2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob Update: He's still very swollen and red (neck) but today he's up and walking around. Yesterday he was in bed 90% of the day and evening. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling and redness will be less!

Wonderful. Sounds like he's making a good recovery.

Bob Update: He's still very swollen and red (neck) but today he's up and walking around. Yesterday he was in bed 90% of the day and evening. Hopefully tomorrow the swelling and redness will be less!

Glad he's starting to get up and move around. I hope he's feeling even better tomorrow!

Amanda

Well we are here now at POR, checking in at BC tomorrow morning. My hubby and girls STILL don't know we are staying there. Funny story...I just paid $16 for a beer and a mixed drink. When I handed hubby the receipt he said, "At this rate we could've stayed club level again.". HAHA!!! We are!!:rotfl:

:rotfl2: m
Love those surprised! I have one for my daughter! Pre YC she thinks we are staying at POFQ for 2 nights! But we are staying at GF.

Which ones are you trying? My favorites? Teppan Edo and although not in WS, Artist Point?

Oh we loved Artist Point when we stayed at WL in 2010. We are going to try Via Napoli I think, unless I switch to Tutto. Chefs de France. Biergarten which we enjoyed on our honeymoon 15 years ago, but cancelled on the 2 trips with the kids because it just wasn't gonna happen. Rose and Crown is booked, we always eat there. Want to try Big River Grille and probably end up at ESPN at some point too. Scored a BOG ADR as well.

I'm sad I won't get to meet you, you'll be away when we are there. :(

I finally took some time and read the BE Our Guest List....geez, August seems to be VERY popular. I am a little worried that is is going to be jam packed when we arrive.
We've only stayed at a value in late Aug before, so will BC be just as crowded as a value would be? Just curious.

No, it won't be as crowded even if full, because BC has a lot less rooms then a value. Pop has 2880 rooms, BC has around 560? rooms.

:rotfl2: m
Love those surprised! I have one for my daughter! Pre YC she thinks we are staying at POFQ for 2 nights! But we are staying at GF.

Grand Floridian?!? That's great! Good for you. Your DD will love that!

We ended up staying at three different resorts, ending up at Beach Club. It was as amazing as I remember.
We drove straight through from Virginia so I made a reservation from the road for the a Little Mermaid room but was pixie dusted into a Cars suite. Then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 nights then on to Beach Club for 5 nights.
Three sets of KTTWs!

I loved our location room 3610 close to the lobby, which was my only request. I loved the Juliet balcony, didn't miss a larger one at all. The weather was great only one really rainy night at POR. I wouldn't hesitate to book another June trip.
Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I used the secret door all the time!

Teena- I am so glad to hear that Bob is okay. It is so hard to be the loved one who isn't the patient. It was really nice talking with you. You really do make the Beach Club a special place.
Elizabeth

Sounds like you had a great trip! I think we have decided to drive straight through also, and I am looking at booking a Little Mermaid room for that night- my kids (and me) would love to check out AOA! That is wonderful about the pixie dust to a suite!!

Oh good! Sounds like he is on the right road. We will be there at BC 10/21 to 10-25. Will we get to meet you? Hope so!!!

We ended up staying at three different resorts, ending up at Beach Club. It was as amazing as I remember.
We drove straight through from Virginia so I made a reservation from the road for the a Little Mermaid room but was pixie dusted into a Cars suite. Then we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside for 4 nights then on to Beach Club for 5 nights.
Three sets of KTTWs!

I loved our location room 3610 close to the lobby, which was my only request. I loved the Juliet balcony, didn't miss a larger one at all. The weather was great only one really rainy night at POR. I wouldn't hesitate to book another June trip.
Thanks for all of the wonderful information on this thread. I used the secret door all the time!

Teena- I am so glad to hear that Bob is okay. It is so hard to be the loved one who isn't the patient. It was really nice talking with you. You really do make the Beach Club a special place.
Elizabeth

Glad you had a great trip!!!

Oh good! Sounds like he is on the right road. We will be there at BC 10/21 to 10-25. Will we get to meet you? Hope so!!!

I'll be there on 10/21 (Monday) and then am flying out to my daughter's on 10/22 for 10 days. If you get there before 6:20 PM, I'll be there on Monday. I look forward to meeting you.

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you can help me. What kind of room do you get usually for garden view room at the BC? Also, if staying at the BC, should we make a room request?

Hi everyone,
I wonder if you can help me. What kind of room do you get usually for garden view room at the BC? Also, if staying at the BC, should we make a room request?

A garden view room is a room with a view of anything green. It can be the courtyard, the volleyball court area or the dense overgrown woods. As far as room request, it would depend on what you want. Do you want to be near Epcot, or near the lobby? Do you want to have a full balcony?

We will be at Beach Club from Sept. 22-Sept 29th. Add us to your list please! :)

We are in single digits for our return to the World!! 8 days until we arrive at POR and 20 days until we return to the Beach Club!! I can't wait!!!

I'll be there on 10/21 (Monday) and then am flying out to my daughter's on 10/22 for 10 days. If you get there before 6:20 PM, I'll be there on Monday. I look forward to meeting you.

Yeah! We will be there bright and early in Monday! Staying offsite Sunday night in dtown disney. Can't wait!

We will be at Beach Club from Sept. 22-Sept 29th. Add us to your list please! :)

:welcome:

Glad to add you to the Be Our Guest list.

PLease let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

Hi everyone,

A garden view room is a room with a view of anything green. It can be the courtyard, the volleyball court area or the dense overgrown woods. As far as room request, it would depend on what you want. Do you want to be near Epcot, or near the lobby? Do you want to have a full balcony?

As Teena indicated, the garden view rooms are the same size/type as the other standard rooms, and will have a view of something green.

For further info about room requests and for a link that will take you to a sample of some views from GV rooms, click on this link from Page 1.

Post 13: FAQ
BC vs. YC, Room View Categories, Full vs. Juliet Balconies, Daybeds, Online vs. In-person checkin

Hope that helps!!!

Hey! I think Hubby and I will be lunching at CHH on July 16th!

We are doing the Keys to the Kingdom tour and, if I remember correctly, the lunch stop is at CHH!

I can see my husband cringing as I stop at every table to ask, "Are you the Beach Club lady?". :rotfl2:

That is cool!!!

I don't know what time we will be there but I am guessing it will be sometime between 1 and 2 pm.

There are pictures of me and my family floating around- you can click on the intros to one of my trip reports if you want to study up!

:rotfl2:

Our husbands can cringe together as we seek out fellow DISers!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter