(2014-2020) Disney's GRAND FLORIDIAN RESORT & SPA + VILLAS Information & Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the rooms at GF very well but I can say that the room finder tool on TouringPlans website is extremely inaccurate when it comes to room amenities and rooms types. Hopefully one of the GF experts can answer your question.

Ok thanks. I see there was talk about booking the queen deluxes as recently as last year and how they are hard to get. I just don't see them listed at all, even as unavailable. Wondering if they've gone the way of the deluxe rooms in sugarloaf, by request, or if they were done away with.

Hi all! I just switched up our upcoming trip and we're now staying RPC, yay! :banana: It will be our first GF stay and I am so excited. I've been looking at rooms on TouringPlans and I see some are listed as Deluxe Rooms with two queen beds. I don't see that booking option, only the King Deluxe rooms. So, I'm wondering how you get one of those queen bed deluxe rooms. It it something you just have to request and hope for the best or am I just overlooking it in the room list for booking? Thanks!!

You have to call WDW reservations. You can't book it online.

On touring plans it looks like the deluxe rooms with queen beds are only in the outter buildings, not the main building. When I spoke with Disney reservations I was told deluxe room/outter building with two queen beds was a booking category.

I also wonder if the room finder on touring plans is accurate or not because when I search for what I booked (garden view, two queens, roll in shower) it only pulls I rooms in one building and that building seems to be the furthest away from the resort amenities. Not saying touring plans room finder is wrong but I'm starting to think it isn't totally accurate or up to date.

If anyone has more info about what rooms are in which sections of the resort I'd love to read about it.

On touring plans it looks like the deluxe rooms with queen beds are only in the outter buildings, not the main building. When I spoke with Disney reservations I was told deluxe room/outter building with two queen beds was a booking category.

I also wonder if the room finder on touring plans is accurate or not because when I search for what I booked (garden view, two queens, roll in shower) it only pulls I rooms in one building and that building seems to be the furthest away from the resort amenities. Not saying touring plans room finder is wrong but I'm starting to think it isn't totally accurate or up to date.

If anyone has more info about what rooms are in which sections of the resort I'd love to read about it.

I have found it extremely inaccurate.

You have to call WDW reservations. You can't book it online.

Ok thanks! I just called and was told the only deluxe rooms they have with queen beds are in the outer buildings. So weird. Maybe it's a case of finding a CM who knows what they're looking for? I'm sure they're all booked at this point anyway since we are staying in May.

Ok thanks! I just called and was told the only deluxe rooms they have with queen beds are in the outer buildings. So weird. Maybe it's a case of finding a CM who knows what they're looking for? I'm sure they're all booked at this point anyway since we are staying in May.

We have one of those rooms booked for May. I believe there are six at the most. We tend to book about a year out in order to secure a deluxe queen. Sorry if we stole your room type! :oops:

They tend to book fast. I've never booked one.

We have one of those rooms booked for May. I believe there are six at the most. We tend to book about a year out in order to secure a deluxe queen. Sorry if we stole your room type! :oops:

I just learned about them, first come first served! :thumbsup2 Hopefully we'll love RPC so much I'll have to book again and I'll see if I can book one for May 2017 when we're there this May.

the queen deluxe are our favorite room category :) you need to call, i've never seen them listed on the website but they most certainly do have them.

I just learned about them, first come first served! :thumbsup2 Hopefully we'll love RPC so much I'll have to book again and I'll see if I can book one for May 2017 when we're there this May.
I hope you have a great stay!

As for the Deluxe Queen rooms, 4320 and 4420 overlook the Courtyard Pool, facing Boca Chica. They are rectangular but spacious. They also have connecting doors for the neighbouring rooms. 4322 and 4422 overlook the Lagoon, Beach Pool, Villas and the Polynesian. They are irregular in shape with an entry area distinct from the living space. 4422 has a double balcony and is found in a little hallway off the main atrium. 4320 has a deeper bathtub. I have no idea about the other two Deluxe Queens- I believe they have six of this room type. But, I can tell you that any of these rooms are comfy. They remain our favourite GF rooms.

Last edited:
Tom Thsnks for leaving the place in good shape for us!!! :goodvibes

Wishes Hey there!!! :hug: Great to see you around here!

Grannyminnie, Trish, Dispro ,pas, follow, Mexi, TJA, loveshak, Lisann...and everyone else too...hope that you had a terrific Thursday. ..tired GF Gal...who loved being at my happy place!

PS...Lotsa good food..along with pics to share. .CL did not disappoint...and was as lovely as ever...

Last edited:
I had a deluxe queen room on 3rd floor of RPC not far from elevators & CM desks.

Hi Blue! Thanks for the pictures. So hoping that we can get to Disney again within in next 10 years! DS told me that he has applied for Disney internship for the summer and for next semester. If he does go to Disney, what kind of mother would I be if I didn't see him and have him stay at the GF!

How was the weather? Looks sunny, but a bit chilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter