2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another little question, not quite on topic, but you guys are the best...Our first full day will be Easter Sunday. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 11:20. We are thinking if having a lazy morning and then drive to CR for brunch. Can we leave our car there and then go into MK after brunch or will we need to move the car and park at MK?

As stated, the resort parking lots, including the CR, are for guests staying, shopping or dining at those resorts. None of them are designed nor are they big enough, for theme park parking. There is nothing more aggravating than to be paying top dollar and staying at a Deluxe Resort than to arrive "home" in the late afternoon or early evening and not be able to find a parking space. This happens at the BC too, with folks going into Epcot.
There are signs posted to this effect.
If you want to leave your car at the CR after your leisurely breakfast you will need to pay to valet park the car. This way you can stay and head to the MK
Have a Great Vacation.

page 147-150

Well, nothing works as planned... now our flight has been canceled. We will arrive on 18.2. instead of 19.2.
Now we have 3 different bookings for our BC stay. Wondering if they can manage to give us one room for the complete stay or we have to move twice... (first night is garden view, other nights standard view)
In case you wonder why we did not simply prolong our stay: first stay was special offer via Disney UK. Then we switched to Disney US for room only reservation because it was much cheaper.

Sorry to hear about your cancelled flight. I hate it when that happens!

I think it is very possible that you would be able stay in the same room (although you may need to check in and check out with the different packages).

Am I assuming correctly that you would prefer to spend the first night in a standard view room, even though you are booked GV, if it means you don't have to switch rooms during your stay? If that is the case, I would try to add that to the reservation. "If possible, would prefer to stay in same room from Feb 18 until checkout day".

:thumbsup2

Merry Christmas to all my dis family!

My mom got me the coolest gift. When we ate at the Flying Fish, I commented on how much I loved the espresso cups. My mom must have asked the waitress where they came from. She got me four of them. They are awesome! And, in case anyone is curious, they come from Macy's. I'll try to post a photo of anyone is curious. But it was so thoughtful and reminds me of our summer Disney trip.

That is such a thoughtful and meaningful gift!

:goodvibes

I guess you can delete me from the BOG list. I am no longer going. :sad:

But instead, I am going to walk the Camino de Santiago, so that's good! :dance3:

So sorry to hear about your change in plans, but if you are happy, I'm happy! Have a great trip and I hope to see you back here sometime.

:)

Thanks Natebenma! I'm starting to worry about little things right now. This will be our first trip in 7 years and only my second time. The last time we went my youngest wasn't born and the girls were only 2 & 5, so it's almost like a first trip for them. The girls will be having birthdays when we are there so I really want it to be special. We are going during Easter week so I know the crowds will be crazy and it's costing a ton if money since no discounts are offered so I just want it to go well. Now I'm worried about construction, daybeds, which you've made me feel a little better, and pool refurb! The first time we went we were at the Caribbean and the pool was under construction, so hoping for better luck this time! Maybe even a refurbed room :)

I am not aware of any plans for a pool rehab at SAB during Easter and I would be very surprised to have one scheduled at that time. The only reason work would be done then is if an emergency repair is necessary.

We had 10 "magical" nights booked at the Poly for August 16-26 and I started thinking we've never stayed at an Epcot resort. Checked into pricing and made the change to a split stay. We're now staying 5 nights at Poly August 16-21 and 5 nights at the Yacht Club August 21-26. This is our 6th trip to WDW and our 1st stay at both the Poly and Yacht Club. Looking forward to Stormalong Bay.

Martin

:welcome: Martin!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread. Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

:cool1:

Hi everyone,

Merry Christmas. My family of 5 have stayed at the BC several times over the last few years and have always stayed garden view (sometimes concierge) and have always got lucky with a full balcony (I always request it).

However, this year I have got a very good rate through a TA block booking that is only for standard view and my question is whether this is likely to make it less easy to get a full balcony. Basically are there as many full balconies on standard view as garden view. To make things more complicated we are a family of 5 so need the day bed. I really love sitting on the balcony so if it is going to significantly reduce my chance of getting a balcony I may pass on the offer.

