2014/2015 Beach and Yacht Club FAQ, Friends & Fun, Sept 2014-Mayl 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel your pain to some extent! My oldest son will be a HS senior next year. He is just starting to be a fun person again and I am already starting to miss him.

:rotfl2:

Isn't it lovely when teenagers return to human form again :lmao::worship::rotfl: Been there done that twice and still have 1 more to go (but not for a few years) :scared1:

Oh and meant to answer about the ceiling fans -all the rooms (6-I think) I've stayed in over the years at BC/YC have had them:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone! Can someone tell me what the difference between "club level" and "club level access" is when booking a room? Thank you!

The deluxe resorts all have suites and deluxe rooms (larger rooms, usually with an extra sitting area) that are not on the CL floor. Those rooms have "club level access" to the CL lounge. The Poly has suites in a separate longhouse that has its own small lounge, but guests staying in those suites also have access to the lounge in the Hawaii longhouse.

I didn't see this mentioned before so I thought I would share. On the DVC boards, they're reporting the timeline for BCV refurb is 3/15 - 12/15.
Does anyone know if they will be doing all of the BCVs before the regular BC rooms? Or will they be done concurrently? I am going to the BC standard view in Oct and was really hoping to get a refurbed room.

Please DO post if you were able to book a CL room. I booked through Magical Vacations, 5 nights Beach Club and could only get Standard View room. (no CL in any view). thanks!!!!
I booked through Magical Vacations too and was only able to get a BC standard view room.

I'm sorry - I'm sure there's a better place to ask this but I can't figure it out. Also, my TA hasn't responded to my emails (that happens).

We have a room only reservation. My husband is concerned that weather may either delay us or force us to cancel. What is Disney's policy?

I'm trying to determine if we need trip insurance to cover the cost of the room or not. I mean, ideally, we'd just slide our trip a few days later as the flights allowed, but worst case, we'd have to bag the whole thing and go another time.

(12 days. TWELVE DAYS)

Go with Pool View. The courtyard near the the Beach Club is nice but if view is important anything on the pool side would be the better view (BCV's are not known for their views). Here's my view on EPCOT side of the resort right now.

Thank you so much

Please add my family to the list. I just made our reservation for June 16-23. We will be there celebrating my daughter's 10th birthday. This will
be our first stay at the BC.

I'm sorry - I'm sure there's a better place to ask this but I can't figure it out. Also, my TA hasn't responded to my emails (that happens).

We have a room only reservation. My husband is concerned that weather may either delay us or force us to cancel. What is Disney's policy?

I'm trying to determine if we need trip insurance to cover the cost of the room or not. I mean, ideally, we'd just slide our trip a few days later as the flights allowed, but worst case, we'd have to bag the whole thing and go another time.

(12 days. TWELVE DAYS)

Room only reservations made through a TA must be cancelled at least 5 days prior to your arrival date for a full refund. Your TA could call and try to switch your dates, but if rooms are available, you may be subject to a difference in price for the new dates. If you think you may have to change or cancel, make sure you contact the TA in time (sounds like you may have a communication problem there).

Isn't it lovely when teenagers return to human form again :lmao::worship::rotfl: Been there done that twice and still have 1 more to go (but not for a few years) :scared1:

Oh and meant to answer about the ceiling fans -all the rooms (6-I think) I've stayed in over the years at BC/YC have had them:thumbsup2

It really is!!!

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop, though as Ben is now 13 and I'm anxious to see how he handles his teen years. I'm cautiously (and probably stupidly) optimistic...

:lmao:

THREE MORE DAYS! I need to be in the presence of magic, pixie dust and vitamin D. :woohoo::cool1::cheer2:

:banana::banana::banana:

Go with Pool View. The courtyard near the the Beach Club is nice but if view is important anything on the pool side would be the better view (BCV's are not known for their views). Here's my view on EPCOT side of the resort right now.

Thanks for posting the view pictures. That's right, you can't book a view at the villas. You can request a view or location, but of course that is a request only, not a guarantee.

:goodvibes

Does anyone know if they will be doing all of the BCVs before the regular BC rooms? Or will they be done concurrently? I am going to the BC standard view in Oct and was really hoping to get a refurbed room.

My understanding is that work on the BCVs will be starting at the same time as the work on the Beach Club Resort rooms refurb is happening, with different construction crews. The YC refurb will start AFTER the BC rooms are done.

