2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dee: Our dates for YC is correct but we'll also be at CR Tower Club July 18-21 and AKL July 26-28. Wasn't sure about putting that on this thread or not.

As one of those women of a certain age that wears those swim suits that have the foam.... um... well you know, the foam 'areas' that absorb a metric ton of water.... I found that rolling the wet swim suits in a dry towel and squeezing them helps to remove a lot of the water. Then all you need to do is put the suit in a plastic bag and it's not much of a problem.

When wearing one of those suits I am sure to tell the life guards that I have exited the pool and I have, due to my "woman of a certain age" swimsuit, taken half of the water in the pool out with me.... and that they need to fill the pool up again before the lazy river runs dry.

~NM

:rotfl:

Maybe we will try this next time... Come to think of it, DTD was a total pain for me last trip. LOL

I just read the postings about AKL CL offers mimosas upon request. Does anyone know about our BC CL? Do we get mimosas too?

Once upon a time there was a MAGICAL Genie that lived in a lamp. Ninja Mom found this lamp, rubbed it and out popped the Genie. The Genie said I will grant you any wish you would like, and Ninja Mom said "I like to go on VACATION.... Can you help me TRAVEL?" The Genie said "Ninja Mom I know you are up to something but for the life of me I can't figure it out.... but I will grant you a MAGICAL VACATION since you spring me from this rusty, musty lamp. Where would you like to TRAVEL?" Ninja Mom said "Duh Genie! I wanna go to the Beach Club and pester Teena!" The Genie said it was a DEAL and off I went (see ticker below).

The end.

That's all I can 'say'

~NM

YOU are sooooo clever!

I just read the postings about AKL CL offers mimosas upon request. Does anyone know about our BC CL? Do we get mimosas too?

Mmm yes AKL CL does indeed offer mimosas... and they were soooooo goooooood!!! YC/BC should do that too :) :thumbsup2:thumbsup2... but they didn't last time I was there :(

~N

Once upon a time there was a MAGICAL Genie that lived in a lamp. Ninja Mom found this lamp, rubbed it and out popped the Genie. The Genie said I will grant you any wish you would like, and Ninja Mom said "I like to go on VACATION.... Can you help me TRAVEL?" The Genie said "Ninja Mom I know you are up to something but for the life of me I can't figure it out.... but I will grant you a MAGICAL VACATION since you spring me from this rusty, musty lamp. Where would you like to TRAVEL?" Ninja Mom said "Duh Genie! I wanna go to the Beach Club and pester Teena!" The Genie said it was a DEAL and off I went (see ticker below).

The end.

That's all I can 'say'

~NM[/QUOTE]

Too cute...now I know. Thanks!

I posted on the CL thread, but I'm going to ask you guys too, because you guys always have the answeres :love: :love:

I was hoping to hang out at the resort one day, and was wondering if it's completely inappropriate to ask the CL staff to maybe take some random pictures around the resort. I figured this way the kids could have a scavenger hunt. Since I've never stayed CL I don't want to send a request that seems completely over the top. Is this something you guys would consider asking, or would it be better not to??? Thanks.

I posted on the CL thread, but I'm going to ask you guys too, because you guys always have the answeres :love: :love:

I was hoping to hang out at the resort one day, and was wondering if it's completely inappropriate to ask the CL staff to maybe take some random pictures around the resort. I figured this way the kids could have a scavenger hunt. Since I've never stayed CL I don't want to send a request that seems completely over the top. Is this something you guys would consider asking, or would it be better not to??? Thanks.

I'm not too sure they would be able to help you with that since it would likely require them to "leave their post" at club level.

A few years ago we helped a poster who was doing a scavenger hunt for her son. When I get a chance, I'll see if I can find the final product. *** I found some of the suggestions to her, I will add those to my list below.

A few things I would include (and can give you pictures of) are

The elevator that doesn't go quite to the top

The set of pictures that have a ship moving between the 3 pictures.

Three different mermaids

A globe with a Hidden Mickey.

A sandcastle with a Not-so-Hidden Mickey

Take a picture with the BC greeter. Double points if that greeter is Teena!

Find 3 Hidden Mickeys- Here is a list of BC HM from the internet. Some may not still be around, but sounds like it is a good idea to look closely at the pictures that are hanging up around the resort and especially the Solarium.

www.hiddenmickeysguide.com/catalog.php?id=50

Find the price of "The Kitchen Sink" (Beaches and Cream)

Count the number of bouquets of flowers in the lobby.

What are the flavors of gelato for sale at the Marketplace?

Something with the lighthouse.

Name of the Pool Slide

In what direction are you walking when you go from the Beach Club to EPCOT? (East)

What else do you guys suggest??? Does anyone know if the Fish Lamp is back?

If we can come up with a neat scavenger hunt, I'll save it to page 1 :)

I started up two View Threads in the Resort Photo Subforum:

Beach Club Room Views

Yacht Club Room Views

The purpose of these threads is to give some samples of rooms in various view categories (standard, garden, lagoon/pool) at the Yacht and Beach Clubs.

I can give you our view pics from when we were there in 2011:

Room 3592 GV:

Inside the room looking out:

On balcony looking out:

Looking to the right:

Looking to the left:

Me on the balcony:

On the ground looking "right"

On the ground looking "left":

DH said you are more than welcomed to use for view rooms.

I don't know about the hot tub but he was spotted on the pool slide!!! :cool1:

12034558303_1f645806c2_z.jpg

Signed, your Pal Buzzy the Fly

Yes, please I want to visit this ^^ pool!!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, I just spent the weekend catching up on the thread because......*drum roll* We're booked for the BC 8-23-14 to 8-30-14. I am sooo excited to be going back to BC. MIL thought it was time the entire family took a Disney rip, so she's spoiling the heck out of us and taking her, FIL, DH and I, and BIL, SIL, and 2 nephews. And the only place she wanted to stay was BC!!! We of course complete agree about staying here again.

We were at WDW this past December, but stayed value as we had a heck of a 2013 that almost depleted our Disney fund. We spent time visiting resorts on that trip and of course came to BC. Dh and I sat in the lobby for probably a half an hour, just enjoying being "home." DH kept saying we must be the craziest people to just enjoy sitting here. :rotfl2:

Anyways we can't wait to go back and I'm excited about being back in the best disboard thread ever!! popcorn::

I know there aren't many full balconies at the BC, do most/all of these look out at the lagoon or are they scattered throughout the resort with different views?

Thinking about switching from YC to BC but want a full balcony looking at the lagoon.

I know there aren't many full balconies at the BC, do most/all of these look out at the lagoon or are they scattered throughout the resort with different views?

Thinking about switching from YC to BC but want a full balcony looking at the lagoon.

About half the rooms have full balconies but there is no way you can be guaranteed you are going to get a full balcony. If it's important, make sure it's your one and only request and then keep your fingers crossed. Requests are just requests and never guaranteed. So, if you MUST have a full balcony, you need to stay at the YC.

page 36-37

natebanma, we are also celebrating our anniversary on our Feb trip. Thanks.

I'll add that to your listing. Congratulations!

:woohoo:

Dee: Our dates for YC is correct but we'll also be at CR Tower Club July 18-21 and AKL July 26-28. Wasn't sure about putting that on this thread or not.

I'll add that to your listing.

:goodvibes

I can give you our view pics from when we were there in 2011, Room 3592 GV:

Thank you so much for that! I added your pictures to the BC View Thread.

:)

Well, I just spent the weekend catching up on the thread because......*drum roll* We're booked for the BC 8-23-14 to 8-30-14. I am sooo excited to be going back to BC. MIL thought it was time the entire family took a Disney rip, so she's spoiling the heck out of us and taking her, FIL, DH and I, and BIL, SIL, and 2 nephews. And the only place she wanted to stay was BC!!! We of course complete agree about staying here again.

We were at WDW this past December, but stayed value as we had a heck of a 2013 that almost depleted our Disney fund. We spent time visiting resorts on that trip and of course came to BC. Dh and I sat in the lobby for probably a half an hour, just enjoying being "home." DH kept saying we must be the craziest people to just enjoy sitting here. :rotfl2:

Anyways we can't wait to go back and I'm excited about being back in the best disboard thread ever!! popcorn::

:welcome: back!!!

I'm thrilled to add you back to the Be Our Guest list.

:banana::banana::banana:

As Teena aid, the Beach Club rooms have about half full balconies and half standing over Juliet balconies. They are spread throughout the various view categories. YC is your best bet to ensure you will have a full balcony.

:thumbsup2

I'm so excited to be rejoining this group! We went for our first ever trip to Disney back in April 2012 and stayed at the BC and loved it!! We wanted to go back to Disney this year and started looking at resorts. I tried to talk myself into Port Orleans, but we just kept coming back around to the beach club in our planning because of convenience to Epcot & HS. We are trying to keep it a surprise for our son who will be 8 very soon. We will be there from May 18-23 and I'm so excited!

It has been awhile :sad1: I have been very busy at work . Dee just want to say wonderful job as always and to all who contribute the wealth of information to this thread , I believe it to be the best resort thread going .
:thumbsup2 I was finally able to get my return flight this morning with Southwest ,they released July bookings I was getting nervous the other airline prices are quite high . All is good now .
I am looking forward to seeing Teena and the other friends I have made over the years at the Yacht and Beach Club resort :grouphug:.

Does anyone know if the Fish Lamp is back?

When Nannette and I (and Buzzy....sigh....) did a drive by the BC last December the FISH LAMPS were not in their usual first floor location!! I REPEAT< THE FISH LAMPS SEEM TO BE MISSING !!!!!!1!!!1!!11!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

I want you all to know that Ninja Mom is in serious trouble and without those FISH LAMPS she is this close ][ to getting lost in the hallways when she stalks Teena.

I'm thinking that the thought of Ninja Mom roaming the hallways of the Beach Club, ENDLESSLY LOST is enough to spur management to find those lamps and put them back on the first floor hallway nook where they belong!

Rest in Peace Nemo and Marlin.... Rest in Peace....

watermark.php

Does anyone know what time the busses leave from BC to the various parks? I'm somewhat stressed, with the new FP+ system, trying to ride most of what DS has reequested as well as make ADRs.

We are flying and solely dependent on Disney Transportation and would rather not take cabs to make our breakfast ADRs (which will be prior to park opening).

Also, do I need to book the Albatross Treasure Cruise for DS ahead of time or can this be done after arrival?

page 32-34

That's A LOT of reading!!!

For that, you get another :welcome: and :banana: :banana: :banana:

What a fantastic trip this will be for you all. Are you going to be the one in charge of everyone's reservations, or are the individual groups doing their own thing?

You're at BC, right, not the villas?

:goodvibes

Yes I book everything and will do so with the FP+. FP+ will be new to us so if they decide they want something different they can go in and change it in MDE. Everyone has set up accounts, they are just letting me manage it. I am the obsessed one of the group and the only one that plans anything. We all like the same things so we usually tour together, most of the time we do the same parks in the morning and then split up for the afternoon/evenings. We have teased the newbies that I will be the one with the tour guide shirt on and carrying the banner, just follow me!

Yes we are staying at BC not the villas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!