Thanks for any advice.

:welcome:

I didn't see you on the Be Our Guest list. Is your trip in August?

I don't think that the chances of a full balcony change based on view category. The rooms with the smaller Juliet balconies are spread throughout the resort, all view categories. If you are able to switch your booking to the Yacht Club, all of the rooms there have full balconies.

:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I was wondering if all of the first floor garden view rooms in the BC have a full size patio?
Thanks!!!

Pretty sure all of the first floor rooms at the Beach Club have full-sized patios, but if I am wrong, someone please correct me.

Hi.

I've sent some photos of room 5692 (standard view club level) at BC to your email account.

The room was perfect for us --- we don't spend a ton of time staring out the window or sitting on the balcony, but do spend time in the room so the larger room size and full size queen bed was awesome for us. It was close to the lounge (but not too close.)

We had a wonderful time and all the CL staff were awesome.

Thanks so much for the pictures. They are great! When I get a chance I will upload them and post them here and on the view thread.

Does anyone have a progress report on the room refurbishments at the BC?

They are working on the fourth floor now. I'm haven't heard anything beyond what has been reported previously (see first post of this thread), but I'm hoping after the first of the year we will start to get more news.

Now that Christmas is over I can start the real fun.....planning for the next trip to Disney:goodvibes

Dee can you please add my family to the Be Our Guest list? We will be staying at the Beach Club, club level August 20-29. We booked a BB last summer for the free dining.
I don't post much but love following this thread- thanks for all the wonderful information!

:welcome: back!!!

I am happy to be adding your back to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

As stated, the resort parking lots, including the CR, are for guests staying, shopping or dining at those resorts. None of them are designed nor are they big enough, for theme park parking. There is nothing more aggravating than to be paying top dollar and staying at a Deluxe Resort than to arrive "home" in the late afternoon or early evening and not be able to find a parking space. This happens at the BC too, with folks going into Epcot. There are signs posted to this effect. If you want to leave your car at the CR after your leisurely breakfast you will need to pay to valet park the car. This way you can stay and head to the MK Have a Great Vacation.

Yes, of course. It will only be my second visit, first in seven years and I'm trying to think of all the little things, like logistics, and didn't think it through before asking. Don't worry, I won't be hogging the space.

Another little question, not quite on topic, but you guys are the best...Our first full day will be Easter Sunday. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 11:20. We are thinking if having a lazy morning and then drive to CR for brunch. Can we leave our car there and then go into MK after brunch or will we need to move the car and park at MK?

Let's try to answer this again, this time way more positively! :thumbsup2

YES! You CAN park at a resort you are NOT staying at. All you have to do is park using the Valet, which costs $20 dollars without any tip that you might like to include. You can park at a resort ALL DAY using the Valet parking option. It's a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary or you can opt to take the resort monorail and get there. The choice is yours.

See? That was easy. The reply answered the question without injecting any unnecessary 'baggage' into the mix. :)

~NM

I've been reading a lot of bad reviews for YC, is it worth switching to BC? We are booked for August through a "magical deal", but hope we aren't going to be disappointed. We enjoy Epcot and Hollywood more thank MK, so YC or BC seemed to make the most sense, any suggestions would be great.

Let's try to answer this again, this time way more positively! :thumbsup2

YES! You CAN park at a resort you are NOT staying at. All you have to do is park using the Valet, which costs $20 dollars without any tip that you might like to include. You can park at a resort ALL DAY using the Valet parking option. It's a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary or you can opt to take the resort monorail and get there. The choice is yours.

See? That was easy. The reply answered the question without injecting any unnecessary 'baggage' into the mix. :)

~NM

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Sounds great, so great that we are doing the exact same thing but in July and staying at the BC instead of the YC. We are booked at the BC for three nights before moving over to the Poly for six nights. Have a great trip!

I looked into June and July but just could not pass up the magical agency exclusive deal in August. It means DS will miss the first three days of 7th grade but he started middle school in the same school this year and they did no new work until after Labor Day.

mhconley, we'll be there about the same time you are. Staying three nights at Poly, then moving the BC for four nights.

:welcome: Martin!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 of this thread. Please let us know if you have any questions about the resort.

Thanks... My TA submitted our room request for "high floor on the Crescent Lake side of the resort". I don't know how many standard rooms fit that request but we'll see how it goes.

Martin

Let's try to answer this again, this time way more positively! :thumbsup2 YES! You CAN park at a resort you are NOT staying at. All you have to do is park using the Valet, which costs $20 dollars without any tip that you might like to include. You can park at a resort ALL DAY using the Valet parking option. It's a quick walk to the Magic Kingdom from the Contemporary or you can opt to take the resort monorail and get there. The choice is yours. See? That was easy. The reply answered the question without injecting any unnecessary 'baggage' into the mix. :) ~NM

Thank you! :)

I've been reading a lot of bad reviews for YC, is it worth switching to BC? We are booked for August through a "magical deal", but hope we aren't going to be disappointed. We enjoy Epcot and Hollywood more thank MK, so YC or BC seemed to make the most sense, any suggestions would be great.
Gee, I don't know what "bad" things people are saying about the YC but I think if you were to look back through this thread you will see a lot of "positive" comments about the resort (mine included). The BC is just as nice and if you feel that you would not be happy with a stay at the YC I think you are best served in switching and not being concerned about what others are saying. That's just one less thing to worry about for your WDW stay and I know there are a lot of other things to worry about! However, just to be fair, we know that there are people that have had bad experiences but you will find those happening at any of the places you might want to stay (hey, it happens to all of us). Overall, I think the people staying at the YC have had positive comments to make and when they did encounter an issue, the hotel management did their best to resolve the problem when and where they could do so.

Katesdad

Today marks 180 days until we arrive at the Beach Club! I booked Cape May Cafe and Beaches and Cream this morning. Can't wait!

Finally had a chance to stop by the thread to take a peek at the room refurbishment photos...wow!! Up until now, I have not been a fan of any of the Disney Resort room refurbs of the last couple of years...always look like any hotel anywhere to me. Not this time...they managed a beachy yet elegant design. Love the hidden Mickey touches and of course, the wall print. Hope to enjoy it personallyn in 2015.

Dee, thank you so much for keeping us in the loop...and thanks to all who send pics, and of course, always our Teena!

A belated Merry Christmas to all!

2 weeks today and we check into BCV for the first time!
I cannot wait, and am looking forward to a differect deluxe experience :)

Already started packing and rewashing our warm weather clothes (I am originally from Canada so 'cool' weather in FL is summer to me :teeth:)

Can someone please let me know if there are regular YC GV rooms overlooking the (lakeside) YC courtyard entrance (that connects to the lighthouse)? I know that there are GV CL rooms in that courtyard, but wasn't sure if the only regular GV lakeside rooms are those overlooking the wedding gazebo courtyard.

Thank you! :)

Can someone please let me know if there are regular YC GV rooms overlooking the (lakeside) YC courtyard entrance (that connects to the lighthouse)? I know that there are GV CL rooms in that courtyard, but wasn't sure if the only regular GV lakeside rooms are those overlooking the wedding gazebo courtyard. Thank you!
The answer to your question is yes. I was in one a few weeks ago.

Katesdad

We are hearing yes, but we don't know exactly when. We have been told that it will start when the BC renovation is still underway and before the YC refurb has started.

and I think most importantly that Teena posted it should not be a huge renovation (Like the Polynesian) It should be a "minimal" disruption to guests (i.e. most work being done during the day - or while most guests are at the parks)

and I believe I've read that Stormalong Bay has a fence around it, so there will not be the huge renovation at the pool, like Wilderness Lodge had.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter