 HOTEL
BEACH CLUB-GARDEN
PLEASE NOTE: GUEST REQ. COURTYD/LK SIDE

Does it matter that they entered "courtyard lakeside" instead of "lakeside courtyard?" :rotfl: (I realize how crazy that sounds). Sorry for the silly questions, I've never done this before.

Now being able to see this is on my reservation, would you still recommend faxing the same request 4 days before we arrive? Thanks all! :)

Looks like you are all set with your request. My understanding is that none of the Disney resorts pay attention to faxed requests. My suggestion is to call the Central Reservations Office around 7-10 days before your trip to confirm that your request is listed.

:)

Hi! We are staying at BCV for 2 short nights before our upcoming cruise. This will be our first time at this resort and I can't wait to check it out. :cool1:

I do have a question about the boat to DHS. We would like to make rope drop, and preferably be at the gates by 8:30. When should we be at the boat dock that morning?

My kids are young and we are attempting no stroller this trip, so I would like to save their legs for the park...and my back. ;)

Thanks!

:welcome:

Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list? end of April?

Others have given some opinions about when to get to the boat dock- I would suggest 7:45.

Hi! Trying to find out if Regatta Club has root beer and also sparkling mineral water.(like Perrier or San pelligrino)thanks for your help!

Not stayed at the YC before, but at BC they did have large bottles of Perrier from which you could pour a glass.

And no, there was no root beer ... Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite.

Has anyone taken the illuminations cruise? We are booked to take one for my friend's birthday. I was told on the phone that we couldn't bring any food but could order some. Anyone done this? Or have any comments on the cruise?

Good morning everyone! :p

Quick question- does the bus pick up at the Beach Club or Yacht Club first on the way to the parks? And if Beach Club is after Yacht Club in mornings on way to the park, did you ever have trouble getting on (too crowded)?

thanks!

I see several have posted about good bus experiences getting on at BC after pick up at YC...but I wanted to chime in and say, while most of the time we've not had a problem getting on a bus (but may have had to stand), there have been a few times we could not fit onto the bus and had to wait.

This, of course, is for the MK. We typically drive to AK so can not speak to it although I know we have ridden it in the past but didn't have an issue.

We are typically there is summer (late June/early July) so it is definitely crowded and have been there when big conventions are going on at the YC so that may have played into it. But, we have had to wait on another bus before and at least once, they ended up sending 2 busses because by that time, the first bus was completely full.

These times were also about 30-40 minutes before park opening when it will be most crowded.

Just wanted to say, while not the norm, it can/does happen.

page 170-174

Awesome! I was torn between Blizzard Beach and Typhoon Lagoon but have been leaning towards Blizzard Beach so maybe that is the way to go. They will be 5 and 7 so sounds perfect.

Thanks!!!

I think the choice of Blizzard Beach with your kids' ages is a good one. The Ski Patrol area is cool, the family ride there is WAY better than the one at TL. I prefer the wave pool at TL, but it can be a little intense. The one at BB is much gentler.

Thanks! (I added a second part to my question after you answered) Did you find it to be crowded in the early mornings - would I still be able to get on at Beach Club or are the buses packed from Yacht Club?

Sorry for dumb questions! We stayed at Yacht Club a few years ago and I can't seem to remember the bus situations! I think it was pretty empty...

My family always heads to the parks for the early EMH hour (8am) at whatever park is open.

Last July, we didn't always have seats, but we got on the first bus every time except for one morning on our way to MK. The bus was full, so we had to get on the next one which was right behind it.

Wooohoooo flights are booked for the big trip! Jetblue just released the dates this afternoon... this will be my first time flying from Austin to MCO.... still have to get the rental car to drive to Austin. DH and I figured we would just drive to Austin(about 3 hr drive) and have some good BBQ before heading to MCO! Oh and I added another day so now we leave on 10/29 so I'll need to book the hotel the night before the Disney parts! Thank God they opened the flight booking window... can't add anymore days now!! :)

Now more planning!!

~N

They used to have a carving station with roast meats beef and turkey but that was about a dozen yrs ago

:welcome: to the thread, and thanks to your input!

I was at AKL March 28 through April 1. Staying Club Level there and doing all of the Safaris was on my Bucket List. I'm glad I did it, but I have no desire to stay there again. Beach Club really feels like home to me.

I popped by the Beach Club on March 31 and got to talk to Teena.

While I was there, I took some pictures of the lobby ladies' room. A long time ago someone planning a wedding had asked how nice that ladies' room was. Here are the pictures:

There's not much space between the sinks and the stalls. I don't think I would be thrilled to be in there wearing a wedding gown.

Thanks for taking these pictures and posting them!

:goodvibes

No rootbeer. Yes Perrier.

Reno Info:

Here is the info we have at the very beginning of the thread (Page 1)

BREAKING NEWS!!!

Beach Club Renovation:

We still have not been given an official start date for the renovation of the Beach Club Concierge lounge and the rehab of all of the rooms at the Beach Club, however as of mid-March guests with club level reservations in October have been contacted and given the option of either moving to a non-CL room at the Beach Club or relocating to the YC CL. Based on this information, there is a good chance that the work on the lounge will starting in late summer/early fall.

The work will start with the renovation and expansion of the Club Level lounge. While the work is being done, club level offerings will be available in the Presidential Suite. After the lounge is completed, work will move onto the actual rooms on the 5th floor. Then, the work will continue on other rooms, floor by floor, until they have all been renovated.

We do not have a timetable about how long it will take to complete each section of the resort.

The work will be completed with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Sections of rooms will be taken out of service while the renovations are taking place.

As we receive more definitive information, we will post it here.

I was wondering if the notorious Teena can answer my question or any of my other knowledgable Dis'ers.

I booked BB last year for BC 10/27/14-11-3 a 1 Bdrm Suite CL. To make a long story short (I already posted this on the CL thread) I wanted to see if any other CL categories were avail. so my DD15 doesn't have to sleep on a sofa bed for a week & there's nothing. I tried changing the dates between like a 2 mo period & nothing?

I know the CL was supposed to have a renovation. Any info is appreciated.

Teena is away on a cruise this week.

I believe I read a post here a little while ago from someone who had a BC CL reservation in October and was notified it had to be changed because of renovations. I think Oct/Nov is the timeframe for CL (5th floor) renovations at BC. That's probably why nothing is showing as available.

Right! Not sure if the reason that the rooms are not going to be available because the lounge is being worked on or the rooms on the way to the lounge. I think the latter, since we have heard the lounge offering would be moved to the Presidential Suite during the renovation of the lounge.

Does anyone know the extent of the planned BC renovations? It is just the club level? Approximate time frame?

:welcome: to the thread!

:goodvibes

Hi Dee and all the fellow BC and YC fans! Just booked our first stay at BCV in mid-November for a mom and me trip with my youngest (something I have done with both his older brothers). So very glad to be planning this mix of new and happy familiar surroundings. I am sure I will have my usual weirdly specific, unanswerable questions along the way...so thanks in advance for bearing with me and trying to answer. ;)

Hi Dee and all the fellow BC and YC fans! Just booked our first stay at BCV in mid-November for a mom and me trip with my youngest (something I have done with both his older brothers). So very glad to be planning this mix of new and happy familiar surroundings. I am sure I will have my usual weirdly specific, unanswerable questions along the way...so thanks in advance for bearing with me and trying to answer. ;)

:welcome: back!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest.

:woohoo:

Has anyone taken the illuminations cruise? We are booked to take one for my friend's birthday. I was told on the phone that we couldn't bring any food but could order some. Anyone done this? Or have any comments on the cruise?

Here's one review I have of about the Illuminations cruise from a trip report by eandesmom. On the ameneties post (Post 4) on Page 1, I have reviews of a boat rental, the kid's albatross cruise, and this one.

Illuminations cruises are also available for hire. Reservations are strongly suggested and can be booked by calling 407-WDW-PLAY.

Illuminations Cruise Review by eandesmom:
Boat Drinks
Boat Drinks, continued

Yeah! I want to do that with my 3 kids too!!! :-)

Yeah! I want to do that with my 3 kids too!!! :-)

I can't recommend it enough! We have made some wonderful memories. Each of them has enjoyed not having to share the planning with 4 other opinionated people (though Mom does get to make suggestions, LOL). He chose BCV (well, he wanted to split with BLT but I couldn't make that happen) and is so excited about his grand return to SAB.

