2014 Beach & Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun *DO NOT POST HERE- FIND NEW THREAD*

Status
Not open for further replies.
We took this route several times (usually from MK to BC) and it's about 45 mins. We definitely didn't do it as a time saver, more a sanity saver. We weren't often in a rush to get back to the resort and rather liked avoiding the bus via a stroll through EPCOT. It's an enjoyable adventure and we plan to partake again this summer.

This is our thinking; if we are not in a rush, enjoy your surroundings.

Wow only a 50% chance?!? I'm going to try to amend our YC reservation if the summer discounts go live this week. I was afraid that we might have to switch to BC but the balcony is a MUST for us so that stat you mentioned is good to know. The main reason we choose a deluxe is for the balconies. We also like to sit out there and have some down time while my son naps. I've read out there before, and at night we love having some wine out on the patio. We learned that if we relax on the bed while waiting for our son to sleep we get sleepy too which is not always ideal. We need adult time too! ;)
There are rooms at the YC that have a great view of the high fireworks from Illuminations. :)

To all experienced BC guests: How long would it take to get to the MK entrance via the monorail, allowing for the time to walk from the BC to the entrance of Epcot, and include a transfer to monorail that goes to the MK?

We took this route several times (usually from MK to BC) and it's about 45 mins. We definitely didn't do it as a time saver, more a sanity saver. We weren't often in a rush to get back to the resort and rather liked avoiding the bus via a stroll through EPCOT. It's an enjoyable adventure and we plan to partake again this summer.
We like to take the monorail from MK to Epcot and walk through it to get to the BC, too. In fact, we are looking forward to that. :) I would say that 45 minutes to do that would be a good guess. The buses from Mk to BC can sometimes take that long, since they often sit at MK waiting to fill before returning to the resorts. But we almost always take the bus from BC to Mk, since it is only about a 15 minute ride.

Thank you all for your quick responses on the Captain's Grill breakfast question.

I have walked up before and had to wait maybe 20 mins tops. I'm not sure how it would be if it were a busy time of the year. I would live dangerously and go without the reservation:scared1:

~N :)

What's a vacation for, if not for living dangerously! We will go reservationless.

Ooh! Ohh!! Pick Me I Know!!!

Yes you can do walk ups for breakfast at the Captain's Grille! I HAVE!!! You run the variable risk of being delayed or even shut out if it is insanely busy or they have not adequately staffed the restaurant, but if it were me, I would mosey on over at some point prior to my stay and ask the staff what they think about a walk up during the time frame I am considering.

If I knew for sure that we definitely wanted to eat here, like lets say a nice breakfast before our plane departs I would book a definite time so we wouldn't be delayed....

But if I was rolling out of bed all hung over and desperate for a lobster omelet, I would haul my sorry butt down there as soon as I could muster the strength and take my chances at a walk up. The mere sight of me in this condition would be enough for the staff at the restaurant to take pity on me and hide me in a dark corner of the restaurant, preferably not near the wavy moving picture, and rehydrate me with citrus filled electrolytes.

I'm thinking that this second scenario is probably closer to your actual circumstances so I'm sure my experience will be of assistance to you.

~NM

While I would like to defend myself against this presumption of my morning state, I really can't in good conscience. Given my likely resemblance to being in a condition that doesn't meet the standards of a reservation, I will happily enjoy my trip to the Crew's Cup Lounge in the evening and a reservationless breakfast with the Captain in the morning.

Saying hello...we'll be back at our favorite Disney resort this July! We arrive on the 17th. Can't wait to show it all to my mom for the first time.

So what's this chatter about Captain's Grille being a buffet for dinner? When did (or will) that go into affect? We liked grabbing a sit down dinner there but would not want to go if it becomes a buffet.

Saw a post about it on the restaurant board: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3249833

Has anyone heard about this?

If this is true I am so bringing my gallon size zip lock bags and loading up for the rest of my week! Between them and my Tupperware resealable containers I should be keeping the microwave in the Marketplace humming for quite some time. Yeah sure, the salad will get a little soggy after a couple of days in storage but it's a small price to pay for saying goodbye to Walmart!

Yee ha!

And yes... I AM AWARE that the Cape May buffet was an all you care to eat location but those pointy little crab legs were poking holes in my bags and we just can't have that now can we?

;)

~NM

We'll definitely check and see if the rumor about a dinner buffet at Captain's Grill is true. With the AP discount, this could be a good dinner option.

Why 2 buffets within 100 yards of each other? Captains Grille was a nice option for the family where we didn't have to fight the buffet crowds and weren't looking at "signature" prices...

Can we rally enough support (equal to the shower brigade) to reverse this back to non-buffet???

What time should I plan on leaving the room (garden view) so I will be certain to get to MK for rope drop on June 2?

This will be my first time staying onsite, first trip as an adult and first trip ever for my kids (ds12, ds8, and dd6).

We want to spend our first full day in the MK!

Thanks!

Staying at BC in early August in a GV room. Does anyone have any preference for location/room #'s. We would like an upper floor with a full balcony on lagoon side of building. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

Why 2 buffets within 100 yards of each other? Captains Grille was a nice option for the family where we didn't have to fight the buffet crowds and weren't looking at "signature" prices...

Can we rally enough support (equal to the shower brigade) to reverse this back to non-buffet???

Perhaps if there was nudity involved. That's always a big draw on this thread...

I think we need to confirm if this is actually true before we strip down for the protest. If it is true we will have to make like one of those shrimp at the Cape May buffet and peel it all off!

~NM

What time should I plan on leaving the room (garden view) so I will be certain to get to MK for rope drop on June 2?

This will be my first time staying onsite, first trip as an adult and first trip ever for my kids (ds12, ds8, and dd6).

We want to spend our first full day in the MK!

Thanks!

I would be at the bus stop an hour before park opening. This will give you time for a bus to actually show up at the stop, make any additional stops and drop you off so you can get through security and the RFID scanner for your tragic band.

~NM

Here are some pictures a friend sent me of the resort. I asked and was told that Dee could use them for the information page if she wanted.

13209472854_e71609ce2b_c.jpg

The sandy/shallow play area closest to the Yacht Club area of the resort. The depth markings in this area indicate two feet.

13209303853_f0e1000ce2_c.jpg

The Large pool slide exit at Storm Along Bay. On the far left you can see the path you take to get to the slide steps. This also serves as an Exit/Entrance to the pool closest to the LAKE SIDE entrance of the Beach Club Hotel. There is a towel bin stationed here as well as a Cast Member who will be checking to see if you have the correct Magic Band info revealing that you are a current Beach Club/ Yacht Club/ Beach Club Villas guest and are allowed access to the pool.

13209304933_fb9259a352_c.jpg

The games area at Storm Along Bay surrounded by a million chairs, none of which have towels on them.... yet.

13209477774_05216d890b_c.jpg

The Beach Club Solarium showing the path on the left that eventually leads to the Marketplace on the left and the lobby area on the right.

13209308973_d927a1d397_c.jpg

The Crews Cup Lounge I think??

13209482734_2f32c2396a_c.jpg

Storm Along Bay Water fall and Hot tub area (to the right) The hot tubs are behind this waterfall.

13209484014_1ccbb0f626_c.jpg

The Beach Club QUIET!! Pool. The Hot tub at the quiet pool is on the left behind that umbrella. There are lounge chairs and a towel bin in the area where the quiet pool hot tub is located.

~NM

I just realized the Ducks swimming in the shallow sandy area near the Yacht Club do not appear to be wearing Magic Bands! Someone who is at the resort now should call security on them!!

~NM

Agree with the PP that the colours in those photos really pop, NM. So much so, I'm not sure you'll want to look at them in your post inebriation / pre Captain's Grille state :rotfl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter