2013 Beach and Yacht FAQ, Fun & Friends: Don't Post Here- New Thread Started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Crawling out from under my lurker rock to ask an off topic question: We're driving down and I hate to waste any quality time at the YC so we were hoping to stay at some cheap and cheerful off-site hotel the day we arrive and then check into the YC at the crack of dawn and start our vacation. :cool1:
We'll probably do the same thing at the other end of our stay - get our final Grand Marnier and dessert delectable at the BW and then go off-site for a night and leave for home the next morning. Can anyone recommend a place that sleeps 5? Has anyone done this?
TIA

Woo hoo 2 months to go!!

We have done this frequently and plan to again. (We will be getting into town later that evening and I would rather stay offsite than risk getting a bottom of the barrel room!). Anyway, we have stayed at a couple suite hotels along Palm Parkway (and Marbella Palm Court) and they have been just fine for the 5 of us - try the Homewood Suites, Residence Inn or Hawthorn Suites. They are close to Downtown Disney, grocery stores and a short trek on-property to check in the next morning.

On the Poly thread, pics have been posted of super nifty resort merchandise. I am behind on reading this thread, can anyone tell me if anyone has grabbed pics of YC or BC specific items and posted here? If so, I will search for it! Excited to see what the new items look like!

Kids are done with school tomorrow and supposed to be going to local amusement park tomorrow for school picnic but predicting rain. We are driving and were going to leave Friday and stop in georgia, drive remainder of the way sat and check in at BC.Now hubby wants to forego school picnic, leave tomorrow and drive all the way and spend night near Orlando so we can get the max out of our first day. It will be a 17 hour drive so now I don't know what to do- kids want to hit the road tomorrow. I too would be interested in clean cheap hotel near Orlando. Would be coming 95 thru Daytona.

I would go!!!

Feel better Pookie! :hug:

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM

Have a fantastic, and uber stealthy trip! :cool2:

You must be soooo excited! I'm excited for you & looking forward to your postings while down there. Hey, by the way, how did you get my to do list??? Lol.

Completely excited and hoping Tropical Storm Andrea moves past Orlando in time for our landing! I really like my list! The Poly pool was over crowded and pool hoppers were frequent. I'm looking forward to a controlled pool! Napping during my afternoon breaks are important for my late nights and up at 5 am every day!!!

While I haven't been able to participate in the excitement of a trip this summer, I do have some exciting news today!!

I signed and returned my contract, as well as the deposit, for our Illuminations party next summer!! The planning is underway!!!! Eau de France is definitely booked! :)

Even though I'll miss you terribly this year - how exciting!!!!

Can't wait - we'll be there with bells on!!!

PittPathFan - we've done the 17 hour - straight through- trip lots of times.

What we usually did was stay at the Buena Vista Palace in DTD (sleeps 5), have dinner at RFC in DTD, hit the beds early and then do a super early check in at BC and hit the parks at rope drop!

How does one go about ordering a cake from the resort, is there I formation on the boards? My sister will be celebrating her birthday and I want to do something nice for her as it will also be her first time at Disney EVER!!

There is a cake thread that has lots of great information about the options and lots of fun pictures. We ordered a custom cake for my daughter last year for her 2nd birthday celebration and will do it again this year!

Okay, I don't look for a few days and I have like 25 pages of catching up to do?!

I've been researching special order celebration cakes on the official cake thread. Any BC/YC experts have any advice about ordering from the resort bakery?

We are celebrating son's birthday, wedding anniversary, and daughter's birthday so I thought ordering a neat cake from the resort and having it delivered to our room one night might be kind of fun?

We also have dinner at Narcoossee's one night, so that's another cake option (though from a different bakery).

Help!!! Too many choices!

Time passes on the board as quickly as it passes slowly for the next trip!
The cake we ordered above came from the Contemporary Bakery - we got it from Chef Brian and he was fantastic to work with to get exactly what we wanted! :)

Oh my goodness, BringingUpDisney! Your DD is adorable!

I keep reading and re-reading the room request suggestions, but still haven't made up my mind. We really want a daybed (despite being a family of 4) because my DS13 and DD12 do NOT want to share a bed. I can foresee all sorts of nuisance-y bickering if they end up having to share. But I also really want a full balcony, since this will be our first ever stay at BC. We paid for a WV room, and I don't have a preference regarding proximity to lobby, etc. As I mentioned previously, we have always stayed at AKL, so we are used to loooong walks from the lobby/pool/restaurants to our room. Anyone care to weigh in for me? popcorn::

Awesome! I can't wait to try it out now!