Here are a couple more pictures I took at the Beach Club last week.

If I'm at Epcot, and I'm taking the shortcut back to BCV, I walk through the gate to get onto Beach Club property, and I go past these Beach Club rooms:

Then I walk past these Beach Club rooms:

I personally would feel uncomfortable in the ground floor rooms in the first group. People taking the short-cut walk RIGHT by your patio door.

In the ground floor rooms of the second group, people are walking past your room, but at least there is a hedge between your room and the walkway.

I don't have the "which BC rooms are located where" link, but I'm sure somebody can put the room numbers to these rooms if people are interested.

I see several have posted about good bus experiences getting on at BC after pick up at YC...but I wanted to chime in and say, while most of the time we've not had a problem getting on a bus (but may have had to stand), there have been a few times we could not fit onto the bus and had to wait.

This, of course, is for the MK. We typically drive to AK so can not speak to it although I know we have ridden it in the past but didn't have an issue.

We are typically there is summer (late June/early July) so it is definitely crowded and have been there when big conventions are going on at the YC so that may have played into it. But, we have had to wait on another bus before and at least once, they ended up sending 2 busses because by that time, the first bus was completely full.

These times were also about 30-40 minutes before park opening when it will be most crowded.

Just wanted to say, while not the norm, it can/does happen.

Thanks! (and thanks Natebenma) We plan to be at the bus stop 1 hour and 15 minutes before park opening, so maybe if I see the Beach Club stop is crowded, we'll take a quick jog down to Yacht Club stop! :rotfl:

page 170-174 I think the choice of Blizzard Beach with your kids' ages is a good one. The Ski Patrol area is cool, the family ride there is WAY better than the one at TL. I prefer the wave pool at TL, but it can be a little intense. The one at BB is much gentler. :thumbsup2 My family always heads to the parks for the early EMH hour (8am) at whatever park is open. Last July, we didn't always have seats, but we got on the first bus every time except for one morning on our way to MK. The bus was full, so we had to get on the next one which was right behind it. :) :thumbsup2 :welcome: to the thread, and thanks to your input! :) Thanks for taking these pictures and posting them! :goodvibes No rootbeer. Yes Perrier. http://s657.photobucket.com/user/na...lub 2013/Concierge Lounge/P1160638-1.jpg.html Reno Info: Here is the info we have at the very beginning of the thread (Page 1) BREAKING NEWS!!! Beach Club Renovation: We still have not been given an official start date for the renovation of the Beach Club Concierge lounge and the rehab of all of the rooms at the Beach Club, however as of mid-March guests with club level reservations in October have been contacted and given the option of either moving to a non-CL room at the Beach Club or relocating to the YC CL. Based on this information, there is a good chance that the work on the lounge will starting in late summer/early fall. The work will start with the renovation and expansion of the Club Level lounge. While the work is being done, club level offerings will be available in the Presidential Suite. After the lounge is completed, work will move onto the actual rooms on the 5th floor. Then, the work will continue on other rooms, floor by floor, until they have all been renovated. We do not have a timetable about how long it will take to complete each section of the resort. The work will be completed with the least amount of disruption possible to guests. Sections of rooms will be taken out of service while the renovations are taking place. As we receive more definitive information, we will post it here. Teena is away on a cruise this week. Right! Not sure if the reason that the rooms are not going to be available because the lounge is being worked on or the rooms on the way to the lounge. I think the latter, since we have heard the lounge offering would be moved to the Presidential Suite during the renovation of the lounge. :) :welcome: to the thread! :goodvibes

Thanks for the info!

Frustrating though, because I called Central Reservations to ask about renovations of the CL rooms/lounge & one woman in particular was quite rude & said they are notified of all renovations & had no idea what I was talking about.
I called back & decided to change us to BWI to a Deluxe CL room.

I was never notified & I just called. I thought of emailing IPO, but I'm happy with the change.

I personally would feel uncomfortable in the ground floor rooms in the first group. People taking the short-cut walk RIGHT by your patio door.

I on the other hand enjoy being in one of these rooms as it makes it that much easier to pester people passing by for things like left over snacks and pin trading. An added bonus is that they help me pick out that days outfit after I model of number of combinations from my collection of Disney vacation wrinkle wear.

~NM

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!