2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey! I think Hubby and I will be lunching at CHH on July 16th!

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and, if I remember correctly, the lunch stop is at CHH!

I can see my husband cringing as I stop at every table to ask, "Are you the Beach Club lady?". :rotfl2:

DH still hasn't gotten over the time when we were at Narcoossee's and I spotted YCFAN going into the ladies room and followed her in to say hi. She and I still kid that we are "DIS stalkers".l Dh thought I had lost my mind!

DH still hasn't gotten over the time when we were at Narcoossee's and I spotted YCFAN going into the ladies room and followed her in to say hi. She and I still kid that we are "DIS stalkers".l Dh thought I had lost my mind!

Someone recognized me from my trip reports when we were in Atlantis last April. She was going to say "Hi", but she said she didn't want to seem like a stalker and I was moving too fast for her to catch up anyway.

Does that ticker say 1 DAY!?!

party:

Hello everyone!

We have the YC GV room booked for Thanksgiving. Is is basically one exit out like BWI? With the long hallways? 4 floors?

Thanks!

New England Rockin the DIS this weekend

Just started vacation so I don't want to speed up time

But I sorta do...August is going to be sweet at the Beach

Someone recognized me from my trip reports when we were in Atlantis last April. She was going to say "Hi", but she said she didn't want to seem like a stalker and I was moving too fast for her to catch up anyway.

Does that ticker say 1 DAY!?!

party:

One Day! (Thanks for the ticker Dee!)

3 Kids and I are almost completely packed - DH NOTHING PACKED!
He is no longer allowed to pack on his own since the time I opened his suitcase and found he had packed 12 shirts, 2 shorts, 1 bathing suit, 2 pair of underwear and NO SOCKS for an 18 night vacation!!!! Also the time we were there for 2 weeks and he forgot to pack ANY bathing suits. I'm tired of buying him $20 socks!!!

Dog went to the groomers yesterday - today is my "spa day". Older kids and DH always give me gift cards to a salon I love and I save them up to do a spa day twice a year. Massage, facial, spa manicure, spa pedicure and hair cut!

Still have to pack the "extra suitcase" - medicines, toiletries, blow dryer, flat iron, air mattress and lots of "crazy stuff" we think we'll need (oh and the ponchos). Also have to sort everyone's carry ons - stop at the grocery store to make sure dog has everything and also lots of snacks and stuff for the older kids who are taking turns baby sitting said dog.

Car service will be here at 6:00 am tomorrow and if everything goes right we should be up in the air this time tomorrow.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Dee - since we'll be just missing each other HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!
I think you will like Hard Rock a lot more than Portofino. I know we loved it when we stayed there. We stayed CL too there - ask for the deluxe club room on the 7th floor. They only have a few but there is not extra charge - just luck!!!

Anyone who sees us at BC, SAB or anywhere in Disney - make sure you say hi!!!!

Can't wait for the Dis Meet!

Hey! I think Hubby and I will be lunching at CHH on July 16th!

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and, if I remember correctly, the lunch stop is at CHH!

I can see my husband cringing as I stop at every table to ask, "Are you the Beach Club lady?". :rotfl2:

We did the KTTK tour a couple of weeks ago and the lunch stop was CHH. We were on the 8:30am tour and stopped for lunch around 11:30, and the 9:00am group was coming in as we were leaving around noon. Finding someone could be a challenge since they seat the tour groups in a smaller dining area on the second floor that is roped off. You can go out of that area, but they don't let others in there until the last tour group is done with lunch. Just FYI - DW and I had the tuna salad sandwich (with house made chips) and DS had the fried shrimp (with fries) and we all thought it was a good lunch. We all thought it was a great tour and definitely worth the money - enjoy!

Some of the websites for making custom vacation (and other) tickers are:

www.distickers.com
www.mickeypath.com
www.myvacationcountdown.com

Either go to one of these websites or find a ticker you like on someone's post. Click on it and it will take you to the site where it was created. You can then customize the background picture, text and dates.

When you are finished, a code will be created that you can copy and paste into your signature.

The code will look something like this:

{url=http://distickers.com/ticker/}{img}http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/7xmp2twsyl9lfoey.png{/img}{/url}

note: I have replaced the brackets [ ] with braces { } so the address could appear instead of the ticker.

Go to your User CP (upper left corner of this site)
Under Your Control Panel, you will find Settings and Options.
Here is where you can Edit Signature.

Copy and Paste the code from the ticker site you used into your signature.

The ticker, and anything else you add to your signature (smilies, names, past trips, links to trip reports) will appear at the bottom of all of your posts.

Please note that you only get a certain amount of space for your signature, so it part of it is cutting off, you may need to condense some of the stuff above it.

Hello everyone!

We have the YC GV room booked for Thanksgiving. Is is basically one exit out like BWI? With the long hallways? 4 floors?

Thanks!

I have never stayed at the YC, so we will have to rely on others to answer some of your questions.

Yes, 4 floors of regular (not deluxe, club level) rooms

Not sure how many elevator banks or stairways there are.

There is a second entrance/exit to the YC- here is the info we have on the front page about the "Secret Exit"

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM

A little more detail about the YC Secret Entrance

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

Yay! Mickey Mail yesterday! Starting to freak out a little though. I still have 2 costumes to finish for the show (the weekend before our trip) before I can start working on anything for our actual trip. I wish our vacation were tomorrow...and yet, it's much too soon!

One Day! (Thanks for the ticker Dee!)

3 Kids and I are almost completely packed - DH NOTHING PACKED!
He is no longer allowed to pack on his own since the time I opened his suitcase and found he had packed 12 shirts, 2 shorts, 1 bathing suit, 2 pair of underwear and NO SOCKS for an 18 night vacation!!!! Also the time we were there for 2 weeks and he forgot to pack ANY bathing suits. I'm tired of buying him $20 socks!!!

Dog went to the groomers yesterday - today is my "spa day". Older kids and DH always give me gift cards to a salon I love and I save them up to do a spa day twice a year. Massage, facial, spa manicure, spa pedicure and hair cut!

Still have to pack the "extra suitcase" - medicines, toiletries, blow dryer, flat iron, air mattress and lots of "crazy stuff" we think we'll need (oh and the ponchos). Also have to sort everyone's carry ons - stop at the grocery store to make sure dog has everything and also lots of snacks and stuff for the older kids who are taking turns baby sitting said dog.

Car service will be here at 6:00 am tomorrow and if everything goes right we should be up in the air this time tomorrow.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Dee - since we'll be just missing each other HAVE A MAGICAL TRIP!!!!
I think you will like Hard Rock a lot more than Portofino. I know we loved it when we stayed there. We stayed CL too there - ask for the deluxe club room on the 7th floor. They only have a few but there is not extra charge - just luck!!!

Anyone who sees us at BC, SAB or anywhere in Disney - make sure you say hi!!!!

Can't wait for the Dis Meet!

Can't wait to see you on Sunday!

Robyn, I am so jealous (not about your husband's packing abilities but the fact that you leave tomorrow!) :thumbsup2 Safe travels!

Teena, glad to hear Bob is on the mend!

I'm having a meltdown (not Disney related)! Tomorrow we are having 80 people at our house for a graduation pool party. It's not going to be great pool weather here in Chicago....rain and a high of 70. Our pool is not heated and our house is not big enough to hold these people. So please pray to Mother Nature that she cooperates so my party can be held outside (and that I don't run out of toilet paper.....thank goodness I'm not serving Mexican food!):eek: I broke down and rented a jumpy for the kids. :jumping1::jumping1::jumping1:

Two weeks until we are at my "happy place"! Until then, I have lots of :laundy: and :surfweb: and :drive: so then I can :drinking1 my first Sunken Treasure and many slushies and enjoy lots of :mickeybar

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!