~N

YES a solo trip!! I've done a few of them now and like them a lot!! Let me know if you end up being there at the same time... would love a mini dis meet!!

~N
I will for sure. It is looking likely:cool1: and I am always up for a DIS meet. Maybe share a meal. Can I entice you with a TIW discount:rolleyes:

~N

First it's :crazy2:
then it's :crutches:
THEN it's :tiptoe:
Finally it's :cool1:

If it gets to be :Pinkbounc
Then you've had too many pain meds and you need to cut back!

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. :worried: It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

The Ninja family will be staying at Port Orleans Riverside, but since we are Ninja's we'll be hard to spot. Look for the family at the pool that is covered from head to toe in black Ninja wear.... We'll be the ones that are making a ridiculous attempt to blend in with the shrubbery....

~NM

Have fun and be sure to update us:thumbsup2

There is a cake thread that has lots of great information about the options and lots of fun pictures. We ordered a custom cake for my daughter last year for her 2nd birthday celebration and will do it again this year!

http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/Jessica_Hardwick/media/IMG_3273_zps37616a79.jpg.html

Time passes on the board as quickly as it passes slowly for the next trip!
The cake we ordered above came from the Contemporary Bakery - we got it from Chef Brian and he was fantastic to work with to get exactly what we wanted! :)

Is that considered a mini cake? Did you order from BW bakery?

PittPathFan - we've done the 17 hour - straight through- trip lots of times.

What we usually did was stay at the Buena Vista Palace in DTD (sleeps 5), have dinner at RFC in DTD, hit the beds early and then do a super early check in at BC and hit the parks at rope drop!

Thanks! I think we are going to take your advice, especially with the topical storm coming in right over our drive area. We will be driving right into so it may ultimately make our drive longer so we might as well get on the road.

I have a mani/pedi in the am, kids go to school for 2hours for mass and they can say a prayer for the drive, then we will do last minute car pack and then go.

So when the day started, I thought I had 2 sleeps but now it looks like I will have only one until we are on the road (with the exception of napping in the car!).:cheer2::cheer2:

I never thought I would be happy about the prospect of rain,

I keep reading and re-reading the room request suggestions, but still haven't made up my mind. We really want a daybed (despite being a family of 4) because my DS13 and DD12 do NOT want to share a bed. I can foresee all sorts of nuisance-y bickering if they end up having to share. But I also really want a full balcony, since this will be our first ever stay at BC. We paid for a WV room, and I don't have a preference regarding proximity to lobby, etc. As I mentioned previously, we have always stayed at AKL, so we are used to loooong walks from the lobby/pool/restaurants to our room. Anyone care to weigh in for me? popcorn::

Thank you!

I would ask for both but put the daybed first to avoid any unmagical bickering.

Thanks! I think we are going to take your advice, especially with the topical storm coming in right over our drive area. We will be driving right into so it may ultimately make our drive longer so we might as well get on the road.

I have a mani/pedi in the am, kids go to school for 2hours for mass and they can say a prayer for the drive, then we will do last minute car pack and then go.

So when the day started, I thought I had 2 sleeps but now it looks like I will have only one until we are on the road (with the exception of napping in the car!).:cheer2::cheer2:

Have a safe drive and magical time! Can't wait to hear about your trip!

First it's :crazy2:
then it's :crutches:
THEN it's :tiptoe:
Finally it's :cool1:

If it gets to be :Pinkbounc
Then you've had too many pain meds and you need to cut back!

In other news I am all packed, the fish have been set up with the automatic feeder, the dog is at a friends and I tried to leave the boys where the dog was staying but my friend said they ate too much and wouldn't let them stay. :worried: It's up to God to water the flowers, my work is done.

~NM
:rotfl2: update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache :crazy2:

Enjoy POR! It's our fav moderate

I got excited reading your post! Safe travels!

:rotfl2: update: home from surgery, think it went well. Now if I can only get rid of this pounding headache :crazy2:

Enjoy POR! It's our fav moderate

Wishing you a quick recovery!

Would a rollaway be ok? If so, I would phrase your request:

"Full balcony, please. Daybed if possible- teen son and daughter on trip"

When you are at the checkin desk, ask if your requests were granted. If you get a room with a balcony, but no daybed, ask for a rollaway. If your requests aren't granted, you can ask if there will be a room that meets your requests the next day if you are willing to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!