2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had 10 "magical" nights booked at the Poly for August 16-26 and I started thinking we've never stayed at an Epcot resort. Checked into pricing and made the change to a split stay. We're now staying 5 nights at Poly August 16-21 and 5 nights at the Yacht Club August 21-26. This is our 6th trip to WDW and our 1st stay at both the Poly and Yacht Club. Looking forward to Stormalong Bay.

Martin

Sounds great, so great that we are doing the exact same thing but in July and staying at the BC instead of the YC. We are booked at the BC for three nights before moving over to the Poly for six nights. Have a great trip!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all. Teena, hope the trip back home was uneventful and that you have things in order for the special visitors you have coming next week.

Katesdad

Thanks!! Trip home was fine and Southwest didn't lose any of my luggage for a change.

We are ready for January 6th. Lily informed Jeanne and me the other day when someone asked her if she was excited about Santa coming that Santa is ok but PopPop gives me the most presents. I have a feeling you totally relate to that statement too!!!

I'm working the next two Sundays and Mondays and then the fun begins with Jeanne and Lily. Her doctor said the best way to get up your strength after surgery is to walk and he can't think of a better place to do it than WDW!

Happy New Year!!!

Just did online check-in for our Feb 1-5 BC stay! The only room request I made via online check-in was "upper floor". Do you think I will manage to get a room on the 4th floor - or should I also follow up with a fax when we get closer to our trip? I am hoping to get one of the refurbished rooms!

Just did online check-in for our Feb 1-5 BC stay! The only room request I made via online check-in was "upper floor". Do you think I will manage to get a room on the 4th floor - or should I also follow up with a fax when we get closer to our trip? I am hoping to get one of the refurbished rooms!

I'm not sure if the room assignors look at faxes at BC:confused3. The best way to put in a request for any Wdw resort is to phone central reservations and have your request noted on your res.
the only resorts I know for sure still accept fax requests is the POR resorts.

I'm not sure if the room assignors look at faxes at BC:confused3. The best way to put in a request for any Wdw resort is to phone central reservations and have your request noted on your res. the only resorts I know for sure still accept fax requests is the POR resorts.

When I did this with Member Services for DVC, I had requested an Upper Floor with a Pool View.
When my Online check in time came, I noticed the the 'request' boxes had been checked with both of those requests already.
Now when I check, there is no longer the option for Pool view and only Upper Floor is checked.

Anyone know what happened?

When we went on to do online check in there was only upper or lower floor. I would have picked close to lobby if possible. Why only the two options?

mhconley, we'll be there about the same time you are. Staying three nights at Poly, then moving the BC for four nights.

Thinking back to the dis meet, did I mention Dumbo is my least favorite Disney movie? Because I'm watching it now with Things 3 & 4. Thing 4 keeps saying "she's so sad." We're 20 minutes in and I feel like pouring myself a drink. This thing is sooo depressing.

Hi Everyone :) I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! I was wondering if all of the first floor garden view rooms in the BC have a full size patio?
Thanks!!!

Hi.

I've sent some photos of room 5692 (standard view club level) at BC to your email account.

The room was perfect for us --- we don't spend a ton of time staring out the window or sitting on the balcony, but do spend time in the room so the larger room size and full size queen bed was awesome for us. It was close to the lounge (but not too close.)

We had a wonderful time and all the CL staff were awesome.

mhconley, we'll be there about the same time you are. Staying three nights at Poly, then moving the BC for four nights.

Thinking back to the dis meet, did I mention Dumbo is my least favorite Disney movie? Because I'm watching it now with Things 3 & 4. Thing 4 keeps saying "she's so sad." We're 20 minutes in and I feel like pouring myself a drink. This thing is sooo depressing.

it is depressing! I had to change the channel, I wanted to cry for mom - and I don't think I lasted 20 minutes!

Another little question, not quite on topic, but you guys are the best...Our first full day will be Easter Sunday. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 11:20. We are thinking if having a lazy morning and then drive to CR for brunch. Can we leave our car there and then go into MK after brunch or will we need to move the car and park at MK?

When we went on to do online check in there was only upper or lower floor. I would have picked close to lobby if possible. Why only the two options?
You can call resort reservations to add your request. The CM's who do the room assignments will see both your called in requests and the online ones.

I'm working the next two Sundays and Mondays and then the fun begins with Jeanne and Lily. Her doctor said the best way to get up your strength after surgery is to walk and he can't think of a better place to do it than WDW! Happy New Year!!!

Hi Teena,
I agree that WDW is a great place for walking. Jeanne will definitely be in the right place. :)

We will be in WDW on Sun, Jan 25th and Monday, Jan 26th. Will you be back from your fun with the girls by then? We would love to stop by and say hi.

Another little question, not quite on topic, but you guys are the best...Our first full day will be Easter Sunday. We have reservations at Chef Mickeys at 11:20. We are thinking if having a lazy morning and then drive to CR for brunch. Can we leave our car there and then go into MK after brunch or will we need to move the car and park at MK?
You will need to move your car - there is a time limit (2 Hrs, I believe?) on dining parking. You could park at TTC and take the monorail to CR, then walk or monorail to MK if you didn't want to deal with moving your car?

When I did this with Member Services for DVC, I had requested an Upper Floor with a Pool View.
When my Online check in time came, I noticed the the 'request' boxes had been checked with both of those requests already.
Now when I check, there is no longer the option for Pool view and only Upper Floor is checked.

Anyone know what happened?

Not a clue, I'm not familiar with DVC booking. I do know they do things a bit differently, but never booked DVC.

A little late (mostly stayed off the computer yesterday) but hoping everyone had a
Merry Christmas
and all your holidays are full of chEAR!​

And Thanks For All Your Hard Work Dee!

Ditto this :thumbsup2 Didn't get near computer until now. Hope everyone enjoyed the festivities :goodvibes
Thanks!! Trip home was fine and Southwest didn't lose any of my luggage for a change.

We are ready for January 6th. Lily informed Jeanne and me the other day when someone asked her if she was excited about Santa coming that Santa is ok but PopPop gives me the most presents. I have a feeling you totally relate to that statement too!!!

I'm working the next two Sundays and Mondays and then the fun begins with Jeanne and Lily. Her doctor said the best way to get up your strength after surgery is to walk and he can't think of a better place to do it than WDW!

Happy New Year!!!

Glad to hear all is going well and Jeanne making a good recovery :thumbsup2 Couldn't agree more that WDW is the best place on earth to go walking and laughed out loud when I read Lily's statement about PopPop :lovestrucShe is one very lucky little girl to have you and PopPop as Grandparents!

Hi Teena,
I agree that WDW is a great place for walking. Jeanne will definitely be in the right place. :)

We will be in WDW on Sun, Jan 25th and Monday, Jan 26th. Will you be back from your fun with the girls by then? We would love to stop by and say hi.

Yep, I'll be back at work and Jeanne actually goes back to teaching on the 26th. I look forward to seeing you!!!!

Now that Christmas is over I can start the real fun.....planning for the next trip to Disney:goodvibes

Dee can you please add my family to the Be Our Guest list? We will be staying at the Beach Club, club level August 20-29. We booked a BB last summer for the free dining.
I don't post much but love following this thread- thanks for all the wonderful information!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!