Yesterday somebody posted on the DVC boards that the BCV work is scheduled for March to December, but that is the only place I have seen that reported.

:)

(12 days. TWELVE DAYS)

This is what I remember, but could be wrong...

Now, with room only I think we paid a one-night deposit, which I think is what is at risk if you have to cancel. I believe that there is a 5 day cancellation requirement, but again, I may be incorrect about that.

Possibly if weather is an issue with you getting to the resort, you could contact Disney/the resort to see if they are flexible with delaying your arrival a few days or to a later point in time.

Anyone have actual experience at having to cancel/delay a trip last minute?

:thumbsup2

Please add my family to the list. I just made our reservation for June 16-23. We will be there celebrating my daughter's 10th birthday. This will
be our first stay at the BC.

:welcome:

Will do!!!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Room only reservations made through a TA must be cancelled at least 5 days prior to your arrival date for a full refund. Your TA could call and try to switch your dates, but if rooms are available, you may be subject to a difference in price for the new dates. If you think you may have to change or cancel, make sure you contact the TA in time (sounds like you may have a communication problem there).

I'm talking about last minute weather related cancellations and what Disney does.

This is what I remember, but could be wrong...

Now, with room only I think we paid a one-night deposit, which I think is what is at risk if you have to cancel. I believe that there is a 5 day cancellation requirement, but again, I may be incorrect about that.

Possibly if weather is an issue with you getting to the resort, you could contact Disney/the resort to see if they are flexible with delaying your arrival a few days or to a later point in time.

Anyone have actual experience at having to cancel/delay a trip last minute?

:thumbsup2

Thanks - my concern is what happens when there is a weather issue v. a "meh, I don't want to go," but if no one knows for sure, I'll just get trip insurance to cover the whole shebang. Better safe than sorry!

I'm talking about last minute weather related cancellations and what Disney does.

Thanks - my concern is what happens when there is a weather issue v. a "meh, I don't want to go," but if no one knows for sure, I'll just get trip insurance to cover the whole shebang. Better safe than sorry!

I have not had to do it, but everything I've read tells me that Disney would allow you to change your dates at the last minute. Not sure if they would have some type of charge to do that inside the 5 day window. Since you don't "own" the reservation, your TA would have to be the one to do anything, and it would have to be done no later than your arrival date.

As for trip insurance, if you did decide to cancel you would only be penalized for the one night deposit, so no need to cover the cost of the entire stay. I've only purchased trip insurance for our cruises, but I would suggest you read all of the policy's conditions regarding weather delays/cancellations prior to purchasing. I've found that there can be huge differences in the conditions from policy to policy.

Here's to hoping you can make the trip as planned and not have to worry about any of this. :thumbsup2

I have not had to do it, but everything I've read tells me that Disney would allow you to change your dates at the last minute. Not sure if they would have some type of charge to do that inside the 5 day window. Since you don't "own" the reservation, your TA would have to be the one to do anything, and it would have to be done no later than your arrival date.

As for trip insurance, if you did decide to cancel you would only be penalized for the one night deposit, so no need to cover the cost of the entire stay. I've only purchased trip insurance for our cruises, but I would suggest you read all of the policy's conditions regarding weather delays/cancellations prior to purchasing. I've found that there can be huge differences in the conditions from policy to policy.

Here's to hoping you can make the trip as planned and not have to worry about any of this. :thumbsup2

Thanks! That's my hope, too! I've never bought trip insurance for a non-cruise trip (since, you know, the destination will be there but the cruise ship WILL leave without you), but my husband is a bit worried.

I was looking at the costs (the one place I usually get it from is pretty good) and the one that included weather was really affordable, but that was on the assumption that if I cancelled day-of Disney would charge me the WHOLE thing - not just the one night. When you add in airfare (which I scouted and then nabbed a major bargain), it's possible it's not worth it, but I'll need to run that buy the husband!

I do appreciate all the information. Thank you thank you thank yooooou.

Brought to you by: adverse road condition morning commute to work.

Hi everyone!

Looking for details on the BC fitness center.

What are the hours?

Specifically do the have a dry sauna.

Can all guests use the fitness center and saunas (if they have them)
or do you need to be a spa guest.

Any info or pics greatly appreciated!!! TY!!!!

Hi everyone!

Looking for details on the BC fitness center.

What are the hours?

Specifically do the have a dry sauna.

Can all guests use the fitness center and saunas (if they have them)
or do you need to be a spa guest.

Any info or pics greatly appreciated!!! TY!!!!

I need help from a recent guest on this one. If you have your Directory of Services & Resort Map from a recent visit, could you pull it out and look at what it says under Ship Shape Health Club.

This is what it reads on the one from my visit in July 2013:

Maintain your fitness regimen with Life Fitness exercise equipment, aerobic machines, spa, steam room, sauna and massage therapy. The Ship Shape Health Club is located between Disney's Y&BC adjacent to Lafferty Place Arcade and is for the use of Guests of Disney's Y&BC Resorts at no additional charge. Inquire during regular operating hours (???) for 24-hour access or Touch 7-3256.

And this is what I have on the front page for info:

Ship Shape Health Club

Guests of the YC, BC and BCV will discover a new sense of well-being in the Ship Shape Health Club. State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

ShipShape1.jpg
ShipShape5.jpg
ShipShape9.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures, spacy9!!!

To see more photos of the Ship Shape Health Club (taken by spacy9), click here! Ship Shape Health Club

A personal trainer is also available by appointment, for an additional cost.

Attendants are available from 6:30 AM to 7 PM. Hours may vary seasonally. 24 hour access is available. For club access beyond attendant hours, meet with an attendant during posted hours to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key.

Resort Guests must be 14 years of age or older to use the health-club facilities. Guests 14 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

The Ship Shape Health Club was renovated in the Fall of 2012.

We arrived! We were greeted and taken to check in.We checked in about 8:30am this morning. Our room wasn't ready so we dropped our luggage with Bell Services and drove over to Animal Kingdom.

So we are at BCV and I had requested an upper floor and water view (initally so that we might face the quiet pool) but then noticed that Water View wasn't an option any longer on the online check in. When I asked this morning, we were told we had a 'Theme Park' view. Ok, no problem that is different!

This... Is our view.

Not quite happy with it, and we are about a mile from the Villas lobby, but I am at Disney and that's what matters.
Bell Services was quite quick in delivering our luggage when we called for it, so that's a plus :)

I need help from a recent guest on this one. If you have your Directory of Services & Resort Map from a recent visit, could you pull it out and look at what it says under Ship Shape Health Club.

This is what it reads on the one from my visit in July 2013:

Maintain your fitness regimen with Life Fitness exercise equipment, aerobic machines, spa, steam room, sauna and massage therapy. The Ship Shape Health Club is located between Disney's Y&BC adjacent to Lafferty Place Arcade and is for the use of Guests of Disney's Y&BC Resorts at no additional charge. Inquire during regular operating hours (???) for 24-hour access or Touch 7-3256.

And this is what I have on the front page for info:

Ship Shape Health Club

Guests of the YC, BC and BCV will discover a new sense of well-being in the Ship Shape Health Club. State-of-the-art fitness equipment by Life Fitness and Hammer Strength includes treadmills, ellipticals, stair climbers, regular and recumbent bicycles, weight machines and free weights.

ShipShape1.jpg
ShipShape5.jpg
ShipShape9.jpg

Thanks so much for the pictures, spacy9!!!

To see more photos of the Ship Shape Health Club (taken by spacy9), click here! Ship Shape Health Club

A personal trainer is also available by appointment, for an additional cost.

Attendants are available from 6:30 AM to 7 PM. Hours may vary seasonally. 24 hour access is available. For club access beyond attendant hours, meet with an attendant during posted hours to sign a waiver and obtain a 24-hour access key.

Resort Guests must be 14 years of age or older to use the health-club facilities. Guests 14 to 17 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.

The Ship Shape Health Club was renovated in the Fall of 2012.

TY very much Dee!!!! Do you think that means I could use the gym, then use the sauna without purchasing any services at the spa?

I am wondering exactly where the sauna is located. And where is the spa in relation to the workout room and sauna?

TIA for any advice!!!

When I asked this morning, we were told we had a 'Theme Park' view. Ok, no problem that is different!

This... Is our view.

Oh...wow. Maybe tonight if you're back in your room in time, see if you can see some sort of fireworks from your balcony. Maybe that would constitute the TPV comment... Otherwise, have a great trip -- we love the BC and will be there Easter week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter