(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone! We’re staying at the GF for the 1st time in November! I’d like to ask if it’s true that the SL building rooms were all updated. Thanks so much!

Fab. That's all we want. Just one each. Thank you!
Actually we get our to go drinks from all the bars seasonally open. Both pools , narcoossees, citricos and mizners all will do it. I say this because 1 may be closer to you or 2nd one may have a drink you like the others don't.

Last year dd tried both pools, mizners and citricos for a strawberry daiquiri . When she came back to me sitting in the lounge at sl without one the manager asked her why? (we had been chatting)When she said she couldn't find one he called narcoossees because he thought they had and confirmed before she went to get it. Then when she got back he also comped the room for her efforts.

Another reason we say gf has the best service.

You can also get lapu lapus from poly in the pineapple to go and carry back. The walk isn't too far between the resorts.

Actually we get our to go drinks from all the bars seasonally open. Both pools , narcoossees, citricos and mizners all will do it. I say this because 1 may be closer to you or 2nd one may have a drink you like the others don't.

Last year dd tried both pools, mizners and citricos for a strawberry daiquiri . When she came back to me sitting in the lounge at sl without one the manager asked her why? (we had been chatting)When she said she couldn't find one he called narcoossees because he thought they had and confirmed before she went to get it. Then when she got back he also comped the room for her efforts.

Another reason we say gf has the best service.

You can also get lapu lapus from poly in the pineapple to go and carry back. The walk isn't too far between the resorts.
Oh wow! Thanks for this, we will check out all the menus!

Does anyone have info about what the GF did for Christmas Eve last year? I believe I heard that in the past Mickey & Minnie have been in the lobby? I am trying to figure out our plans for that evening.

Thank you!
Mice on Cristmas Eve.jpg

Ashley Marie, sorry this is so late. But, yes there were Mice on Christmas Eve. In fact, they have a meet and greet by the Tree on several evenings leading up to Christmas. The CMs will be able to give you the exact dates & times of the appearances. Last year, I believe they came out about 5pm and the queue began to form about half an hour before that. This was one of the photos I took with my own camera. There is a Photopass photographer present, though. Santa Claus also visits on Christmas Eve and various other evenings during Christmas week. He has a throne on the opposite side of the Tree to the Mouse meet and greet. The festive costumes for Mickey and Minnie do change occasionally. We have also seen Minnie in a red fur-trimmed, and rather luscious, festive costume. But, the costumes seen in this photo are typical of their GF Christmas attire! Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Fab. That's all we want. Just one each. Thank you!

Don't know if you drink wine, but you can also pick up wine in the gift shop. Some disney gift shops also have bottles of liquor for sale but I didn't visit the GF gift shops last time we visited so can't confirm. We always like to have a bottle of wine in the room to enjoy on our patio. Feels very serene to toast our vacation in our room!

Is the RPC lounge open all day? Is there always food items out (or do they have downtime?) When does it close for the evening? Thank you!

What can you tell me about "preferred" seating at the pool? We had a cabana rented for our stay next week and received a call from GF stating that the cabanas had been destroyed during the hurricane (which was already posted on this board), and offered a full refund of the cabana plus preferred seating (as well as other options).

Is the RPC lounge open all day? Is there always food items out (or do they have downtime?) When does it close for the evening? Thank you!

The lounge space itself is open all of the time. It's an open area on the 4th floor that overlooks the main lobby, has seating in various places, etc. Here's the handout with hours of services/offerings (accurate as of April but I suspect has not changed). Note that even though it says lounge hours are 7-10, the lounge space never closes - you could sit in the lounge at midnight if you so desire (there just aren't CMs or food/beverage offerings available).

Hope that helps!

Lounge Handout - April 2017.JPG

Last edited:
What can you tell me about "preferred" seating at the pool? We had a cabana rented for our stay next week and received a call from GF stating that the cabanas had been destroyed during the hurricane (which was already posted on this board), and offered a full refund of the cabana plus preferred seating (as well as other options).

Did they give you any more info about what/where the "preferred" seating is? Not sure I've seen anyone report about it yet.

The pic below is what is there now instead of the cabanas (NOT AN ACTUAL PIC, JUST AN EXAMPLE). There are four of them. Not sure if they are renting these out as "preferred" seating?
Example of Temp GF Cabana.jpg

The lounge space itself is open all of the time. It's an open area on the 4th floor that overlooks the main lobby, has seating in various places, etc. Here's the handout with hours of services/offerings (accurate as of April but I suspect has not changed). Note that even though it says lounge hours are 7-10, the lounge space never closes - you could sit in the lounge at midnight if you so desire (there just aren't CMs or food/beverage offerings available).

Hope that helps!

View attachment 278401

You're the best! Always so helpful!! :flower3:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter