2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
For most Star Wars weekends, Fantasmic is at 8/8:30 and then again at 10:30, with the Star Wars fireworks and show at 9:30.

Ok - so I just checked and our ADR is at 10:25. I think we might just be able to see both Fantasmic and then the Star Wars Fireworks before heading back to the BC. We may have to leave the Star Wars one a bit early.

Ok - so I just checked and our ADR is at 10:25. I think we might just be able to see both Fantasmic and then the Star Wars Fireworks before heading back to the BC. We may have to leave the Star Wars one a bit early.

I haven't seen it yet, but from what I have been told on other forums the show ends by 9:55. I'd maybe watch it from further down the street closer to the exit, but sounds like you should make it if you walk and eliminate a possible wait for a boat. Once you get out of the park it usually takes me 15-20 minutes to walk to the BC.

Ok guys... BC room 4530 has a balcony that is so big I literally started laughing. I will post pics tomorrow, we just got in and it's 3 am. This is a refurbished room and it is absolutely stunning. I can see the Epcot ball and it looks like it's a great view of the fireworks. But seriously this is the craziest balcony I've ever seen. It's so big I had to use the flashlight on my phone to walk all the way down it. It goes across the entire peak of the end of the building so it's completely private since there are no neighbors. I'm pretty sure it's as long as a bowling alley lane. Can't wait for daylight to take pics. This is definitely a room to request if you need 2 queens and are ok with no sofa/daybed.
[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Ok I can't figure out how to post the pics from my phone. Lol fail!

:welcome: to the FAQ thread!

What a wonderful surprise for your daughters. A beach and Beach Club trip sounds awesome!!!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

end of July or early August?

:woohoo:

Thank you Natebenma!! We are actually checking in July 30 and out Aug 2 so probably July. The last surprise trip was 2 years ago for oldest DDs completion of middle school and to see our cousin during her CP. We stayed at the Poly the last trip and we loved it. We are trying to work our way through all the resorts!

I've been thinking about this issue with milkshakes not being available for takeout at Beaches & Cream. How easy is it to obtain a last minute ADR at B&C? Do they take any walk-ins near closing time?

For most Star Wars weekends, Fantasmic is at 8/8:30 and then again at 10:30, with the Star Wars fireworks and show at 9:30.
We will be there for SWW III (last weekend in May) and F! is scheduled at 9 and 10:30 during our trip. Assume it's the same for all weekends. The show will end around 9:30, so you should have plenty of time to walk/boat to BC.

Hi guys! I'm a complete newbie here but we've decided to change from the Wilderness Lodge to the BC for our upcoming September vacation. I'm mostly excited to have the convenience of Epcot and HS so close.

We will be there for SWW III (last weekend in May) and F! is scheduled at 9 and 10:30 during our trip. Assume it's the same for all weekends. The show will end around 9:30, so you should have plenty of time to walk/boat to BC.

sorry @AliceIn I misread the maRCH schedule as maY when I looked and it had 8:30 for March. It is at 9 but same story, you may still be able to catch the fireworks from the very end of the street, by the front gates (the fireworks are at the end of the show, first there is a stage show) depending on where they make you exit fantasmic and how long it takes to exit. I'd definitely try it! They are known as some of the better fireworks at the world.

I've been thinking about this issue with milkshakes not being available for takeout at Beaches & Cream. How easy is it to obtain a last minute ADR at B&C? Do they take any walk-ins near closing time?

My daughter had a take out milkshake from B&C 3 weeks ago. (Not sit down--from the walk-up line.) New policy?

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but have all of the CL access rooms that are not on the 5th floor been refurbed? Or are they following the same refurb schedule as the floor where they're located?

Beaches and Cream Take Out New.jpg TakeOutMenu.jpg

Not the best picture but the one on the left is the new (as of January 2015) take out menu at Beaches and Cream. The one on the right is from 2013.

I think they may still make you one if they have time or maybe they've added it back???

My love of my B&C Milkshake inspired me to send an email to guest communications. I recieved a follow up phone call asking questions that I politely answered. If anyone else feels the same I gladly give you the email address to send your correspondense. .

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Ok. Bring back the Milkshake campaign over. (For now)

Pardon me if this has been asked before, but have all of the CL access rooms that are not on the 5th floor been refurbed? Or are they following the same refurb schedule as the floor where they're located?

No, as of two weeks ago. We were in a deluxe CL room on the 3rd floor and it was not refurbished yet. We were told they were still working on the 4th floor while we were there.

[GALLERY=][/GALLERY]

Ok I can't figure out how to post the pics from my phone. Lol fail!

No worries!!! We can all wait until you get back home.

Or if you have a couple you would like me to post, you can email them to me: beachclubdee at yahoo and I will post them. :)

There are two ways to post photos- one is to upload your pictures to a separate site like Photobucket or Flickr so you can share the link.

There is now a direct way to post pictures- the Upload a File option when you are replying to a post...

BUT- if your pictures are too large, you need to resize them first

AND- this feature has been super wonky for the past week.

So don't get frustrated and continue enjoying yourself!!!

:goodvibes:

No, as of two weeks ago. We were in a deluxe CL room on the 3rd floor and it was not refurbished yet. We were told they were still working on the 4th floor while we were there.

Darn, darn, darn, darn… Was the room in good condition? We are going in July, and I snagged a discount for a deluxe CL room with the summer rates yesterday. This is our only option for staying CL with a family of 5 for anything other than a standard view. We hadn't stayed BC since '12 because our room/the hallways were in such poor condition when we stayed there, but the refurb was done so well that BC got pulled back into our rotation when we tried out a new CL room for a night in December. I know there are only 6 of these rooms: I'm assuming the 4th floor has been done (which would be 2 rooms), and hopefully the 3rd floor will be done by July (which would be another 2 rooms)? At that point, maybe only the 1st and 2nd floors (1 room on each floor) might still be in the process of being redone, giving us a 4 in 6 chance of getting a refurbed room? Does anyone have any sort of timetable as to where construction will be by July?

Or should I just stay SV?

My love of my B&C Milkshake inspired me to send an email to guest communications. I recieved a follow up phone call asking questions that I politely answered. If anyone else feels the same I gladly give you the email address to send your correspondense. .

wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Ok. Bring back the Milkshake campaign over. (For now)

I'll send them a message and will post if I receive a response. When my ADR window opens next month, I'll be making a late ADR at B&C for many evenings during my vacation. I know it seems like an extreme measure to purchase a $5 milikshake, but if that is what it takes, so be it!

Last edited:
Darn, darn, darn, darn… Was the room in good condition? We are going in July, and I snagged a discount for a deluxe CL room with the summer rates yesterday. This is our only option for staying CL with a family of 5 for anything other than a standard view. We hadn't stayed BC since '12 because our room/the hallways were in such poor condition when we stayed there, but the refurb was done so well that BC got pulled back into our rotation when we tried out a new CL room for a night in December. I know there are only 6 of these rooms: I'm assuming the 4th floor has been done (which would be 2 rooms), and hopefully the 3rd floor will be done by July (which would be another 2 rooms)? At that point, maybe only the 1st and 2nd floors (1 room on each floor) might still be in the process of being redone, giving us a 4 in 6 chance of getting a refurbed room? Does anyone have any sort of timetable as to where construction will be by July?

Or should I just stay SV?

The room and hallway, etc, were fine aside from the slow running drains in the tub (which they fixed while we were there) and both sinks (which they did not). I would think the third floor would be done by July.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter